cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New targeted offer for some current clients!

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Just received this new offer by text, I have until April 29th to accept it (by replying "*****" to the text?) if I want it... Anybody else got it?

$35/month for unlimited talk+text, and 2.5+0.5 autopay = 3gb data.

Seems like a legit text, as it knows my renewal date, and I already received a text from PM from that number last July...

148 REPLIES 148

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

I couldn't quite remember if it included the 500mb autopay bonus or not. Thanks for the clarification and the extra details on how to take advantage of the offer....but if you have it how did you not remember it was a targeted text offer?

. The offer could very well be legitimate, but this would be the first time I've ever heard of Public Mobile allowing changes to be made to an account by having someone reply to a text message.

That $60 plan offers was advertised as including a 500MB autopay bonus, but it wasn't supposed to, based on the information that I have. When people took advantage of the offer, the 500MB wasn't there.  Public Mobile made the correction and included it later on based on customer feedback (and complaints).

Back on topic, I don't think that Public Mobile has ever made it so that a customer would get a promotion/new plan based on replying to a text message.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

I couldn't quite remember if it included the 500mb autopay bonus or not. Thanks for the clarification and the extra details on how to take advantage of the offer....but if you have it how did you not remember it was a targeted text offer?

. The offer could very well be legitimate, but this would be the first time I've ever heard of Public Mobile allowing changes to be made to an account by having someone reply to a text message.

@will13am   And to think I resisted the urge to post a snappy comeback last night! My powers of influence to get what I want out of public mobile are vastly underestimated....lol. If you wish really really hard for something sometimes you get it! Now if I can get it offered to everybody maybe I should be looking in my mailbox for paycheque from pm.

@Mimi1201  I think the reference to the offer including the autopay bonus refers to the 500mb data bonus....its included in the 3gb ( vs it being 3.5gb.)

How about waving the magic wand one more time and getting me $30/3GB.  If that happens, I am a buyer.  For now, I have to be content with paying less and for more GBs on SIM 2.  I would consolidate at the right terms.  Not to rain on your parade, you did good.  Give yourself a pat on the back.  Virtue is its own punishment.  Now go and make my wish come true and give this targeted plan a place in the regular plan web page.  

@computergeek541 

@will13am   And to think I resisted the urge to post a snappy comeback last night! My powers of influence to get what I want out of public mobile are vastly underestimated....lol. If you wish really really hard for something sometimes you get it! Now if I can get it offered to everybody maybe I should be looking in my mailbox for paycheque from pm.

@Mimi1201  I think the reference to the offer including the autopay bonus refers to the 500mb data bonus....its included in the 3gb ( vs it being 3.5gb.)

PlanShopper
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@BearFBI wrote:

@Mimi1201 wrote:

I'm actually a bit confused and was hoping if someone can clear something up for me. I have gotten the text:

"3GB incl. AutoPay bonus + unlim. talk & text for $35+tax/mo."
I'm confused about the autopay bonus part here.

Does this mean the autopay reward is already included in the 35$ price or will it be $33 with the inclusion of autopay reward? Can someone help me understand this?
thanks in advance! 🙂

@Mimi1201 The autopay on top of the 35$ Plan makes it 33$ I am pretty sure it is the same as the 35$ Plan at the moment but with more data

I thought the same, but I believe the Autopay Bonus refers to the extra 500mb of data offered on all other plans, which is why it is refrerred to in the same subject as the 3GB of data.  So, to me they're just clarifying that it's not 3GB +500MB, it's 3GB total.  I would assume the Autopay discount would still apply.  If not, it makes this plan even less appealing as it's $12 for 2GB.

3GB including Autopay Bonus = 2.5GB + 500MB Autopay Bonus

If it was worded as "$35 including autopay bonus", which would mean that they add $10 to your plan, and remove your autopay bonus for 2GB of data.

@BearFBI wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@PlanShopper wrote:

@BearFBI 

How is this offer any different than that one time offer?  Looks like not everyone got it and it's not offered publicly.  That puts it in the same position.

There are lots of ways to get better plans.  Bring 4 phones to RBC with a business account and you're getting 10GB on each phone for $45 a month with Telus.  Or, I can get a promo plan through my work right now for $63 for 20GB.

I'm not trying to say that this offer is garbage, I'm just saying it's not "great".  The 3 offers I mentioned above, are "great" offers.  

I tend to agree.  $10 for 2 extra GBs is not that cheap.  The $25 plan is pretty good value.  Paying $10 more sort of waters down the value.  One must be mindful that an extra $5 will get 2GB more ($40/5GB plan).   

@will13am I do understand this but I have 7$ worth of rewards at the moment. I am planning to refer a few family members soon too. Trying to get 10$ of rewards credit is easier than trying to get 15$ If I can get 10$ of reward credit I would be paying 25$ for the 35$ plan. Also even if the 35$ plan is popular or not I still think it should be upgraded.

Don't get me wrong, for many who have been hungry for a 3GB plan, this would do it.  I am just saying from an overall value perspective, it is not the panacea.  

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mimi1201 wrote:

I'm actually a bit confused and was hoping if someone can clear something up for me. I have gotten the text:

Does this mean the autopay reward is already included in the 35$ price or will it be $33 with the inclusion of autopay reward? Can someone help me understand this?
thanks in advance! 🙂

@Mimi1201 The autopay on top of the 35$ Plan makes it 33$ I am pretty sure it is the same as the 35$ Plan at the moment but with more data

Mimi1201
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanks in advance! 🙂

BearFBI

@fibi200329 wrote:

I received the text for 2GB for $10 and am currently on the $15 plan. However, I'm hesitant to accept the offer because the reply is YES35 which in my head seems like a $35 plan? Wonder if anyone else with a $15 plan received this offer or can clarify...

@fibi200329That is the 35$ plan. If you have to reply YES35 to it then it sounds like the 35$ plan.

fibi200329
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received the text for 2GB for $10 and am currently on the $15 plan. However, I'm hesitant to accept the offer because the reply is YES35 which in my head seems like a $35 plan? Wonder if anyone else with a $15 plan received this offer or can clarify...

BearFBI

@will13am wrote:

@PlanShopper wrote:

@BearFBI 

How is this offer any different than that one time offer?  Looks like not everyone got it and it's not offered publicly.  That puts it in the same position.

There are lots of ways to get better plans.  Bring 4 phones to RBC with a business account and you're getting 10GB on each phone for $45 a month with Telus.  Or, I can get a promo plan through my work right now for $63 for 20GB.

I'm not trying to say that this offer is garbage, I'm just saying it's not "great".  The 3 offers I mentioned above, are "great" offers.  

I tend to agree.  $10 for 2 extra GBs is not that cheap.  The $25 plan is pretty good value.  Paying $10 more sort of waters down the value.  One must be mindful that an extra $5 will get 2GB more ($40/5GB plan).   

@will13am I do understand this but I have 7$ worth of rewards at the moment. I am planning to refer a few family members soon too. Trying to get 10$ of rewards credit is easier than trying to get 15$ If I can get 10$ of reward credit I would be paying 25$ for the 35$ plan. Also even if the 35$ plan is popular or not I still think it should be upgraded.

@PlanShopper wrote:

@BearFBI 

@PlanShopper wrote:

@BearFBI 

@BearFBI wrote:

@PlanShopper wrote:

@BearFBI 

Koodo offered clients 10GB for $14 as an add on, so people are paying something like $36 for 14GB or something ridiculous.  THAT'S an offer I;d jump all over, but this...1.5GB for $10...meh.

@PlanShopper I am looking at an article here about it.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/12/14/koodo-customers-add-on-bonus-10gb-15/

It is only a one time addon and it was offered to select customers from Public Mobile. It is not a plan and you cant get the addon again.

@PlanShopper 

From what I understand, I think this is the difference:

Koodo: you could get a one-time add-on of 10GB. You get 10GB of non expiring data, but it doesn't get replenished every month.

Current PM offer: its only available for those who get it, but they get 3GB data (that expires at the end of the month) per month, every month, as part of their plan (not an add-on).

@Someone_here wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Public mobile offered 10gb and 12gb data plans by offering a 2gb data bonus to certain targeted customers via text offer....all you had to do was respond yes by a certain date.

@darlicious I am on that plan from October. It was actually 12.5GB. Replying to that text message did not secure the offer. The offer required the customer to log into self serve and then initiate a plan change while entering a promo code.

@computergeek541, so from 8 to 12.5... for how much more?

Thanks for your imput about how this offer works 🙂

The offer for 12.5GB from October was a $60/30 day plan.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Public mobile offered 10gb and 12gb data plans by offering a 2gb data bonus to certain targeted customers via text offer....all you had to do was respond yes by a certain date.

@darlicious I am on that plan from October. It was actually 12.5GB. Replying to that text message did not secure the offer. The offer required the customer to log into self serve and then initiate a plan change while entering a promo code.

@computergeek541, so from 8 to 12.5... for how much more?

Thanks for your imput about how this offer works 🙂

BearFBI

All of these offers are making me sad 😞 I wanted a plan like this for a long time. I hope this makes it to the front page. I'm curios Is there anyone interested in switching to it? from your 25$ Plan

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I received the promotional offer around lunch time. I have been a customer since May 2019 and am on the $25 plan.

PlanShopper

@BearFBI 

@darlicious wrote:

@Someone_here 

A targeted offer....those don't come around very often. I think that's another market test to see if there's enough interest to warrant that plan as a permanent offering. If they can convince enough users to upgrade to it from the $15 and $25 plans. This is exciting news as I've been pushing for a mid range data plan.

@will13am  No groveling necessary.....until this lands on the plans page. Have I been beating dead horse?

Have you taken a new job with the Public Mobile marketing team?  

@darlicious wrote:

BearFBI

@PlanShopper wrote:

@BearFBI 

Koodo offered clients 10GB for $14 as an add on, so people are paying something like $36 for 14GB or something ridiculous.  THAT'S an offer I;d jump all over, but this...1.5GB for $10...meh.

@PlanShopper I am looking at an article here about it.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/12/14/koodo-customers-add-on-bonus-10gb-15/

It is only a one time addon and it was offered to select customers from Public Mobile. It is not a plan and you cant get the addon again. I doubt anyone would do this again. if you want a 15GB plan you are paying 85$ A month. If you want to pay that then leave PM and go with Bell and Rogers so they can rob your money and iliegaly not follow CRTC code and get away with it.

PlanShopper

@BearFBI 

@starcrush  All current plans come with unlimited international SMS/MMS.

@PlanShopper   Sorry to hear that you plan on leaving public mobile. This may not be an offer that suits you but There are many customers here that don't need 5gb of data but would prefer to have more than 1gb. This is a nice happy medium and a plan that has been lobbied for.....a very long time.

@starcrush wrote:

I got the offer YES35 as well today. Wondering if this includes Unlim Int'l and picture text. The text comes from "5179". I hope this is legit.

@starcrush 

This promo plan should include unlimited international and picture texting.  All the present PM plans include unlimited texts.  

BearFBI

@PlanShopper wrote:

I got the offer as well, but not interested - desperately trying to find a decent offer to move away from PM (knowing it'll cost me extra).  For $5 more than that, you can get another 1.5GB so, 3.5GB extra for $15.  I guess if you wanted more data, $10 is reasonable for this, but not that interesting of an offer.  Other companies offer promos for $15/10GB of LTE data.

Pass.  If someone wanted it, try sending YES35 to SMS 5179 (that's the # it came from)

@PlanShopper Still that extra 5$ could be put to something else extra. who offers 10GB of data for 15$ Do you mean 150$ dollars. Im sorry but PM offers the best prices. No one can beat PM. Other than its direct competitors Chatr and Lucky but if they would do it PM would do it also. Also PM has the autopay and rewards bonus

@joedf 

It should be as long as you don't change it. Even If they never offer it to the base of pm customers they will grandfather you in.

@computergeek541 

PlanShopper

I got the offer as well, but not interested - desperately trying to find a decent offer to move away from PM (knowing it'll cost me extra).  For $5 more than that, you can get another 1.5GB so, 3.5GB extra for $15.  I guess if you wanted more data, $10 is reasonable for this, but not that interesting of an offer.  Other companies offer promos for $15/10GB of LTE data.

Pass.  If someone wanted it, try sending YES35 to SMS 5179 (that's the # it came from)

starcrush
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got the offer YES35 as well today. Wondering if this includes Unlim Int'l and picture text. The text comes from "5179". I hope this is legit.

@joedf wrote:

I've received a similar text also.

Once accepted, is this plan forever to keep?

I this even a real plan/offer? I didn't click or do anything as I am suspicious of foul play here...

Plans are always "forever" to keep (until proven differently by a 30 days notice, but that is (almost never) not the way PM does it), until you change it yourself to something else.

BearFBI

@joedf wrote:

@joedf Once you reply YES you are grandfathered into the plan. Its your to keep. If you switch plans in the future you will loose it because it is not currently offered on the front page. A 35$ plan like that is a steal I hope PM understands this and decides to put it on their front page. But I guess PM dosent want my money.

joedf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I this even a real plan/offer? I didn't click or do anything as I am suspicious of foul play here...

Need Help? Let's chat.