cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming text message for Province wide plan

AHKL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I bought a Provinve wide plan last week and I am supposed to receive incoming text messages. But I am not getting any text message. I know in a province wide plan there is no out going test message facility but there is an incoming. Looking forward to get solution.

Thanks.

24 REPLIES 24

Master2001
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Like @wetcoaster said, to get incoming text, you need outgoing text.

No plan include only incoming text.

The only exception is US Roaming.

If you have text in you plan, you will get free incoming text in US.

But you have to buy a US add-on with text to send text.

Like @wetcoaster said:

A good plan is $15 ready-made plan ($13 with AutoPay enable):
Unlimited incoming calls
100 minutes outgoing calls
Unlimited incoming/outgoing text messages

250MB data with AutoPay

Also add $5 add-on 500 minutes witch never expire (one time only).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wetcoaster wrote:

@kkwale wrote:

Did you ever restart your phone? Sometimes it can register you on different signal channel and it may help.

Restarting the phone can help with a lot of issues. Not having a text feature on your plan isn't one of them.

To be fair...there *are* undocumented, unofficial benefits in this service. Surely the data-only plans can receive notification texts from PM (I don't know) which might suggest testing to see if normal texts can be received (but not sent). Maybe the calling-only plan in question can receive PM texts too. Can it also receive normal texts? So the question to the OP is...do you get texts from 611 or 100? Or have those also stopped?

We still haven't seen proof of the Plan Details. I think a mis-representation was put on by the vendor where the customer thought he had a certain service.

@kkwale wrote:

Did you ever restart your phone? Sometimes it can register you on different signal channel and it may help.

Restarting the phone can help with a lot of issues. Not having a text feature on your plan isn't one of them.

@AHKL wrote:

If so then he did not do the right thing and it is painful. I actually bought 2 SIMs from him. One $25/month...Canada wide Unlimited Talk+Text+(500MB+500MB0 Data and another one $20/month Province wide with no out going text but incoming text. I bought it about 10 days ago. Yes, that offer is no more after I bought it.

As @srlawren said, the rep was either mistaken or misled you. The $20 Provincial Talk plan never (in the last 3 years since I've discovered Public Mobile) included texts. It means the texting channel in your account is not enabled and you can't get incoming texts either.

Other providers might work differently, but at Public Mobile this is how things work - if you don't pay for a feature you don't have access to it. "no texts" = no incoming and no outgoing texts.

Depending on how many outgoing minutes you are using the $15 plan with 100 outgoing minutes, unlimited incoming talk and unlimited texting might be the better choice for you. Combine it with the $5 500 Canada wide minute add-on and you have a way more versatile plan for the same money. Bonus, the 500minutes don't expir until used up, plan minutes get used first, if you run out of the 100minutes before renewal, the add-on kicks in, at renewal you get 100 minutes again which will be used first, add-on bridges the gap between 0 outgoing minutes left and renewal... rinse, repeat. once you've used the 500 minutes, just buy another one...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AHKL wrote:

10 days ago I bought it from store.

Did you get this plan at a Public Mobile kiosk thingy with the "bike" motif?

10 days ago? I don't think that plan was available even then. I don't think there ever has been any such thing as incoming only.

We're all still curious to see those details. Are you able to post a screen snip of the Plan Details page?

kkwale
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

AHKL

10 days ago I bought it from store.

AHKL

If so then he did not do the right thing and it is painful. I actually bought 2 SIMs from him. One $25/month...Canada wide Unlimited Talk+Text+(500MB+500MB0 Data and another one $20/month Province wide with no out going text but incoming text. I bought it about 10 days ago. Yes, that offer is no more after I bought it.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AHKL wrote:

I bought a Provinve wide plan last week and I am supposed to receive incoming text messages. But I am not getting any text message. I know in a province wide plan there is no out going test message facility but there is an incoming. Looking forward to get solution.

@AHKL something doesn't quite add up from what you've told us. If you are really on the $20 plan and the retail agent that helped you activate told you it included incoming text messages, unfortunately they were either mistaken or deceptive.  As noted by the other responders, the $20 plan includes only talk (unlimited province-wide talk) but no texting and no data.  

If you were mistaken on the amount and are actually on a $25 plan, there are a couple of variations of $25 plans, but both include unlimited texting to and from any cell phone number world-wide (while you're in Canada).  So if you are on one of these plans, then there is a different issue that nees to be addressed.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Master2001 wrote:

At 20$ there is no text.
With text it is 25$.

“Province wide unlimited calls and incoming text message” at 20$ doesn’t exist anymore.

Agreed. But if he has that plan then he has that plan. I doubt it. But we can only go on what info he's providing. I'd still like to see a screen snip of his Plan Details.

Say perhaps he does have this plan....

Two things to try:
1. Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

Master2001

Go into your Account, click on “Plan and Add-Ons”.

Capture.PNG

You will see what’s included in your plan.

My Plan   This plan includes: -
International Outgoing Texts and Unlimited Incoming Texts (if you have text)
Unlimited minutes of Province-wide Talk

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AHKL wrote:

No, I can't send text messages. $20/month...plan details was Province wide unlimited calls and incoming text message.

How long ago did you get this plan?

I see how to get to $20 in the build your own but if it's no text it would seem to me that it would be no text. (other than probably from PM)

Master2001

At 20$ there is no text.
With text it is 25$.

“Province wide unlimited calls and incoming text message” at 20$ doesn’t exist anymore.

“Province wide unlimited calls and incoming text message” at 20$ never existed in 2019.

"Ready made plan" was Province wide unlimited calls, no text at 20$ and you can still build it.

AHKL

No, I can't send text messages. $20/month...plan details was Province wide unlimited calls and incoming text message.

Master2001

There is no more “Province-wide” “ready plan” any more. You need “Build plan” to get “Province-wide" plan.

“Province-wide unlimited calls and incoming text message” at 20$ never existed in 2019.

"Ready made plan" was Province wide unlimited calls, no text at 20$ and you can still build it.

Your sellers may have selected this

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AHKL wrote:

I did not buid it. It was an offer through store and I bought it from there. They activated my sim.

Maybe post a screen snip of your Plan Details page. Blank out any personal info of course.

Master2001

Can you send text messages?
How much is you plan?

Do you have Data?

AHKL

Yes, incoming SMS only...no MMS or out going SMS.

AHKL

I did not buid it. It was an offer through store and I bought it from there. They activated my sim.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AHKL wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

So this is a build your own plan. Did you not select any texting option? It's either all or nothing. Although I would suspect that PM can still send texts to you. I'm not sure where you gathered that not selecting texting would allow incoming.

AHKL

Yes, I can make calls and receice too. There is no problem with voice calls.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@AHKLYou might want to double check if your port procedure went correctly.. ie can you receive calls also?

We are talking about SMS only not MMS right?

AHKL

I ported in from another service provider.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@AHKLIs this a new number or you are porting an existing number in?

Need Help? Let's chat.