cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: No Data Service - Plan Had Run Out But Had Bought 1GB Add On

@will13am wrote:

I will share some interesting information that I learned about the online portal today.  I have an account that was restored to active status from a suspended state using the found phone feature a couple of days ago.

It seems the use of the Lost/Found is of some value, but might be ill-advised in many scenarios since it breaks things!

As a heads-up, one thing to monitor is the next auto-renewal... I think I've found a bug where you'll see the full Automatic Top-Up in the payment history, but some/all rewards may not get applied.  In my case I'm seeing the $2 AutoPay Reward not show up for the last several billing cycles after using the Lost/Found tool.  (Mods contacted, waiting, yada yada...)

Oracle

@popping wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am sadly, not even the oracles are immune to these renewal bugs eh?  Smiley Sad  Hope you hear back quickly, sir.

I have not seen any improvment promised in 2019 yet.

We are being trained at PM to wait... lol

We are only 8 days into this new year and we haven't had a maintenance service shutdown yet so I'm not sure how you're expecting any changes.  I'm hoping that later this month there's a maintenance shutdown in some issues get fixed

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I will share some interesting information that I learned about the online portal today.  I have an account that was restored to active status from a suspended state using the found phone feature a couple of days ago.

It seems the use of the Lost/Found is of some value, but might be ill-advised in many scenarios since it breaks things!

As a heads-up, one thing to monitor is the next auto-renewal... I think I've found a bug where you'll see the full Automatic Top-Up in the payment history, but some/all rewards may not get applied.  In my case I'm seeing the $2 AutoPay Reward not show up for the last several billing cycles after using the Lost/Found tool.  (Mods contacted, waiting, yada yada...)

When you play around with suspensions, the $2 auto pay and probably all other rewards are lost.  Only routine renewals get the rewards.  I can live with that.  I have a couple of accounts that I keep on hot standby for repeat visitors who are in need of cellular service for short periods of time.  The $10 plan and the 90 day suspension works perfectly for me.  Overall, it costs about $2.50 a month to hold the plan and the phone number during idle times.  I can reactivate a day or two in advance of the visitor arriving or to reset the 90 day deactivation clock.  One of the plans renewed like clockwork just by selecting found phone.  As soon as I logged out and logged in, the funds were automatically applied and account renewed and in active status.  The other account refused to play nice. I sensed there would be problems because I had to actually click the reactivate button whereas this was not needed on the other account.  Lost phone/found phone toggle did nothing.  Attempts to top up $1 was rebuffed.  The system did not want my money.  Anyway, this is my first ever interaction with the moderator team because of an account in disrepair leading to no service.  Just so everybody knows, I was not issued a red phone.  The call for help is via the moderator team private message just like everybody else. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Slightly off topic but you may benefit from switching to their current $40 promo, it works out to the same price you are paying now but with more data.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you to everyone who posted to help. I really appreciate it and sorry for the false alram.

Well, it turns out that indeed I burned through a gig in a few weeks. Actually more than a gig, as I still had a couple hundred mbs on the base. There is something fishy about this. I checked my app data usage, and it's not crazy,  Prior to this episode, I would have tons of data left over after my 90 period. I turned off a few minor data consumption settings, and will monitor closely. As I mentioned, something is out of whack. I've had this plan for years without issue of running out of data. And my habits have not changed.

PS: I was considering the 40 plan. I'm just concerned about losing LTE and dropping to 3G which is capped from what I undrestand. 

@KingCreole, it is Capped LTE at 3 GB speed.  So, still delivered on LTE, but not as fast, but better latency than actual 3G.

You can force connection to 3G if you wish to get maximum 3G possible speeds, but the latency may be longer than you wish.

I’ve been thinking about changing myself, but I keep changing my mind, and sticking with my Fall Promo on LTE.  Although the same price, I’m still able to get potentially higher LTE speeds, than what I’m current’y Getting in my daily usage.