cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim card when changing plan?

chocca47
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently trying Public Mobile with a $10 plan and received a Public Mobile number. I want to change to a 30-day plan and port in my phone number from another carrier. Do I need to buy another sim card to do this? Apologies if this is a silly question -I'm not very knowledgeable about cellphones.

Thanks for any help.

7 REPLIES 7

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Obummichael wrote:

What do I do when my sim is lost and I want to retain my number with public mobile?

@Obummichael

Buy a new sim..go into your self serve and change the old  sim card number to your new one

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Obummichael buy a new sim card. Log into self-serve click plans the click change sim.

Obummichael

What do I do when my sim is lost and I want to retain my number with public mobile?

@chocca47, just make sure to use the account number and the name that is on the account when you port that is all that is needed

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

chocca47

Thank you for your response. I am with VirginMobile so hopefully won't have any problems porting.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

No, 1 SIM card for any plan, including US roaming addons.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@chocca47 wrote:

I am currently trying Public Mobile with a $10 plan and received a Public Mobile number. I want to change to a 30-day plan and port in my phone number from another carrier. Do I need to buy another sim card to do this? Apologies if this is a silly question -I'm not very knowledgeable about cellphones.

Thanks for any help.

No you will just need to do a plan change in the self serve and at that time you can also do a change number and port in your current number.  If you are with Koodo prepaid you will need moderator assistance to port in that numbera s they use the same back end computer system

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.