cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New targeted offer for some current clients!

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Just received this new offer by text, I have until April 29th to accept it (by replying "*****" to the text?) if I want it... Anybody else got it?

$35/month for unlimited talk+text, and 2.5+0.5 autopay = 3gb data.

Seems like a legit text, as it knows my renewal date, and I already received a text from PM from that number last July...

148 REPLIES 148

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gblackma wrote:

@Nanqui , @Someone_here are both of you located in Quebec? Thanks. 

I think That this would be a better lineup  the current $15 plan, drops to $10, the current $25 plan drops to $20 and the $35 drops to $30 with 2 gig + 500 megs if on autopay. The $40  and $50 plan stays the same. You would probably find that the revenue stream based on current usage may increase. I would venture that more than 1/2 of the users in each bracket will switch up rather than down for $5 more.

@gblackma I would like to see something like this happen

@BearFBI 

Keep mentioning the need for this plan to be a permanent fixture in various threads (when appropriate) and once @will13am sends you a GIF apparently your wish will be granted (partially).

@fdrcamb519  ditto In regards to @Anonymous comment its presumed that you would have read the entire thread and by doing such you would have come upon the post by the moderator setting out the conditions that need to be met to recieve this offer. Although all of us have missed a post in a thread or misread or misunderstood a post its important especially in the interests of serving another customer well that you pay attention so you don't repeat the same information or questions asked.  Dont you find it annoying when you read thru a thread and there's 10 or 12 posts saying exactly the same thing? Theres no need for it....

@Nanqui , @Someone_here are both of you located in Quebec? Thanks. 

I think That this would be a better lineup  the current $15 plan, drops to $10, the current $25 plan drops to $20 and the $35 drops to $30 with 2 gig + 500 megs if on autopay. The $40  and $50 plan stays the same. You would probably find that the revenue stream based on current usage may increase. I would venture that more than 1/2 of the users in each bracket will switch up rather than down for $5 more.

@will13am 

You mentioned before that I buy into the marketing shtick of "Were for you". It's not so much that....but I'm holding them to task for their campaign....their words. Part of that means you offer your customers what they want for a fair price. Generally they fulfill those wants/needs. One could say well then everybody would just want to not pay....well pm has given all of its customers that opportunity. Percentage wise that is very few customers but for those of us determined enough to achieve it....its very possible.

Getting this plan or something similar to be a permanent feature will be interesting to try and accomplish but as always keeping it as a topic of conversation and of interest must have some influence on the powers that be....so I'll keep squawking and  I'll let you prepare the silver platter. Lol!

fdrcamb519

z10user4 Mayor / Maire

i dont understand what you mean with this reply?????? makes no sense!!!!

@fdrcamb519, really? it's only 23 days since you been a member:

Member SinceTotal Messages PostedTotal Bravos Received
March 31, 2020135276

Patience is a virtue!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fdrcamb519 

And if you think you might want to be a regular participant here then you'll want to be up on the details of things. Just sayin'. 🙂

BearFBI

@fdrcamb519 You have to have been with Public Mobile for 45 days. And you have to be on the 25$ plan to be eligible. 

fdrcamb519

Ive been a member since Mar31/20 no offer for me, wonder why?????

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

I think this pure genius by the marketing team. At a time when many people are downgrading (Maybe the stats show a whole whack of people downgraded to the $25 plan in the last 6 weeks due to the COVID-19 isolation at home.) Public mobile comes out with a plan that many people have been asking for because they dont need 5gb of data. They may not need 3gb of data at the moment either but since it sounds like its only going to be a limited time offer it lights a fire under the seat of customers pants to grab it while you can whilst being filled with regret later....it also keeps customers on the plan as it will be grandfathered in.....

A good offer for anyone looking for the mid range data plan who wants to save the extra $5 off the 5gb $40 plan because they dont need all 5gb. I'm looking for a 2gb plan because 3gb is still too much....and it looks like @will13am is holding out for a slightly better offer.

* Bravo public mobile marketing team....on offering a sought after plan at the right time to enable pm to increase revenue when revenues were trending down......brilliance!

I am not holding out for anything here.  I am on the legacy 12GB/90 day full LTE speed plan.  You know my feelings about slow data.  They would have to rip it from my cold dead hands.  My additional data needs are satisfied at a much better price than $10/2GB.  I am good for while.

For the betterment of the brand, I have always wanted to see a 2-3 GB plan offering to fill in an obvious gap.  This targeted deal is not nearly the same as an everyday low price plan that every customer can have access to.  I suppose it is a start.  Your job is not done until you successfully advocate for a real 2-3 GB plan offering.  Keep at it.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@loves_tweet wrote:

I received it too, I wonder if if were to downgrade to the $15 plan today and then accept the offer....would I still get it?

But what would that do? It's a 3GB for $35 plan. The way I interpret it is that you have to be on the $25 plan.

loves_tweet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received it too, I wonder if if were to downgrade to the $15 plan today and then accept the offer....would I still get it?

Julia_T

Hi @Mimi1201 Julia from Public here. I can confirm this is a legit offer! If you received the SMS, then you qualify for the rate plan offered 🙂

RM4

Yes I received it. 

BearFBI

@Naepalm Same here. I wish I had a plan like that. With 3GB of data that would be perfect. It only seems like a limited offer 😞 I hope they accept a second wave of people or maybe it could make it to the front page So no new people feel left out on it.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Naepalm wrote:

@CS_Agent 

wow, this is very good that the mods came in to make sure that this wasn't just some random text. Thank you for stepping in and making this clear for us. An announcement would be awesome if that came down the pipe! 🙂

The difficulty about making an annoucement to everyone would be with this being a targetted offer. 

Ah ok. Trying to figure out how people wouldn't ignore it thinking it was scammy. Also too bad I have only been on Public for 15 days 😞 

@computergeek541 

I think this pure genius by the marketing team. At a time when many people are downgrading (Maybe the stats show a whole whack of people downgraded to the $25 plan in the last 6 weeks due to the COVID-19 isolation at home.) Public mobile comes out with a plan that many people have been asking for because they dont need 5gb of data. They may not need 3gb of data at the moment either but since it sounds like its only going to be a limited time offer it lights a fire under the seat of customers pants to grab it while you can whilst being filled with regret later....it also keeps customers on the plan as it will be grandfathered in.....

A good offer for anyone looking for the mid range data plan who wants to save the extra $5 off the 5gb $40 plan because they dont need all 5gb. I'm looking for a 2gb plan because 3gb is still too much....and it looks like @will13am is holding out for a slightly better offer.

* Bravo public mobile marketing team....on offering a sought after plan at the right time to enable pm to increase revenue when revenues were trending down......brilliance!

@Naepalm wrote:

@CS_Agent 

wow, this is very good that the mods came in to make sure that this wasn't just some random text. Thank you for stepping in and making this clear for us. An announcement would be awesome if that came down the pipe! 🙂

The difficulty about making an annoucement to everyone would be with this being a targetted offer. 

@CS_Agent 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

Andu, thanks for confirming this offer.

Some feedback:

Currently, I feel that most customers are trying to save money, rather than spend more. I'm unsure how spending more will benefit most consumers, especially when most people are at home. When at home, customers are likely to use a lot less mobile data. 

YES10. Unlimited provincial talk, unlimited texting. 10 bucks. Sign me up. 🙂

Interesting that the big guns didn't say anything or that there is no other official announcement about this. Just some obscure text out of the blue.

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello @fibi200329 !

In regards of redeeming the 35$ plan with 3 GB of data, you must return to the 25$ plan with 1 GB of data!

Once you are under the 25$ plan with 1 GB of data, you will get a text message telling you that you have the choice to accept and upgrade to the 35$ plan with 3 GB of data on the next renewal date between May 1st and 30th 2020.

As other eligibility criteria you must be with Public Mobile for at least 45 days, the account must be active(no suspended status) and you must be registered for automatic top ups.

Also, as conditions you will need to reply to the text messages with YES35 and you have until April 29th 2020 at 11:59 PM to reply YES35 to redeem the offer.

Thank you! 🙂

Andu

Andu, thanks for confirming this offer.

Some feedback:

Currently, I feel that most customers are trying to save money, rather than spend more. I'm unsure how spending more will benefit most consumers, especially when most people are at home. When at home, customers are likely to use a lot less mobile data. 

BearFBI

@darlicious sorry let me reword that. I'm almost passing my 30 days. My renewal is on the 25th. I hope they offer a second wave of users or at least put it on the front page as a permanent plan as I have a few family members interested in this too.

@BearFBI 

When is your renewal...will that be 60 days? And is it before may 29th?

@CS_Agent 

Thanks for clarifying this promo Andy!

*ninja'd by a mod....thats a first!

BearFBI

@darlicious The offer is only available for people that have been with public mobile longer than 45 days I have only been with them for 30 so It dosent apply to me. It seems only like a one time offer 😞 I wish I joined earlier. I hope they accept another wave of users.

@BearFBI 

This text offer seems to be across the board for anyone with the $25 plan. I just checked the bf's phone and he got the text too...i downgraded him from the $40 plan last month. Im wondering why you havent recieved this offer. If you dont hear from others saying they didnt recieve it i would consider messaging the moderators tomorrow to sed if you can recieve the text too.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @fibi200329 !

In regards of redeeming the 35$ plan with 3 GB of data, you must return to the 25$ plan with 1 GB of data!

Once you are under the 25$ plan with 1 GB of data, you will get a text message telling you that you have the choice to accept and upgrade to the 35$ plan with 3 GB of data on the next renewal date between May 1st and 30th 2020.

As other eligibility criteria you must be with Public Mobile for at least 45 days, the account must be active(no suspended status) and you must be registered for automatic top ups.

Also, as conditions you will need to reply to the text messages with YES35 and you have until April 29th 2020 at 11:59 PM to reply YES35 to redeem the offer.

Thank you! 🙂

Andu

BearFBI

@Mimi1201 It is official. A few people from PM have got it. If it isn't whats the worst thing that cold happen by replying YES35. I think It takes you to your self serve account anyways.

Mimi1201
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just wish someone from PM can confirm that these are legit promo and that we can make the changes from sending in a text message. So far, I think it`s a great plan for anyone who needs extra data. Hopefully, PM also puts in reduced speeds after using all data, which would make PM clearly even better carrier for everyone.

BearFBI

@will13am wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

I couldn't quite remember if it included the 500mb autopay bonus or not. Thanks for the clarification and the extra details on how to take advantage of the offer....but if you have it how did you not remember it was a targeted text offer?

. The offer could very well be legitimate, but this would be the first time I've ever heard of Public Mobile allowing changes to be made to an account by having someone reply to a text message.

@will13am   And to think I resisted the urge to post a snappy comeback last night! My powers of influence to get what I want out of public mobile are vastly underestimated....lol. If you wish really really hard for something sometimes you get it! Now if I can get it offered to everybody maybe I should be looking in my mailbox for paycheque from pm.

@Mimi1201  I think the reference to the offer including the autopay bonus refers to the 500mb data bonus....its included in the 3gb ( vs it being 3.5gb.)

How about waving the magic wand one more time and getting me $30/3GB.  If that happens, I am a buyer.  For now, I have to be content with paying less and for more GBs on SIM 2.  I would consolidate at the right terms.  Not to rain on your parade, you did good.  Give yourself a pat on the back.  Virtue is its own punishment.  Now go and make my wish come true and give this targeted plan a place in the regular plan web page.  

That would be amazing @darlicious Do your magic. Mabey on bringing back the plan builder for data only plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.