cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data or service one week after paying 3lines

Heatherwheaton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I was late paying for my three plans , but paid for the three lines 7 days ago all went through on my end good, up until today I sent 5$ to my account but not my kid’s accounts and I now have service and data and they don’t. We have went a full week with no phones. And absolutely nowhere or anyone helped me figure this out other than a site I seen when googling “paid for my plan but still no service” I read that a customer had sent 5$ to their account and it worked. 
well not only did we loose a week of phone use and data   I had to take a chance on sending extra money. I think there should be some kind of warning or notification, a email or something stating if your late paying you have to pay extra   Or that your services will be turned on with extra payment. We had 7 days of no phone , no data , self isolation and couldn’t talk to anyone 

12 REPLIES 12

@Heatherwheaton 

feel free to post on here anytime for questions. sorry to hear about your service!

Heatherwheaton

I understand what you are saying about the prepaid service and vending machine, what I am trying to explain is that I paid a week late , then didn’t have service for almost another week,   leaving myself and twin teenage girls isolated in our home without cellphones, it was a tad frustrating let me tell ya. But after posting on here got everything figured out and isolation a little less overwhelming 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Heatherwheaton I think all three of you do have service again? As a backup for any PM service glitches have a look at the apps from Fongo and TextNow; both can provide free calling/texting while connected to any wifi; they also work with cellular data if needed. Fongo has been my backup for 4 years, though, fortunately, never needed. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Heatherwheaton   Gosh! You've had a tough week! You did manage to find a solution by chance by googling but now at least you have found the community and how effective the collective can be in solving most issues....even ones such as yours that one would think would need a moderator. Occasionally you do but most of the time after a few posts we can narrow down the issue and offer a solution. If this happens again use the troubleshooting techniques offered by @geopublic .

A couple of other quick tricks for common phone issues....calls being dropped, going straight to voicemail or texts not sending/receiving or a service not working properly. Try these tricks:

1. Reboot phone.
  2. Turn airplane mode on. Wait 5 min. Turn airplane mode off.
  3. Log in to your acct. Report phone lost. Log out. Wait 5 min. Log in. Report found. Reboot.

If these don't fix the issue...come to the community are always happy to help! Welcome to pm.

Heatherwheaton

I have to add 

I’ve been using public mobile a full year and signed my twin girls up in December. I have not experienced any trouble or had any problems with public mobile in any way. When bigger companies have had service loss I haven’t   And absolutely love the fact my bills 1/4 what I had to pay with previous cell providers. I was a late paying our plans but since paying on March 30th we haven’t had any use of our phones. This corona isolation is hard enough on families but you don’t know drama until your teenagers are fighting over a house phone and nobody knows how to use it because all they know is Facebook messenger or text messages. 

stay safe people 

wash your hands

thank you for understanding this mommas frustration at such a messed up time in life

Heatherwheaton

Hi 

thanks for your help! I wish I had posted this a week ago. I wouldn’t have went a week stuck in my house with teenagers without phones. And lost a week of service and data 

hopefully it helps others though

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Heatherwheaton wrote:

So I was late paying for my three plans , but paid for the three lines 7 days ago all went through on my end good, up until today I sent 5$ to my account but not my kid’s accounts and I now have service and data and they don’t. We have went a full week with no phones. And absolutely nowhere or anyone helped me figure this out other than a site I seen when googling “paid for my plan but still no service” I read that a customer had sent 5$ to their account and it worked. 
well not only did we loose a week of phone use and data   I had to take a chance on sending extra money. I think there should be some kind of warning or notification, a email or something stating if your late paying you have to pay extra   Or that your services will be turned on with extra payment. We had 7 days of no phone , no data , self isolation and couldn’t talk to anyone 

One way to avoid the occasional renew glitch is to manually load $$ into Available Funds for each account, a couple of days before renewal. Thaat seems to make the process mucho happy.

FYI...if you run into problems with your PM service, you should immediately come to the Community Forum and post your questions. We're much smarter / faster than off-shore call center and you don't have to listen to elevator music.

The Community Forum is made up of PM users like you and me. Some have been around since the start of cell phone technology so will likely have a valid answer to any question you have...or at least be able to point you to the right place to get resolution.

Welcome to PM.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Heatherwheaton 

You should have reached out to moderators before.

Check your service dates.

Make sure that you did not pay for those 7 days.

If your renewal day is not 30 days from your payment contact moderators and they should be able to adjust it for you.

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

This is the issue with prepaid service, it's like vending machine, if you didn't put in the coin nothing will come out, you can complain only if you put in the coin and nothing came out.

That said, they do try to help every time you reach out and if your were not in position to pay for your accounts you could have talk to them to have at least one working

@Heatherwheaton  the $5 should be in your account an will be used to reduce your next payment on your cycle payment date. You could try these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $2 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Heatherwheaton , is it possible for you to enable auto payment?  That is the best way forward to avoid service disruptions.  This is a prepaid service and as such any payment arrears results in service disruption.  With several accounts and possibly different renewal dates, it can be painful to keep up with payments manually. 

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Heatherwheaton 

Have you tried to reset your sim?

This trick resets your SIM/phone.

To report your phone lost/stolen.   

1. Login to your account.  
  2. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab.
  3. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  
  4. Then choose the Suspend Service tab.  Then Logout.
  5. Wait a few minutes and log back in and report your phone found. 
  6. Reboot phone.

let us know if this helps

cheers

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Heatherwheaton wrote:

@Heatherwheaton 

Try the following to get plan re-activated again. (Just keep going down the list)

1. Restart your phone
  2. Lost/Stolen trick a1.PNG

A2.PNG

wait a couple of minutes and then declare your phone found by using the same steps from above and restart your phone.

3. Add $1 to your account funds

If none of the above methods work submit a ticket to the Moderator Team for help.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.