cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer!

TGE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey all,

Quick question. So, I just signed up for Public Mobile with the auto pay feature. Will it automatically withdraw the funds upon activation or do I need to manually pay it first and the auto pay will begin in December?

Thanks

30 REPLIES 30

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RODNEY2008 wrote:

Thaks so much I find Blackberry more usefull then touch screen key pads 

@RODNEY2008 I totally get that.  I felt that way for a long time too, and held on to my 9900 for quite a while, but eventually gave in and picked up an Android-based Moto X several years ago, the moved on to a OnePlus 3 and now a OnePlus 5T.  It takes a while to get used to typing on glass instead of buttons, but there's was no looking back for me.  The devices are just so much more capable.  

If you're looking for something more modern and capable yet still has apparetnly an excellent physical keyboard, you may want to look at the BlackBerry KEY2 once it's available.  Supposedly much improved over the KEY1 from a year or so ago.  Runs Android so there's zero app-gap, plus will be pretty speedy on a capable mid-range chipset and finally enough RAM to get some things done.  Just a thought for future upgrade.  😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

horemansus
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Guess they can sell at whatever price if PM lets them, details would be in the PM contract, unless they are grey marketing...

In any case, warn all to stay away.

RODNEY2008

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wow I would recommend never going back there if they are charging double anywhere else is charging especially while there is a promotion on to get a free sim.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@TGE wrote:

Hey all,

Quick question. So, I just signed up for Public Mobile with the auto pay feature. Will it automatically withdraw the funds upon activation or do I need to manually pay it first and the auto pay will begin in December?

Thanks

@TGEWelcome to public mobile! Hope to see you around. xD 

RODNEY2008

price wize .

RODNEY2008

yes stores are allowed to sell what they want to from what I was told .

jp2

Wait... you got charged 20 for a sim and 20 for a voucher? That shouldn't be sims should only be 10 dollars. 

RODNEY2008

the store called nextlevel  mobile charged me 20 with tax and it cost me 20 again if I want air time i dont need data: 

jp2

@horemansus they are talking about a 20 dollar voucher not a sim card. That's what I thought initially too 

horemansus

... did you get your account set up and working?

I am also curious who is charging $20 for the SIM card.

RODNEY2008

Thaks so much I find Blackberry more usefull then touch screen key pads 

srlawren

@RODNEY2008 it's good that you don't want data, since Public Mobile does not operate or provide a BIS server, which older BlackBerrys like your require for mobile data.  Just so you're aware, in case down the road you decide you want to add mobile data, it won't work with that phone with Public Mobile.  Just an FYI.

As @jp2 noted, you only need to buy vouchers if you don't have a [Canadian] credit card you can use to pay for the service. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jp2

I have never had to switch browsers for the community but for self serve accounts and activation you may need to. I always you google chrome incognito mode for activation because regular chrome didn't work for me. It might work for you if you delete cash and cookies 

RODNEY2008

Thanks and yes  but still cant go to new topics its greyed out so I reply to old messages rither then make a new one: 

MichaelM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Have you confirmed that you are still logged in? If you are, just try a different browser. If that works then it is related to the browser you are using and the settings on that browser itself.

jp2

Ok you just need to activate the sim this will setup your self serve account so you can select your plan. Use this link https://activate.publicmobile.ca 

If you have a credit card you can make the payment with it and setup auto pay so that you get 2 dollars off every 30 days. If not you should be able to buy a voucher as you mentioned don't forget the plan will also have tax on top of the listed price. 

RODNEY2008

all I know is I got the sim card here now not on and sitting here to wait till i buy air time. I asked for voucher they had none were I got the unit. I did not activate nothing yet the rep said go with 20 a month for calls only i said sure thanks I dont need data since got wifi on blackberry. 

jp2

You tested it by putting in a public mobile sim?

Oh you are talking about voucher cards. Sorry, I misunderstood I thought you were talking about sim cards. 

So you activated the 20 dollar provincial talk only plan but calling isn't working for you? Can you receive calls?

PM network runs on the Telus network so coverage should be good. Other people might be referring to the zones Chartr limits you to. PM doesn't have zones.

RODNEY2008

FOR GOD SAGS YES I GOT A 9320 BLACKBERRY HERE UN LOCKED AND HAD IT TESTED AND WHEN I ASKED FOR AIR TIME ANDS SIM CARD THEY DID NOT HAVE VOUCHER. SO HAD TO GET THE PHONE AND SIM CARD ONLY I ALSO MESSAGED TONES OF TIMES ABOUT AIR TIME. I WAS TROLD NO IT CANT BE ADDED AND TO GO TO SHOPPERS DRUG MART AND GET CARD SO I CALLED THEM THEY HAVE THEM. I AM GOING WITH 20.00 A MONTH CALLS ON;Y UNLIMITED TO TORONTO ONT AND PETERBOROUGH AND SO ON I HOPE COVED FROM OTTAWA TO PETERBOROUGH AS WELL WAS TOLD CHATR BELL HAVE SPOTS WERE CANT WORK AND PUBLIC DOES NOT HAVE DEAD SPOTS SOP THAT WHJY JOINED. SORRY FOR YELLING BUTY THIS IS NUTTS AND FRUSTERATING.

jp2

@RODNEY2008 wrote:

1st off I was unable to start new one so had to reply on here. Anyhow Yes I felt like I am been treated un wanted and this is not good from moderaters: I told them I got sim card and the air time was not available when sim card was gotten and when I checked all rest air time was inc as long new number and sim card was not burnt. 

Could you give us some more info. You said they were sold out of sim cards so you bought one for 20 dollars (where is charging 20 dollars they should be 10?) did you also activate the account? What plan are you on? Is your phone compatible with the public mobile network? 

RODNEY2008

when I try to start new topic they thing is greyed out so I think I am blocked from it: 

RODNEY2008

1st off I was unable to start new one so had to reply on here. Anyhow Yes I felt like I am been treated un wanted and this is not good from moderaters: I told them I got sim card and the air time was not available when sim card was gotten and when I checked all rest air time was inc as long new number and sim card was not burnt. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @RODNEY2008, welcome to Public Mobile.   Did you have a question or just sharing your experience.  

BTW,  you have posted to a very old topic.   You should always start a new topic so that you get the most exposure for your issue. 

RODNEY2008

Just got offered 35.00 credit infact from Chatr if I decide to go back my old plan with them was close to 40-45 a month. At this time I am not going back if I can pay 20 a month for calls only and texting: 

RODNEY2008

me to new  here got new sim card and no air time cause the stores ran out and all rest give credit when line is new like sim card and new number. Yesterday got told they cant do it. So going to buy 20.00 plus tax card and better work for calls only and text. I dont need data: 

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Autopay is the way to go.  

Never had an issue with either account & no need to worry abut buying funds before renewal. Only tip is not to worry about you account showing expired briefly during the renewal process.  It seems even the auto pay process adds funds, then a little later does the actual renewal.  Best to check the day after if you are curious. 

As long as youhave service it went through ok.

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Welcome to PM.  Hope you enjoy the savings you get by using autopay on your next renewal.

TGE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh.. I didn't see the tab. 🙂 Thanks!!

mimmo

you shoudl have already paid for the plan during activation.  (check your payment history) autopay will pay for the next payment.

do you have service?  what does your selfserv page say? 

PS Welcome to teh community.

Need Help? Let's chat.