cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Re: New offer for current clients!


@darlicious wrote:

 

Public mobile offered 10gb and 12gb data plans by offering a 2gb data bonus to certain targeted customers via text offer....all you had to do was respond yes by a certain date.


@darlicious I am on that plan from October. It was actually 12.5GB. Replying to that text message did not secure the offer. The offer required the customer to log into self serve and then initiate a plan change while entering a promo code.

will13am
Oracle

Re: New offer for current clients!


@darlicious wrote:

@Someone_here 

A targeted offer....those don't come around very often. I think that's another market test to see if there's enough interest to warrant that plan as a permanent offering. If they can convince enough users to upgrade to it from the $15 and $25 plans. This is exciting news as I've been pushing for a mid range data plan.

 

@will13am  No groveling necessary.....until this lands on the plans page. Have I been beating dead horse?


Have you taken a new job with the Public Mobile marketing team?  

PlanShopper
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: New offer for current clients!

@BearFBI 

 

How is this offer any different than that one time offer?  Looks like not everyone got it and it's not offered publicly.  That puts it in the same position.

There are lots of ways to get better plans.  Bring 4 phones to RBC with a business account and you're getting 10GB on each phone for $45 a month with Telus.  Or, I can get a promo plan through my work right now for $63 for 20GB.

I'm not trying to say that this offer is garbage, I'm just saying it's not "great".  The 3 offers I mentioned above, are "great" offers.  

mitchnet12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: New targeted offer for some current clients!

I received the promotional offer around lunch time. I have been a customer since May 2019 and am on the $25 plan.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: New targeted offer for some current clients!

All of these offers are making me sad 😞 I wanted a plan like this for a long time. I hope this makes it to the front page. I'm curios Is there anyone interested in switching to it? from your 25$ Plan

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Re: New offer for current clients!


@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

 

Public mobile offered 10gb and 12gb data plans by offering a 2gb data bonus to certain targeted customers via text offer....all you had to do was respond yes by a certain date.


@darlicious I am on that plan from October. It was actually 12.5GB. Replying to that text message did not secure the offer. The offer required the customer to log into self serve and then initiate a plan change while entering a promo code.


@computergeek541, so from 8 to 12.5... for how much more?

 

Thanks for your imput about how this offer works 🙂

Re: New offer for current clients!


@Someone_here wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

 

Public mobile offered 10gb and 12gb data plans by offering a 2gb data bonus to certain targeted customers via text offer....all you had to do was respond yes by a certain date.


@darlicious I am on that plan from October. It was actually 12.5GB. Replying to that text message did not secure the offer. The offer required the customer to log into self serve and then initiate a plan change while entering a promo code.


@computergeek541, so from 8 to 12.5... for how much more?

 

Thanks for your imput about how this offer works 🙂


The offer for 12.5GB from October was a $60/30 day plan.

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Re: New offer for current clients!


@PlanShopper wrote:

@BearFBI 

How is this offer any different than that one time offer?  Looks like not everyone got it and it's not offered publicly.  That puts it in the same position.



@BearFBI wrote:

 


@PlanShopper wrote:

@BearFBI 

 

Koodo offered clients 10GB for $14 as an add on, so people are paying something like $36 for 14GB or something ridiculous.  THAT'S an offer I;d jump all over, but this...1.5GB for $10...meh.


@PlanShopper I am looking at an article here about it.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/12/14/koodo-customers-add-on-bonus-10gb-15/

It is only a one time addon and it was offered to select customers from Public Mobile. It is not a plan and you cant get the addon again.


@PlanShopper 

From what I understand, I think this is the difference:

Koodo: you could get a one-time add-on of 10GB. You get 10GB of non expiring data, but it doesn't get replenished every month.

Current PM offer: its only available for those who get it, but they get 3GB data (that expires at the end of the month) per month, every month, as part of their plan (not an add-on).

will13am
Oracle

Re: New offer for current clients!


@PlanShopper wrote:

@BearFBI 

 

How is this offer any different than that one time offer?  Looks like not everyone got it and it's not offered publicly.  That puts it in the same position.

There are lots of ways to get better plans.  Bring 4 phones to RBC with a business account and you're getting 10GB on each phone for $45 a month with Telus.  Or, I can get a promo plan through my work right now for $63 for 20GB.

I'm not trying to say that this offer is garbage, I'm just saying it's not "great".  The 3 offers I mentioned above, are "great" offers.  


I tend to agree.  $10 for 2 extra GBs is not that cheap.  The $25 plan is pretty good value.  Paying $10 more sort of waters down the value.  One must be mindful that an extra $5 will get 2GB more ($40/5GB plan).   

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: New offer for current clients!

 


@will13am wrote:

@PlanShopper wrote:

@BearFBI 

 

How is this offer any different than that one time offer?  Looks like not everyone got it and it's not offered publicly.  That puts it in the same position.

There are lots of ways to get better plans.  Bring 4 phones to RBC with a business account and you're getting 10GB on each phone for $45 a month with Telus.  Or, I can get a promo plan through my work right now for $63 for 20GB.

I'm not trying to say that this offer is garbage, I'm just saying it's not "great".  The 3 offers I mentioned above, are "great" offers.  


I tend to agree.  $10 for 2 extra GBs is not that cheap.  The $25 plan is pretty good value.  Paying $10 more sort of waters down the value.  One must be mindful that an extra $5 will get 2GB more ($40/5GB plan).   


@will13am I do understand this but I have 7$ worth of rewards at the moment. I am planning to refer a few family members soon too. Trying to get 10$ of rewards credit is easier than trying to get 15$ If I can get 10$ of reward credit I would be paying 25$ for the 35$ plan. Also even if the 35$ plan is popular or not I still think it should be upgraded.

Need Help? Let's chat.