cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New subscriber, but can't send or receive SMS Text Messages, no voice either

Alistairm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Update as of 1:35pm |EST: So, it seems that everything is back to normal for me.  Calls and txt msgs are working fine.  How did i know that my service was back to normal?  I got a scam call with some lady rattling off a bunch of BS in Chinese!  How about that?  Anyway, whoever out there fixed it, thank you.

Update as of 7:10pm: text messages seem to be going through/receiving now, but im still getting tbat 611 txt saying i dint have txt in my plan.  Voice still not working.

Just found out i have no voice either

Hello everyone, i activated my account/SIM card on April 30th, 2019 (this past Tuesday).  Everything went fine and i was able to send and receive text messages (SMS) yesterday, May 1st.  I have the 15$ plan that includes unlimited txt msgs, 100 minutes and a bonus of 250mb.  My wife has the exact same plan and has no issues with txt msgs.  For some reason, i can not send or reiceive txt msgs today.  I have restarted my phone and double checked my account to make sure all is well.  I have an LG G5 and i ported my number from Fido.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

24 REPLIES 24

@LaOmbra wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Please read these insights and share yours regarding problems with texting with PM, here:

Problems with Texting on Public Mobile? Read my insights and share yours

If you appreciate the thread, be sure to click the Bravo button at the bottom of the post once you are at the link above.

Cheers

No thanks! Self-aggrandizement should go unrewarded

Why are you here anyway, other than lurking and leaving condescending remarks, as it that is not "self-aggrandizement"? At least I am trying to help others. What have you got to offer? 

EDIT: I guess it is fitting behaviour given your forum ID LaOmbra = the shadow  😕

LaOmbra

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Please read these insights and share yours regarding problems with texting with PM, here:

If you appreciate the thread, be sure to click the Bravo button at the bottom of the post once you are at the link above.

Cheers

No thanks! Self-aggrandizement should go unrewarded

@LaOmbra wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Cheers

Begging for Bravos

Quite sad

Meditate instead

Thanks so much for your concern for my well-being. Kinda sad that you are following my posts around and needing to leave a condescending comment everywhere. I'm actually just trying to help people with this problem. What are you doing to help?

LaOmbra

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Cheers

Begging for Bravos

Quite sad

Meditate instead

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Alistairm wrote:

Hello everyone, i activated my account/SIM card on April 30th, 2019 (this past Tuesday).  Everything went fine and i was able to send and receive text messages (SMS) yesterday, May 1st.  I have the 15$ plan that includes unlimited txt msgs, 100 minutes and a bonus of 250mb.  My wife has the exact same plan and has no issues with txt msgs.  For some reason, i can not send or reiceive txt msgs today.  I have restarted my phone and double checked my account to make sure all is well.  I have an LG G5 and i ported my number from Fido.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

There were some reports earlier about issues with Text messaging.  If you log into your self serve account on the over view does it list that texting is included in your plan?  You could try the lost/stolen phone trick by logging your phone as lost as this will deactivate your sim and then about 5 minutes later report it found and that will reactivate your sim.  This may be enough to refresh the sim so it see the full provision of your plan.

I can confirm that resetting the phone or using the Lost/Stolen feature to suspend then reactivate the account does anything to resolve this issue. 

I have had over 9 plans with multiple phones, all on the $10 50/50 plan, and have analysed our logs for the past several months. And yes, the plans do show available texting in Self-Serve.

It seems that this problem is a PM system problem but is isolated to a subset of the metered text plans ($10 and $15 plans) and so far does not seem to be affecting anyone else. 

There are some new developments as of tonight that I will share there only (in a short while; gathering some notes)... there are too many threads on the same topic, so it makes most sense to keep the discussion contained in one place, for all to benefit.

Cheers

@Big8D  a écrit :

Mine is working now.

Thanks to let us know....it's encouraging!!Smiley Happy

Big8D

Mine is working now.

@Alistairm wrote:

Well, i did message the mod team and they got back to me, but they only asked that i verify my idnetity by logging into my acccount and after i did that, i never heard back from them.  But yeah, i guess someone fixed it.

@AlistairmAccount verification is part of the process and it means that the moderator would be looking at your case as soon as you completed the verification, You should be getting a reply status soon.

Alistairm

Well, i did message the mod team and they got back to me, but they only asked that i verify my idnetity by logging into my acccount and after i did that, i never heard back from them.  But yeah, i guess someone fixed it.

Big8D

Did you get someone fixed it for you?

Alistairm

My service is back to normal.  

Big8D

@Beatrice_AG  Same here,I hope you can provide some assistance for my case as well. Thanks

Alistairm

@Beatrice_AG  i hope you can provide some assistance for my case as well. Thanks

Alistairm

@ScubaSheb wrote:

My service is back !

Private message the moderators (Moderator Beatrice if you can find her online), they know what to do now (see attachment).

Beatrice.jpg

Nice. I hope they get to mine soon.  I still dont have voice.

ScubaSheb

My service is back !

Private message the moderators (Moderator Beatrice if you can find her online), they know what to do now (see attachment).

Beatrice.jpg

Alistairm

@imm1304 wrote:

Hey @Alistairm ,

its not weird at all that your phone says "Telus" instead of "Public mobile" in the status bar.  My last phone used to say the same and its accurate, since we are connecting to the Telus network.

With regards to the sms, verify the sms app settings to ensure that the message center number is entered and also try different sms apps if you haven't already. If nothing else works, you will need the mods to try refreshing your account from their end and that should resolve the issue assuming that the issue is not on your device. 

New SMS app did not work.  I think it's a problem with many people who have the 15 dollar plan.

Alistairm

@imm1304 wrote:

Hey @Alistairm ,

its not weird at all that your phone says "Telus" instead of "Public mobile" in the status bar.  My last phone used to say the same and its accurate, since we are connecting to the Telus network.

With regards to the sms, verify the sms app settings to ensure that the message center number is entered and also try different sms apps if you haven't already. If nothing else works, you will need the mods to try refreshing your account from their end and that should resolve the issue assuming that the issue is not on your device. 

Okay, thanks.  The SMS number i have is: +16475800172.  Does that look right to you?

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Alistairm ,

Alistairm

Yes, my plan indicates unlimited texting.  I don't even have voice now.  My wife has the same plan and she has no issues.  Is it weird that my phone says "Telus" rather than "Public Mobile"?

ScubaSheb

Tried and didn't fix anything.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Try to use lost/stolen feature by log in the account, click lost and stolen, then log out, then click find the device. Not sure if this is going to work, but you can give a try. 

ScubaSheb

Same here, no calls and no texts !  Great !  I'll keep you updated if I find something with a moderator.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Alistairm wrote:

There were some reports earlier about issues with Text messaging.  If you log into your self serve account on the over view does it list that texting is included in your plan?  You could try the lost/stolen phone trick by logging your phone as lost as this will deactivate your sim and then about 5 minutes later report it found and that will reactivate your sim.  This may be enough to refresh the sim so it see the full provision of your plan.  Or you can contact the moderators for assistance and let them take a look into it.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.