cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New promo for Quebec

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else notice the new promo 2.5GB for $28(including the 2$ autopay discount)?  Doesn't indicate how the data is broken down (plan, bonus, autopay bonus, etc).

I just did a chat, and the agent indicated that all of the data was plan data.  Not bad... 2.5GB for 28$.

I checked a few other provinces, and there was nothing with 2.5GB at that price.

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone else notice the new promo 2.5GB for $28(including the 2$ autopay discount)?  Doesn't indicate how the data is broken down (plan, bonus, autopay bonus, etc).

I just did a chat, and the agent indicated that all of the data was plan data.  Not bad... 2.5GB for 28$.

I checked a few other provinces, and there was nothing with 2.5GB at that price.

@Anonymous Pretty sure the "fine print" will show that some of the data is linked to autopay. 

@Luddite- I chatted with a rep.  They told me it was plan data.  I questioned it...  Also pointed out the strange 250MB data detail in the fine print.  Perhaps they'll update it for clarification.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gwhitema I believe they are trying to be more competitive with the Quebec carriers.  Check the other carriers esp Videotron (I think) and I bet you will find the sameish offer.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous Pretty sure the "fine print" will show that some of the data is linked to autopay. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@will13am here are the options in my account.

Screenshot_20200903_200120.jpg

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@gwhitema You can still use vouchers and autopay. The autopay required might mean $2 more if no autopay.

gwhitema
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Woah they also changed the whole plan infrastructure. No more "Bonus" Autopay data. It also looks like no more bonus 2$ autopay reward. Am I reading that correctly ?

It also says Autopay Required. What about vouchers ? Is PM getting rid of them ? 

@Jb456 wrote:

@will13am  yes will. I'm 5 minutes from Montreal.

Well then, it must be new activations only.  That is unfortunate yet again for existing customers.  

gwhitema
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What the heck. Whats up with Quebec and these promos. Lol I wonder when we will get that. I hope soon. PM needs to focus on Ontario too.

@will13am  yes will. I'm 5 minutes from Montreal.

@Jb456 wrote:

@gblackma  I don't see it in my account under "change plan". I guess it's only for new sign-ups 🤷‍♂️

Do you have a QC address in the account?  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If you select Quebec as the location, it will show up in the plan webpage.  The details says that autopay is required to get the 250MB bonus.  So, it looks like a 2.25 GB base plan.  The numbers seem odd.  It must be a mistake because the other plans also show a 250MB bonus.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans/30for2GB-3Gspeed

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

It all depends how you are logged into the Public Mobile website...which province you selected.

Example - 

When I choose Quebec, it shows me these plans:

Plans_Quebec_2020-09-04

When I chose Ontario, it shows me these plans:

Plans_Ontario_2020-09-04

@gblackma  I don't see it in my account under "change plan". I guess it's only for new sign-ups 🤷‍♂️

Yes I noticed it but it's funny it's not on the main page. It still has the 2 gig for $30.

Anywho. It's likely to compete with LuckyMobile. I don't know when it was released on their site but they have 2.5 gigs with autopay for $30. Quebec wide calls only.

PM's deal is better since it's Canada wide calling and not only Quebec. You have to have auto-pay to make it $28 though. It's not $28 plus auto-pay to make it $26.

Screenshot_20200903_190600.jpg

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous  is this for everyone or just for new customers? Thanks. Stay safe. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous ,

I have a sense Quebec gets these good deals over the other provinces more often than not.

Vie la Quebec!

Need Help? Let's chat.