cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Bars and Texts Not Sending

Dawn2583
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've had Public Mobile for over a month now, and I've never had any problems till now. What's happened for the last few days is that I don't have any bars, calls I try to make say "Call failed", and any messages I try to send also say failed. I've tried everything I can think of, and nothing's working. I need to fix this problem, because I have to be in contact with several coworkers throughout the work day, so messages and calls failing is not an option. I suspect the problems might be rooted in my having no bars, but I'm  not sure. I also don't know why I have no bars, as I had bars before this, both at work and at home.

8 REPLIES 8

@Dawn2583 wrote:

I've resolved it. Turns out I just needed to turn it off and back on again...the age-old solution. I wonder if you can hear me face-palm.

Well I'm so relieved it's done and you don't have issue with your new phone. 

Best luck 🙂

Dawn2583

I've resolved it. Turns out I just needed to turn it off and back on again...the age-old solution. I wonder if you can hear me face-palm.

The memory should be unaffected unless it's Samsung, apparently they do that for the sim change (without even warning you BTW) safest thing would be to do it in Koodo/Telus store I guess. Did the phone do any upgrades?

Did you drop the phone maybe? Did antenna get detached or is losing contract someplace?

It's so strange.

Can you contact the person who sold it and ask them if they had to repair it? (My Nexus 5 needed new power button soldered after about one month use, also good condition 2nd hand, after I took it for repair it lasted one week, they redid it and it lasted another month. I didn't want to pay for it anymore so I had to switch power and volume button which is done at start up, which means I have hard time turning it on, so I had to force startup when I plug it in. It's possible that the phone may have old issues)

Dawn2583

I have an iPhone 6. I bought it used, but with a brand new battery already in. It's been great up untill the past few days. As for trying it in another phone, I haven't done that yet, but I'm not sure how easy that would be; Is it a simple switch? Or, would it erase either my memory or the meory of the person whose phone I borrow?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Did you change phone?

If you can borrow phone that is confirmed working on Telus network you could rule out hardware problem. If you don't have access to one try to locate Koodo or Telus store they could have loaners for testing.

When you login to your self-serve what is your status?

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Dawn2583 wrote:

I've had Public Mobile for over a month now, and I've never had any problems till now. What's happened for the last few days is that I don't have any bars, calls I try to make say "Call failed", and any messages I try to send also say failed. I've tried everything I can think of, and nothing's working. I need to fix this problem, because I have to be in contact with several coworkers throughout the work day, so messages and calls failing is not an option. I suspect the problems might be rooted in my having no bars, but I'm  not sure. I also don't know why I have no bars, as I had bars before this, both at work and at home.

No bars means that you aren't connected to the network or Public Mobiel is refusing it.  It could be a network or account problem.  Did you buy this phone new? Can you check the IMEI at devicecheck.ca?

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

I agree with @ChuckYeah. Sounds like your phone is having a hardware failure and might need to be replaced.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

This could definately be a phone hardware issue. Can you try your sim in another phone to verify this? Anything unlocked, Telus or Koodo will work.

What phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.