cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No Data Service - Plan Had Run Out But Had Bought 1GB Add On

As the title says. 

Had a low data alert back in December. My plan rolls over Jan 25, so bought a 1GB add on. Was told that it would automatically kick in once the base plan ran out. 

Screenshots don't show my data minutes left like usual. Main summary doesn't show the 1GB add on, other pages do.Screenshot_20190108-085830.jpgScreenshot_20190108-085931.jpgScreenshot_20190108-090127.jpgScreenshot_20190108-090139.jpg

Mayor / Maire

Re: No Data Service - Plan Had Run Out But Had Bought 1GB Add On

@KingCreole wrote:

As the title says. 

Had a low data alert back in December. My plan rolls over Jan 25, so bought a 1GB add on. Was told that it would automatically kick in once the base plan ran out. 

Screenshots don't show my data minutes left like usual. Main summary doesn't show the 1GB add on, other pages do.

Maybe restart the phone.

Great with the screenshots.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, I had done so (restart). And also turned data off and on. Airplane mode off and on etc.

Mayor / Maire

@KingCreole wrote:

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, I had done so (restart). And also turned data off and on. Airplane mode off and on etc.

If you had done the 2 steps process to buy add-on, you should have $0 available fund in your account.  

You account may not be provisioned correctly. Try the lost/stolen phone trick to reprovision your account.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is about 48 - 72 hours. Good luck.

Mayor / Maire

Further to popping's usual excellent post...there's another trick to try before you wait for the mods. But let's see what happens with the lost/stolen.

Ok, thanks. I will try that and report back here. In screeshot 2, it shows I have bars (data), so very odd :-)

Mayor / Maire

@KingCreole wrote:

Once you have tried the lost / found cycle as mentioned by @popping, you might consider contacting the moderator team and asking for an early renewal. Usually more cost effective than multiple add-ons. Be aware that their reply time is in the 48 - 72 hours range.

You might also want to search for a data leak if this is not your normal pattern.

WiFi assist off, background data off whereevw it makes sense, don't allow updates over data, etc.

To the original poster, if you're not seeing the addon for data (the $30 addon) you've either purchased it and need to go back to 'add it again' as there are 2 steps.

If you already did the two steps, it's possible you've already consumed that 1 GB of data.  The addon would be removed as soon as you consume all the data.

That didn't work unfortunately. 

To the other poster regarding the 1gb running out, the addon on does show under Plan and Add Ons....I will try the suggestion to re-add it, see what happens. Thank you.

Mayor / Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

To the original poster, if you're not seeing the addon for data (the $30 addon) you've either purchased it and need to go back to 'add it again' as there are 2 steps.

If you already did the two steps, it's possible you've already consumed that 1 GB of data.  The addon would be removed as soon as you consume all the data.

From the second screen shot, he has $0 available fund which confirms that he did the second step. Also from the second screen shot showing that he purchased the data add-on.  I agree with you that OP had used the extra 1GB add-on data.