cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activations only in $10 discount

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

In the ad copy, could the Public Mobile people add the words new activations only?   What is there now is open to confusion. 

8 REPLIES 8

@bridonca, yes, you’re right.  It doesn’t specifically say it there.  But why wouldn’t you still seek out further information?

IF the first bullet point said activation, it would have met your request.

EDIT:  Looking further at the small print, I missed the word 'activate' in the more detailed information.  It is mentioned, Customers who activate on 90-day plans ... , so I know it doesn't say it for the 30-day cycle, but it did (and still does) for the 90-day cycles.

bridonca

@RobertQc wrote:

@bridonca@Jessica_T

It is crystal clear already.

@Alan_K wrote:the offer is available to new customers only.

I did not post this for the sake of posting.  I have a RFD thread of people asking the same question.  So I would argue it might not be as crystal clear as is thought.    Show me the crystal clear on this page! 

Screenshot (8).png

Sharry19

@bridonca If you click on Offer details this is what you will see "On 30-day plans, $10 credits applied to account in months 1-6 and can be used in months 2-7. Customers who activate on 90-day plans will have $10 credits applied every 30 days. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash. First credit will be applied within 30 days. If a customer falls into suspend or inactive state during the promotion, they will no longer be eligible for the promotion."

This is upfront clear that this Promo is for only new activations.

*** Please note: I am not a Moderator ***

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

I would add that even without the words, it is self evident the offer is for new accounts only.  For existing accounts, how does it make sense to get a SIM card and activate what is already activated?  Existing accounts could not follow through on the steps required to get the offer. 

Pretty sure OP is referring to the splash screen where it makes no mention of new accounts nor activations.Untitled.png

Yes, clarity is one click away, but why not have it be a prominent message right from the get-go?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I would add that even without the words, it is self evident the offer is for new accounts only.  For existing accounts, how does it make sense to get a SIM card and activate what is already activated?  Existing accounts could not follow through on the steps required to get the offer. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Clarity is good, but I think it actually is clear already in the last words of the first paragraph:

From February 8 to March 4, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online or in-store at a participating retailers on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

A new customer requires a new activation.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@bridonca@Jessica_T

It is crystal clear already.

@Alan_K wrote:the offer is available to new customers only.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@bridonca wrote:

In the ad copy, could the Public Mobile people add the words new activations only?   What is there now is open to confusion. 

@bridoncaPeople do get confused easily so it would help, although I myself thought it was straight forward as there is no mention of switching / changing plans. Activation should imply a new account. Activating a SIM should also imply a new account.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

I gave your post Kudos as your suggestion improves clarity.

Need Help? Let's chat.