cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: New subscriber, but can't send or receive SMS Text Messages

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Alistairm wrote:

Hello everyone, i activated my account/SIM card on April 30th, 2019 (this past Tuesday).  Everything went fine and i was able to send and receive text messages (SMS) yesterday, May 1st.  I have the 15$ plan that includes unlimited txt msgs, 100 minutes and a bonus of 250mb.  My wife has the exact same plan and has no issues with txt msgs.  For some reason, i can not send or reiceive txt msgs today.  I have restarted my phone and double checked my account to make sure all is well.  I have an LG G5 and i ported my number from Fido.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

There were some reports earlier about issues with Text messaging.  If you log into your self serve account on the over view does it list that texting is included in your plan?  You could try the lost/stolen phone trick by logging your phone as lost as this will deactivate your sim and then about 5 minutes later report it found and that will reactivate your sim.  This may be enough to refresh the sim so it see the full provision of your plan.

I can confirm that resetting the phone or using the Lost/Stolen feature to suspend then reactivate the account does anything to resolve this issue. 

I have had over 9 plans with multiple phones, all on the $10 50/50 plan, and have analysed our logs for the past several months. And yes, the plans do show available texting in Self-Serve.

It seems that this problem is a PM system problem but is isolated to a subset of the metered text plans ($10 and $15 plans) and so far does not seem to be affecting anyone else. 

Please read these insights and share yours regarding problems with texting with PM, here:

Problems with Texting on Public Mobile? Read my insights and share yours

There are some new developments as of tonight that I will share there only (in a short while; gathering some notes)... there are too many threads on the same topic, so it makes most sense to keep the discussion contained in one place, for all to benefit.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: New subscriber, but can't send or receive SMS Text Messages, no voice either

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Please read these insights and share yours regarding problems with texting with PM, here:

If you appreciate the thread, be sure to click the Bravo button at the bottom of the post once you are at the link above.

Cheers

Begging for Bravos

Quite sad

Meditate instead

Re: New subscriber, but can't send or receive SMS Text Messages, no voice either

@LaOmbra wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

If you appreciate the thread, be sure to click the Bravo button at the bottom of the post once you are at the link above.

Cheers

Begging for Bravos

Quite sad

Meditate instead

Thanks so much for your concern for my well-being. Kinda sad that you are following my posts around and needing to leave a condescending comment everywhere. I'm actually just trying to help people with this problem. What are you doing to help?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Cheers

No thanks! Self-aggrandizement should go unrewarded

@LaOmbra wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Cheers

No thanks! Self-aggrandizement should go unrewarded

Why are you here anyway, other than lurking and leaving condescending remarks, as it that is not "self-aggrandizement"? At least I am trying to help others. What have you got to offer? 

EDIT: I guess it is fitting behaviour given your forum ID LaOmbra = the shadow  :-\