cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data

Infinity669
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been on a $40, 5Gig data plan for a few months with no issue.  Data stopped working today and I logged into my account and it says "You currently don't have any add ons on your account" under my data.  Usually in this space it shows how muched used.  I'm on autopay and plan renews in a couple weeks but all data is gone.  It shows at the top of the page $40 for 30 days so that's right.  Any suggestions.

thanks

17 REPLIES 17

@srlawren wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

Hi all,

The following changes are being done on July 22:

Hi @Alan_K ,

Thank you for doing something; however, I'm pretty disappointed by this solution.  You know how well people read the fine print and messages in their self-serve accounts (hint: poorly, if at all).  I get that this is a very low effort content change for the PM team to make vs. develop/test effort to have it properly show the fully utilized data, and I get that PM is run on a shoe-string budget, and forgive me here, but this is a very lazy solution to this problem.  I'm happy you're doing something.  A for effort, but D-- at best for the execution.  

@srlawren  I agree with you, PM's one line insert doesn't really stand out, maybe even making it bold might have helped a bit.  Definitely a shoe-string budget solution:)   

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K wrote:

Hi all,

Hi @Alan_K ,

Thank you for doing something; however, I'm pretty disappointed by this solution.  You know how well people read the fine print and messages in their self-serve accounts (hint: poorly, if at all).  I get that this is a very low effort content change for the PM team to make vs. develop/test effort to have it properly show the fully utilized data, and I get that PM is run on a shoe-string budget, and forgive me here, but this is a very lazy solution to this problem.  I'm happy you're doing something.  A for effort, but D-- at best for the execution.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I firmly believe this place runs on bandaids and baling twine. They likely have little to no actual tech team running things. Let alone a budget to actually do things. So these little bandaid solutions are relatively easy to accomplish without any if's, and's and else's.

Then there are all the little "bugs" and functionings that often go to our benefit. If they don't then they have a small team to adjust things in accounting.

When it clicked in my slow brain that what shows are the countable features that are still valid - then it's simple to see it working the way it does. ie. not shown - not valid. ie. not purchased or all consumed.

leon119
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@will13am wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@srlawren This has been shared with our technical team; I try to nudge them everytime you tag me to see how frequent this issue can be. It's something that is being planned to be tackled in an upcoming release.

In the meantime I can try to submit something along the lines of @mimmo 's suggestion.

Thank you for the suggestion Smiley Happy

@Alan_K awesome!  Thank YOU!

Hi all,

bbbn.PNGbbbbn2.PNG

Stay tuned, 

Alan

@Alan_K, is there ever a case where a missing addon MAY NOT be missing due to the total usage of the addon?

As far as I know, if it's missing, it HAS been used.  If self-serve is malfunctioning as it commonly does during busy daylight hours, the entire add-on section doesn't even appear.

I would assume a customer having issues with account setup leading to no data and data all consumed leading to no more data usage can be distinguished by checking the usage log.  I am somewhat confused why adding a note can be implemented so simply while showing data as 100% consumed is not.  I am not a programmer, but I assume that prior to all the data being consumed, the information displayed is taken from the data counter and once data is used up, the data add-on is removed as a circuit breaker for ceasing the service.  Perhaps instead of throwing up the suggested note, a note box showing 1024/1024 MB for example would more intuitive.  The presentation would be consistent with the format when the data counter is in effect.  @Alan_K , am I making sense here?

I prefer this way, a note box showing 1024/1024 MB . The user will clearly know the data has been used up.

@stonechucker wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@srlawren This has been shared with our technical team; I try to nudge them everytime you tag me to see how frequent this issue can be. It's something that is being planned to be tackled in an upcoming release.

In the meantime I can try to submit something along the lines of @mimmo 's suggestion.

Hi all,

bbbn.PNGbbbbn2.PNG

Stay tuned, 

Alan

@Alan_K, is there ever a case where a missing addon MAY NOT be missing due to the total usage of the addon?

As far as I know, if it's missing, it HAS been used.  If self-serve is malfunctioning as it commonly does during busy daylight hours, the entire add-on section doesn't even appear.

I would assume a customer having issues with account setup leading to no data and data all consumed leading to no more data usage can be distinguished by checking the usage log.  I am somewhat confused why adding a note can be implemented so simply while showing data as 100% consumed is not.  I am not a programmer, but I assume that prior to all the data being consumed, the information displayed is taken from the data counter and once data is used up, the data add-on is removed as a circuit breaker for ceasing the service.  Perhaps instead of throwing up the suggested note, a note box showing 1024/1024 MB for example would more intuitive.  The presentation would be consistent with the format when the data counter is in effect.  @Alan_K , am I making sense here?

@Alan_K wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

Hi all,

bbbn.PNGbbbbn2.PNG

Stay tuned, 

Alan

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

Hi all,

Stay tuned, 

Alan

@Alan_K: That should do it. Nice. Might you also be able to add a line of text in the add-on purchasing area saying which countries the international add-on can call? You have all those lines about roaming add-ons. Maybe this could be added.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

Hi all,

bbbn.PNGbbbbn2.PNG

Stay tuned, 

Alan

@srlawren wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@srlawren  Just maybe all those times you've nagged (oops:) I mean tagged) Alan_K and suggested some changes is finally going to pay off! 🙂

srlawren

@Alan_K wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@Infinity669 wrote:

I've been on a $40, 5Gig data plan for a few months with no issue.  Data stopped working today and I logged into my account and it says "You currently don't have any add ons on your account" under my data.  Usually in this space it shows how muched used.  I'm on autopay and plan renews in a couple weeks but all data is gone.  It shows at the top of the page $40 for 30 days so that's right.  Any suggestions.

thanks

@Alan_K here's another example of your customer being confused by their data disappearing from the Overview page when used up, instead of showing that they have used X / X data (all of it).  Please change this!

I’ve been thinking how to do this, and the simple text @mimmo @suffers is brillant.  I understand the idea behind it just going away, but that’s how I think.  I’ve run out, I don’t have it anymore.

mimmo

@srlawren , @Alan_K ,

Maybe as simple as adding some text to the  addon  similar to:

If you have a data plan, limited calling plan, or long distance addons they are shown here.  If they are not listed below you have consumed the addon, and it is no loger available for use.

srlawren

@Infinity669 wrote:

thanks

@Alan_K here's another example of your customer being confused by their data disappearing from the Overview page when used up, instead of showing that they have used X / X data (all of it).  Please change this!

mimmo

Agreed that you have used up your data.  I would top up account with funds needed for renewal, and ask mods to do an early renewal. 

Or you could do an immediate plan change but you would not be able to get your existing plan  back  if it is no longer offered

Or you could go with out data for 2 weeks

Or you could buy a data addon 1gb for 30$

For most people options 1 and 2 are the most viable. 

Infinity669
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ok thanks for the quick reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Infinity669 wrote:

thanks

When line items disappear from that Data & Add-ons area of the overview page that means you've used them all.

Check your phone for OS updates or apps and their updates. Turn them off for data usage and only via wifi.

Need Help? Let's chat.