cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: New customer!

@RODNEY2008 wrote:

1st off I was unable to start new one so had to reply on here. Anyhow Yes I felt like I am been treated un wanted and this is not good from moderaters: I told them I got sim card and the air time was not available when sim card was gotten and when I checked all rest air time was inc as long new number and sim card was not burnt. 

Could you give us some more info. You said they were sold out of sim cards so you bought one for 20 dollars (where is charging 20 dollars they should be 10?) did you also activate the account? What plan are you on? Is your phone compatible with the public mobile network? 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

FOR GOD SAGS YES I GOT A 9320 BLACKBERRY HERE UN LOCKED AND HAD IT TESTED AND WHEN I ASKED FOR AIR TIME ANDS SIM CARD THEY DID NOT HAVE VOUCHER. SO HAD TO GET THE PHONE AND SIM CARD ONLY I ALSO MESSAGED TONES OF TIMES ABOUT AIR TIME. I WAS TROLD NO IT CANT BE ADDED AND TO GO TO SHOPPERS DRUG MART AND GET CARD SO I CALLED THEM THEY HAVE THEM. I AM GOING WITH 20.00 A MONTH CALLS ON;Y UNLIMITED TO TORONTO ONT AND PETERBOROUGH AND SO ON I HOPE COVED FROM OTTAWA TO PETERBOROUGH AS WELL WAS TOLD CHATR BELL HAVE SPOTS WERE CANT WORK AND PUBLIC DOES NOT HAVE DEAD SPOTS SOP THAT WHJY JOINED. SORRY FOR YELLING BUTY THIS IS NUTTS AND FRUSTERATING.

jp2

You tested it by putting in a public mobile sim?

Oh you are talking about voucher cards. Sorry, I misunderstood I thought you were talking about sim cards. 

So you activated the 20 dollar provincial talk only plan but calling isn't working for you? Can you receive calls?

PM network runs on the Telus network so coverage should be good. Other people might be referring to the zones Chartr limits you to. PM doesn't have zones.

all I know is I got the sim card here now not on and sitting here to wait till i buy air time. I asked for voucher they had none were I got the unit. I did not activate nothing yet the rep said go with 20 a month for calls only i said sure thanks I dont need data since got wifi on blackberry. 

jp2

Ok you just need to activate the sim this will setup your self serve account so you can select your plan. Use this link https://activate.publicmobile.ca 

If you have a credit card you can make the payment with it and setup auto pay so that you get 2 dollars off every 30 days. If not you should be able to buy a voucher as you mentioned don't forget the plan will also have tax on top of the listed price. 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Have you confirmed that you are still logged in? If you are, just try a different browser. If that works then it is related to the browser you are using and the settings on that browser itself.

Thanks and yes  but still cant go to new topics its greyed out so I reply to old messages rither then make a new one: 

Highlighted
jp2

I have never had to switch browsers for the community but for self serve accounts and activation you may need to. I always you google chrome incognito mode for activation because regular chrome didn't work for me. It might work for you if you delete cash and cookies 

Mayor / Maire

@RODNEY2008 it's good that you don't want data, since Public Mobile does not operate or provide a BIS server, which older BlackBerrys like your require for mobile data.  Just so you're aware, in case down the road you decide you want to add mobile data, it won't work with that phone with Public Mobile.  Just an FYI.

As @jp2 noted, you only need to buy vouchers if you don't have a [Canadian] credit card you can use to pay for the service. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Thaks so much I find Blackberry more usefull then touch screen key pads