cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New competitive response coming soon

will13am
Oracle
Oracle
The government of Canada website suggests that a tier 3 brand offering of $15 per month for 250MB, 100 nation wide minutes, unlimited text is coming. I went over to the competitors site and I see that it is available already. Come on Public Mobile, where is that competitive matching offer? https://www.canada.ca/en/radio-television-telecommunications/news/2018/12/national-wireless-carriers...
11 REPLIES 11

countonalex
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Make the 8gb plan cheaper so I can be even happier. 

8gb/$40? 

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I really do hope that they match that $15 Chatr plan with 100 minute, unlimited international text, and 250MB plan here at Public Mobile.  I would much rather stay with Public Mobile but that plan satisfies way more of what I need to use.

I saw on that government website that there’s suppose to be unlimited incoming calling on that plan as website but it’s not showing on their website.  The 40 cents per minute of voicemail is expensive so it would be a feature that I would turn off.  But this is almost like the Freedom plan but with better coverage, which is the main thing keeping me away from Freedom Mobile.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It looks like the cost of data overage is about to take a plunge as well.  These numbers are not inexpensive, but dirt cheap compared to what we are used to. 

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/03/07/rogers-fido-buy-more-data-go-over-cap/

Looks like Chatr and Lucky mobile has their competitive plans.  Let's see what Public mobile does next:

NATION-WIDE TALK & TEXT
$15 Per Month
BONUS250 MB
100 Canada-Wide Talk & Unlimited International Texts
-Details
INCLUDESPlan Includes Details
  • 100 Minutes Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text, 
    Picture and Video Messaging
  • Auto-pay offer: Bonus 250 MB data at 3G speed/month
  • 40 ¢/min for voicemail retrievals

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/chatr-lucky-mobile-new-plans-15-100-min-250-mb-25-month-1gb-data-unlt...

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Agree. We are paying too much on cellphone and data plan. 

@popping wrote:

@will13am 

We are living in a period with mobile price going down.  Therefore, hold on to your cash and vote with your wallet.  Don't sign any contract and give yourself flexibility to switch.

We are talking baby steps but definitely steps in the right direction.  We do have to put things into proper perspective.  The premium is quite high going from $10 to $15 per month.  However, the flexibility of having a complete plan for as low as $15 per month is unheard of in this country.  It is not something I can/will take advantage of any time soon.  It is definitely a good day for those on a really tight budget.  Please give me a chance to step aside from the door way before the stampede starts!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@missorange wrote:

so after reading that website, seems like Chatr offerr a better deal.

By the surface, Chatr has the price advantage.  But Chatr is 3G signal only.  Not LTE capped to 3Mbps offered by PM.  I will stay with PM if PM offers the same price plan.

@missorange wrote:

You mean the $15 with 100 minutes, unlimted messaging, and 250MB (autopay required)?  Chatr also has a $25 autopay plan that includes 1GB, unlimited messaging, and incoming calls (no outgoing included).

dararara
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You sure the prices are going down? You don't read or watch the news I guess. ROBELUS just jacked up prices. Even when costs go down, their greed is never satisfied.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am 

We are living in a period with mobile price going down.  Therefore, hold on to your cash and vote with your wallet.  Don't sign any contract and give yourself flexibility to switch.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Need Help? Let's chat.