cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Can't Sign in to Network

eminemily
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My friend has a 90 day plan (12GB+3GB bonus data at 3G speed) but is not able to access his data. In his account, it says he has the plan that he has, but under "My Data and Addons"  it no longer tells him the amount of data that he has and how much he's used. Instead it says "400 min international long distance promo". There is a notification at the top of his phone that always says "Sign in to Public Mobile Network". He can sign in to his account, but when he tries to access "community", it asks for him to sign in again with his username, but won't accept it. When he clicked "forgot password" it said it was sending him an email but did not. So I've had to post this from my account to try to help him. Resized_Screenshot_20190416-191650_Chrome_1219.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@eminemily wrote:

@RobertQc Thank you so much! Very helpful! It's super confusing that Public Mobile Self Serve does not tell you that you've used up your data. I'm sure my friend was notified by text that he'd gone through his data, but ignored it or something. 

The texts are warnings. When it's finished there are no more warnings. Not having data is the implied "notice".

eminemily
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@RobertQc Thank you so much! Very helpful! It's super confusing that Public Mobile Self Serve does not tell you that you've used up your data. I'm sure my friend was notified by text that he'd gone through his data, but ignored it or something. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@eminemily As said above, all avaialble data (15GB) has been used up. If he wants more data, he can either renew early or purhcase a data add-on (1GB for $30) which will not expire until all used up.  

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@eminemily  "No longer says how much he has used" That's because he has no data left. It's all used up. Conventional thinking would suggest that the system display the data still showing 100% consumption. Unfortunately, the self serve is programmed to remove reference to data when it is all used up.

He is on the 90 day plan, which means he used the 15 gigs in roughly 78 days. He may want to try to control his data usage (in the future), purchase an add-on data (expensive at his usage), do an early renewal, or switch to a plan that takes care of his high data usage.

He can switch from 15gb (12+3) to 24gb (18+6) from $135 to $150. That is his best bet IMO and for the amount of time left and the cost of doing a data add-on, I would suggest he "change plan now" so he can start using that 24gb today at a future cost of $5 extra per month.

@eminemily wrote:

My friend has a 90 day plan (12GB+3GB bonus data at 3G speed) but is not able to access his data. In his account, it says he has the plan that he has, but under "My Data and Addons"  it no longer tells him the amount of data that he has and how much he's used. Instead it says "400 min international long distance promo". There is a notification at the top of his phone that always says "Sign in to Public Mobile Network". He can sign in to his account, but when he tries to access "community", it asks for him to sign in again with his username, but won't accept it. When he clicked "forgot password" it said it was sending him an email but did not. So I've had to post this from my account to try to help him. Resized_Screenshot_20190416-191650_Chrome_1219.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.