cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Roaming in Europe - Can I do call forward to a French number ?

xavbg36
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'm currently in France for a few weeks.
Apparently PM doesn't offer Europe roaming wich is troublesome because I need to access my bank account, for which I need 2 steps verification, which - guess what- use my canadian phone #.
So since there is no roaming, I'm stuck, and can't access my banking account.

I'm wondering if there is some third party company that would be able to push all text/calls to my exisiting french number.

Thanks !

6 REPLIES 6

One more thing I can think of is maybe calling your bank customer support and see if they have any suggestions. Maybe you could set up with them that alternative verification that users VoIp over the phone and then you are fine.

If you are looking for a good VoIp provider I highly suggest both fongo and TextNow. 

Each have their advantage.

textNow gives free sms and free calls to both USA and Canada. So that one may suit you better.

Fongo gives free forwarding and emails the voicemail to you if you wish, so it's great answering system or companion to unlimited incoming if you don't want to kill your battery by listening to incoming calls. I'm not sure how that verification system works, you can receive texts for free by fongo so that may suit you too. Outgoing sms costs some

Yes it would be nice to be able to set forwarding from the self-serve, almost nobody has it actually. I think Freedomemobile may be the only one. 

Possibility to forward sms would also rule too. 

If you setup the call forwarding before leaving (all calls forwarded) you would have been able to receive the calls with you VoIp.

There are apps that will forward your sms BUT they have to be on, so you would have to leave your phone on and plugged back home. 

xavbg36
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well this is not fun.

I was thinking some kind of solution would let me forward all the text/calls to some kind of virtual VoIP virtual number that I could access through a connected app.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I'm curious if anybody try forwarding to ld numbers with ld Minutes on the account. Something worth asking moderators I guess.

Can you do verification using voice or does it have to be sms. 

@xavbg36 another thingy you may try if you have somebody you trust here in Canada, they could get new sim let you know the number and you can change your sin in self-serve. This way they could use the new sim to receive it while you are in video call with them

I would look into changing it to TextNow number or having alternative verification method that somebody else mentioned before on this forum.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@xavbg36 wrote:

Hi,

I'm currently in France for a few weeks.
Apparently PM doesn't offer Europe roaming wich is troublesome because I need to access my bank account, for which I need 2 steps verification, which - guess what- use my canadian phone #.
So since there is no roaming, I'm stuck, and can't access my banking account.

I'm wondering if there is some third party company that would be able to push all text/calls to my exisiting french number.

Thanks !

You're stuck if you have your PM SIM with you. If it's still in Canada then maybe you can make some arrangement with somebody you trust and set up one of those wifi apps and then call forward to it and then call forward that to your number there. A lot of effort to walk someone through all that remotely.

Just spit-balling.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@xavbg36 , unfortunately you are stuck.  Public Mobile does not offer call forwarding to be set in the self serve account.  This is a feature that I really like that was offered by my previous provider.  That said, I think Public Mobile only allows call forwarding to valid Canadian phone numbers.  

Need Help? Let's chat.