cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data 2 weeks in, phone unable to complete calls without restarting phone.

PatClay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up with public mobile ~2 weeks ago and since I left the Kiosk I have had more and more issues piling up. The biggest two right now are that my data has never worked for some reason and I have a 1+1 bonus GB on my plan. The other problem is that my calls wont complete and say that "calling isn't included" in my plan. I restart the phone and it calls fine, but the data never works. Looking to resolve these issues. 

4 REPLIES 4

@PatClay @stonechucker iPhone 4 APN settings cannot be updated manually. You will need to connect to wifi, access http://www.unlockit.co.nz/mobilesettings/ with Safari, then follow the directions there. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

If I recall correctly, the APN for the iPhone4s is brutally difficult setup.  I've seen links on here before, but don't have reference to it.

@Luddite, would you happen to have it handy, as you're a resident iPhone guy?

PatClay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm pretty sure it's an iPhone 4. It made calls fine just until recently. My data IS turned on, I've checked repreatedly and even tried turning it off and on a few times. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @PatClay,

The data issue sounds like it would be one of 2 possible things:

1) are you sure you have your mobile data turned on?  it's easy to turn it off even by accident.

2) your APN settings may be incorrect or missing.  I'm hoping someone will come along with the link to the correct settings, since I don't have it handy.

Out of curiosity:  what brand and model is your phone?

For the talk issue...since restarting fixes it, it sounds like it might be a phone issue.  But, you may want to reach out the Public Mobile Community Moderator Team and ask them to check the provisioning of your account in their system just to be sure and to rule that out.  To do so, here is all the info you will need:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.