cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wildstreak73
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No Amber Alert

Thank God that we don't get them! There is an active Amber Alert and I never got it! Are we exempt from them?

Accepted Solutions

Re: No Amber Alert

@wildstreak73 wrote:

Thank God that we don't get them! There is an active Amber Alert and I never got it! Are we exempt from them?

No one in the country is exempt from them.  And yes, they come through to Public Mobile customers, but only if you're connected to the LTE network.

View solution in original post

All Replies

@wildstreak73 wrote:

No one in the country is exempt from them.  And yes, they come through to Public Mobile customers, but only if you're connected to the LTE network.

View solution in original post

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@wildstreak73 wrote:

Affected "Amber's" will be delighted with your keen interest in their plight.

/s

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Which phone you use?i got 2 times today,I have iPhone6s,my daughter has LG,she didn’t get any amber alert.

wildstreak73

No, I am not on LTE. I am on 3G but only getting 2.5mb.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@wildstreak73 wrote:

I got them (twice). Not an issue for me and I don't mind them.

wildstreak73

I have an LG.

wildstreak73

I hear them before the phones do. I stream a police scanner on the Internet. I heear the OPP alert tone first.

@wildstreak73 wrote:

No, I am not on LTE. I am on 3G but only getting 2.5mb.

It's not about network or data plan speeds.  The only thing that matters is the type of network that you are connected to.  If you have a 3g data plan here but are connected to the LTE network, you will/should receive the alerts.  If you have your phone permanently set to use only the 3g network, you will not recvieve these alerts.

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Actually I just got the alert couple minutes ago and I only connected to the Wi-Fi and I still able to receive the alert. So I don't think you only have to turn your data on in order to receive the alert... 

Need Help? Let's chat.