cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New plan - Text and Data only

phholmes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

At the moment I have a Unlimited International Text  only plan. I would like to upgrade to have Unlimited International Text and Data monthly.  What plan is available to me?

I am Deaf and I do not need talk on the plan, only  text and data.  How can I upgrade?  (I do not want "Add On" as that is not monthly)

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11

@phholmes wrote:

Thank you everyone for your reply. When I first joined, you could pick and choose the options. That does not seem to be the case anymore.  I wish they would bring back the options to choose... as in my case not everyone needs Talk and would like not to have to pay for it if it will never be used.

You're not paying extra for the voice component.  While not having unlimited data, the $25 is priced lower than any previously offered Plan Builder plan that included 1GB.  In comparison to the current $15 plan, there has never been a plan that included unlimited texting for less than that.

phholmes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you everyone for your reply. When I first joined, you could pick and choose the options. That does not seem to be the case anymore.  I wish they would bring back the options to choose... as in my case not everyone needs Talk and would like not to have to pay for it if it will never be used.

Cheers

The voice part of PM plans is virtually free now anyway. From the time of the plan builder where you could pick and choose, until now…plan prices have generally dropped in price and IMHO voice is just a throw in freebie more or less.

AE_Collector

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@phholmes 

what's the make and model of your device? check to see if your device is esim capable and you can purchase an esim data plan here

https://esimdb.com/canada

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

$15 plan looks the best choice considering unlimited domestic and international SMS/MMS.

PM does not offer unlimited data at any speed.

All plans come with call (limited or unlimited) feature.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you were managing without the data until now then you can try $15 plan with unlimited text(international) and 250MB of data with autopay.

Test it for a month and if you feel you are good with data then stay with that plan else upgrade on renewal to whatever data suits you. the link for the plans is mentioned above.

There is no 'Only data and Text' plans as of now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@phholmes 

you can choose plan from public mobile what they have visit Plans (publicmobile.ca)

and sign in to Self-Serveto review your account, to you can upgrade your plan,

and Click Here link  to you know how to Change Your Plan online,

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, PM does not offer unlimited data plans.  All plans include calling.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans#plans-start

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@phholmes    there are no data and text plans.  what is your data usage?   and where are you located (province).  

edit; asksing those questions because with that info the commuity could possibly direct you to a best option.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@phholmes : There's no longer a plan builder to pick and choose features. Edit: Are you sure your old plan isn't international texting? Maybe some of the old-timers here from those days would know.

Maybe you could post a screenshot of the page after clicking Plan Details. Blank out personal info of course.

But otherwise So no. All plans have all features now.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@phholmes wrote:

At the moment I have a Unlimited International Text  only plan. I would like to upgrade to have Unlimited International Text and Data monthly.  What plan is available to me?

I am Deaf and I do not need talk on the plan, only  text and data.  How can I upgrade?  (I do not want "Add On" as that is not monthly)

Thank you

@phholmes 

All current PM plans have talk :

Plans (publicmobile.ca)

All have unlimited texts but you would have to choose the amount of data you need in the plan that suits you.

Need Help? Let's chat.