cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Call/ Text/ Data Service (after return from States) & PLAN PRICE CLARIFICATION

casschan515
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello PM Team,

I recently travelled to the States and got a 10-day add-on on February 9, 2018. I was in the States until February 12, 2018. Upon my return, my phone worked until February 17, 2018. Since February 17, I have been unable to connect to the Public Mobile network. I do not have any service on my phone. I have tried powering on and off. I have also tried taking out the SIM card, and putting it in again later. I have also messaged a moderator, who said they had reset my network and told me to restart my phone again, but still not service.

Last Add-On Purchased: $20 US Roaming // February 9, 2018

ALSO!

I don't think I understand my bill.

I have an automatic top-up of $134 from January 17. I also got a credit statement that says "3 choices with provincial talk" for $60. When I originally signed up for the plan, it was a special for $45/month. Currently, I am paying $67/month. 

Could you please help clarify this?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

casschan515

I reset the network settings and this remediated the problem. 

Settings --> General --> Reset --> Reset Network Settings

Thanks for the help everyone. 🙂

@casschan515wrote:

@NDesai: Thank you for the price clarification. I will look into that. Do you know of any other way to contact the @CS_Agent? I've tagged them in these posts, but have not had any response. I cannot private message them as the website will not allow me to (see previous post). 

No other way to contact mods. You can only send them a private message. That error is known and happens to a some users, but it gets fixed itself. Try sending a pm again. If you still can't send, you can search through this community and find a solution that might work. 

casschan515

Hi @Anonymous:

I tried this, but it does not help the overall problem of having no service (no connection to any carrier). I'm wondering if something is wrong with my SIM card? I bought it back in September, and it feels like a very short time to break so easily.

@NDesai: Thank you for the price clarification. I will look into that. Do you know of any other way to contact the @CS_Agent? I've tagged them in these posts, but have not had any response. I cannot private message them as the website will not allow me to (see previous post). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@casschan515, I don't know if you have already tried this... Clear your browser's cache, and run it in incognito/privacy mode, or try another browser.  It should clear the problem.

casschan515

I have tried on two separate occasions (once Thursday, and then today) to send a private message to the Moderator Team, but in each case a message popped up saying I had reached my limit of sending private messages and that I should try again later. 

This is all very frustrating, since I have not been able to contact the @CS_Agent directly, and have not had service for a full week now. 😞 

Is there any other way resolve my issue? I've paid the 90-day plan on January 17th, but I've technically only had a working phone for the first month. 

pm_account_feb22.png

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@casschan515 Send a private message again to the Moderator_Team with your account info and explained that your services are still not working. 

As for the payment charges, it is hard to tell without looking at the transaction history. It is confusing to understand so always follow your credit card transaction to see how much you were charged. The $60 you mentioned seems to be a credit or discount given to bring the total price down to your plan price. To better understand the transaction history, give this post a read: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Mobile-Website-Changes/m-p/18323...

Need Help? Let's chat.