cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No active LD add on

ladybearbc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So.....I am confused. For years with any other cell company, I call 800 numbers. Even when I had no long distance - there was never a problem. These are not long distance numbers. 

Today, a couple of days after I sign up with Public - I dial a number (844), which I have dialed through an infinite number of carriers - both land and cell - and get a message that I have no ling distance add on

I sure hope this is just a glitch?

14 REPLIES 14

ladybearbc

This mostly solved the problem. I still have some issues with contact numbers that are in my address book. There are times I have to manually dial the number to get it to go through. Those same numbers, I have tried re-entering them into my address book - but they still don't dial through.

ladybearbc

Just one minor problem with all those apps - they all want access to my contacts. I don't want to subject my friends and family to that, just in case there is a breach.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Also if you really need to, you can use apps that will let you make calls over wifi. TextNow is one, but there are a number of other options as well. 

GC 

GreatCanadian

@ladybearbc wrote:

It shouldn’t make any difference. However, I am on a Canada wide talk and text plan

That's right it shouldn't. But there was a user here some time back that couldn't contact 1800 numbers in other provinces when dialing from his home province on a province wide plan. I have no idea what the cause was at that time, or if it was rectified. If you were on provincial plan I was gonna see if I could find the old thread. Thankfully I don't have to 😂😂

Good luck and keep us posted  

GC 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ladybearbc wrote:

I appreciate the suggestion - however, with respect, I would like to wait and see what the moderator has to say before trying such a drastic step.

This is our only (and truly ONLY) phone. We do not have a landline or another method of communicating - I do not have the luxury of being without a phone if that step doesn’t work -  but makes things worse

@ladybearbc sure, you're welcome to wait of course.  In the meantime your services aren't working, but feel free to wait.  This workaround has worked for many people with similar symptoms.  It's up to you though.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ladybearbc

I appreciate the suggestion - however, with respect, I would like to wait and see what the moderator has to say before trying such a drastic step.

This is our only (and truly ONLY) phone. We do not have a landline or another method of communicating - I do not have the luxury of being without a phone if that step doesn’t work -  but makes things worse

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ladybearbc wrote:

No - there was no option to continue with the call - other than logging into my account and altering my account

i have contacted a moderator per your suggestion - thank you

@ladybearbc 

I know it sounds goofy but did you at least try the lost/stolen suggestion I gave earlier? There's even another goofy workaround but try this one first.

ladybearbc

No - there was no option to continue with the call - other than logging into my account and altering my account

i have contacted a moderator per your suggestion - thank you

ladybearbc

It shouldn’t make any difference. However, I am on a Canada wide talk and text plan

GreatCanadian

@ladybearbc are you on a Canada wide or province wide calling plan 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ladybearbc wrote:

Actually, the first 3 times I got the message that talk was not included in my plan. A couple of minutes later I tried again and got the ‘add on’ message noted above

i just tried calling another 800 number - (800) and got the same original message - no active LD add on

@ladybearbc 

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

@ladybearbc wrote:

Actually, the first 3 times I got the message that talk was not included in my plan. A couple of minutes later I tried again and got the ‘add on’ message noted above

i just tried calling another 800 number - (800) and got the same original message - no active LD add on

Can your call still be made after those messages? It will never cost you something because it's prepaid... If not you need to reach the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened they will help you. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

ladybearbc

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@ladybearbc wrote:

So.....I am confused. For years with any other cell company, I call 800 numbers. Even when I had no long distance - there was never a problem. These are not long distance numbers. 

Today, a couple of days after I sign up with Public - I dial a number (844), which I have dialed through an infinite number of carriers - both land and cell - and get a message that I have no ling distance add on

I sure hope this is just a glitch?

Strange..I never had issue with those 1800 numbers...did you try different number just to see...

Need Help? Let's chat.