cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data

Simoneabolarind
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have 8.5 GB of data and Public Mobile tells me I went over my data but why did you not slow it down instead of leaving me without for 2 weeks. This is very frustrating. I left wind mobile to come to you and I have never been without data until now. I have to wait till next week to get data.

10 REPLIES 10

@helenhelen wrote:

Are you being charged any overage charges? If so, you can successfully file a complaint and have it reversed through the CRTC, due to the Wireless Code:
https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/codesimpl.htm

@helenhelen  PM is prepaid and there is no way to be charged overage here.  OP (and the rest of us) will only get to use what has already been paid for in our plans or add-ons. 

Simoneabolarind

They should look into that.

Simoneabolarind

Ok Thank you

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you being charged any overage charges? If so, you can successfully file a complaint and have it reversed through the CRTC, due to the Wireless Code:
https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/codesimpl.htm

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Simoneabolarind 

You should have receive two text messages to warn you about 75% and 95% data usage.

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right hand corner of this page. Moderator wait time is up to 2 days. If your next renewal date is 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.  Since you have 2 weeks to renewal, this option is foe you.
3. You can buy data add-ons $30 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

@CannonFodder 

I agree 199.9%

Turn data on only when you want to use it. I have a hard time using my 250mb🤓🤓

If that doesn’t work Google your phone type and find how to reduce data usage. Like APP updates on wifi only and restrict what apps can be used. 

Monitor what apps are using a lot of data and take steps to reduce. 

And lastly reset your data usage meter on your phone and do some self monitoring. 

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Simoneabolarind wrote:

I have 8.5 GB of data and Public Mobile tells me I went over my data but why did you not slow it down instead of leaving me without for 2 weeks. This is very frustrating. I left wind mobile to come to you and I have never been without data until now. I have to wait till next week to get data.

While I sympathize.... somewhat..... why are you taking the stance that it's up to your service provider to "babysit" your data usage habits?

That, and did PM actually tell you that you "went over" your data, rather than warning you at 75% usage, and then again at 95% usage, and when you got to the limit, simply cut you off?

If it was as mentioned above, your usage habits, after being warned, are up to you to babysit, and isn't PM's responsibility.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Simoneabolarind PM does not throttle data. The only warnings you will get are the 75 and 95% 611 text messages. The only options that you have now are to wait, buy the either the expensive $30 1 gig data addon, or the 250mb $10 one or to renew your plan early. Renewing your plan loses you the remaining time on your old cycle, and immediately charges you for the new one. Your new 30 day cycle starts upon renewal.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Simoneabolarind  At this point your options are:

1. Renew your current plan early by submitting a ticket to PM.

2. Do an immediate plan change by accessing your online selfserve account.

3. Purchase a data add-on.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

When you reach your limit..the data will stop. You received a couple of warnings you were about to limit out.

You can buy a data add-on for $30 / 1 GB.

Renew your plan early but you'll lose whatever balance talk/text/data you currently have.

Need Help? Let's chat.