cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data - Despite having paid for it...

emloughl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I paid for a plan that shoud have 2GB of data. The phone and texting is working, but I still don't have data. 
I've previously had data working with this phone under this exact plan - my plan was temporarily suspended and then reactivated, and now the data doesn't work (so I know it's not some settings on my phone, but a problem with Public Mobile). 

Thanks 

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Excellent troubleshooting advice...please follow it as these are standard ways to kick start the data when it doesn't start on its own. If none of these work then you will have to submit a ticket via simon(?). The mods will then be able to start your data. You can ask them for a partial credit on your account for the loss of service.

@emloughl wrote:

My APN settings are exactly as indicated in your post (I've made no changes to my settings or phone and have had data working on this plan previously). 

@emloughl  What is the make and model of your phone? Do you have data enabled? Can you post a screenshot of your APN settings?

@emloughlIf you feel you need a moderator (perhaps after adding $1 to the account and it still doesnt' work).. click on the ? in the lower right hand corner, talk to SIMon for a bit and once he had enough information, type submit ticket.. he will create a support ticket to be forwarded to a moderator.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try the lost/stolen feature. Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone. You could potentially lose any rewards that have.  Also try adding a $1 payment. 

emloughl

My APN settings are exactly as indicated in your post (I've made no changes to my settings or phone and have had data working on this plan previously). 

@emloughl wrote:

Plan Details:

CURRENT PLAN
$52 per 30 Days
  • This plan includes:
  • 2GB at 4G LTE Speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

Usage:

Data & Data Add-Ons
 NameData Limit* (MB)Data Used** (MB)Remaining Data (MB)Status
1GB Promo102401024Active
2GB at 4G LTE Speed204802048Active

I appreciate the response! However, as I said in the original post, I haven't had data for this entire month. I wouldn't post here if I thought I just ran out... 

Okay, this is a legacy plan and no data has been used.  This is very likely due to APN settings problems assuming you have no issues connecting to the network and using talk and text. Please check your phone APN settings.  Refer to the following knowledge base link on setting up the APN. The APN settings are as follows. 

APN Settings:
Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

emloughl

Yes - I checked my APN settings and they reflect exactly what is recommended in this guide:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@emloughl Can you check on your APN setting?

emloughl

Plan Details:

CURRENT PLAN
$52 per 30 Days
  • This plan includes:
  • 2GB at 4G LTE Speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

Usage:

Data & Data Add-Ons
 NameData Limit* (MB)Data Used** (MB)Remaining Data (MB)Status
1GB Promo102401024Active
2GB at 4G LTE Speed204802048Active

I appreciate the response! However, as I said in the original post, I haven't had data for this entire month. I wouldn't post here if I thought I just ran out... 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@emloughl, I am not aware of any plan that has 2GB data.  Is this a very old legacy plan you are referring to?  In any event, go to your self serve account and check the data avaiability in the overview tab, add-on box.  If there is nothing showing there, it means all the data is used up. 

Need Help? Let's chat.