cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data with new phone number activation

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey guys, my friend bought a iPhone 5 and used me as a referral, she is not tech savvy so im trying to help her. she activated it fine and it works but no data, she choose the $25.00 package with 500mb plus 500mb bonus data. Her data is turned on, her apps are turned on but she says it says offline when trying to do anything when not on wifi. Any suggestions? I read some other posts previous to this and never seen anything we have not already tried. Thanks in advance if you can halp us. I want to keep her as a customer before she jumps ship.

9 REPLIES 9

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If anything, the 6 should be less of a problem. I have a 5S getting full LTE data on PM so you should be fine with a 6 once you do the troubleshooting. 

Mountainmaxman

Hey guys, sorry i made a typo, she has an iPhone 6 not 5 if that makes any difference, I will try to help her follow the links you suggested and go from there, thanks

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

Hey guys, my friend bought a iPhone 5 and used me as a referral, she is not tech savvy so im trying to help her. she activated it fine and it works but no data, she choose the $25.00 package with 500mb plus 500mb bonus data. 

Don't worry about the APN suggestions... you can't set the APN.  There's a good chance this post will get you on the right track, and this post might be appropriate as well.  Failing that, I would have a look at this post, which might apply to your friend's iPhone.

Mountainmaxman

She done the IMEI number check before ordering the sim card and it said it was an acceptable phone to use

mojorising

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

Hey guys, my friend bought a iPhone 5 and used me as a referral, she is not tech savvy so im trying to help her. she activated it fine and it works but no data, she choose the $25.00 package with 500mb plus 500mb bonus data. Her data is turned on, her apps are turned on but she says it says offline when trying to do anything when not on wifi. Any suggestions? I read some other posts previous to this and never seen anything we have not already tried. Thanks in advance if you can halp us. I want to keep her as a customer before she jumps ship.

here is how to setup up data on androids and iphones.

Step by Step APN configuration

Step1: 

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Blackberry

OS 10 - Settings > Network and Connections > Mobile Network > Tap the settings icon (dented wheel)

Windows

Windows 8 Step 1 Settings > cellular > Add or Edit internet APN 

iPhone

Click here

Step 2:

You will need to input the following information:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

Step 3:

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mountainmaxman , you might want to try a network reset.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201415

Dunkgirl

@Mountainmaxman 

It could also be, that you need to update the APN settings/search for the network manually.

In your phone settings under Mobile Network --> Carrier --> select Manually search for network and click on Public Mobile

For APN, it would be under Mobile Network --> Access Point Names

Add a new APN and enter the Public Mobile details -->https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Heres a great website to search APN settings !

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Mountainmaxman First check the exact model of the phone, if it's model A1442 from China it is not compatible with Public Mobile.

Then check the APN settings, they should look like this:
Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F
Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

Iphone
Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
OR
Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.
Need Help? Let's chat.