cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data

Phoneuser123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have recently contacted public mobile and reduced my service from 2gb to 1gb. I have 31$ in my wallet my next payment ty isn't until end of January and my data on my account has more than 1gb still not used and account a rice, yet I cannot get any data service . Checked all my settings they are ok. Any ideas. No problems until I changed data plan

4 REPLIES 4

@Phoneuser123 wrote:

If I do that will it clear all my messages, text history and other important info

@Phoneuser123

Please take the guess work out of the game and use the quote and / or tag functions. Who or what are you replying to?

If you do what?

If you are talking about the lost/found trick that @Anonymous suggested: It will not interfere with the data stored in your phone and it does not delete any data in your self-serve account. What it does is rendering your SIM card temporarily unusable and then reset the account - SIM card connection / set up once you are using the "found" function. So if there was a glitch in those settings before it's overwritten by the "new" data, potentially solving whatever went wrong initially.

Rebooting your phone doesn't delete any data on your phone either and might just do the trick.

The more drastic version of this, however, the factory reset of your phone will wipe any data and third party apps off the phone's drive. You want to make sure that you back up all your data to a cloud system of your choice, or your computer before doing a factory reset.

Phoneuser123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I do that will it clear all my messages, text history and other important info

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Phoneuser123 Just wanting to be certain, that when you login to your account you see a data allowance under My Data & add-ons? If not, you have no data left.

What is make/model of your phone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Phoneuser123 wrote:

I have recently contacted public mobile and reduced my service from 2gb to 1gb. I have 31$ in my wallet my next payment ty isn't until end of January and my data on my account has more than 1gb still not used and account a rice, yet I cannot get any data service . Checked all my settings they are ok. Any ideas. No problems until I changed data plan

Coupla confusing words and terms in there but anyway...

What plan were you on and what plan do you think you're on now? Maybe a screenshot of your overview page would be helpful. Blank out personal info of course.

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

There's another trick to try but let's start there.

Need Help? Let's chat.