cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User text messages not working on 15$ plan

LETIZIA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, everyone. Yesterday, I have switched to public mobile with the 15$ plan. Everything was working fine last night, but as per today when I try to send a text message to a local number, I receive a reply from 611 saying "sorry, your current plan does not include text messaging...". As I looked into my account my plan includes:

• - 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed
  • - Unlimited International Texts

I have tried different solution such as:

- Check my APN settings
- Power off my phone, remove SIM card ,and wait one minute. Then put SIM card back in and restart.
They did not work. Can anybody help me? Thank you!
43 REPLIES 43

DrTrollington

Have the same issue @CS_Agent.

hanhhuynh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same here, yesterday calls / texts were fine. Today is a no go.

Jbuss

I cannot text or call. I'm on the $15 plan. Sent a message to the moderator last night, no response.

Alistairm

Yep, got the same problem.  Yesterday, it was fine.  I don't even have voice.

MrRTBC

Me and my wife are both having the same issue.

I have messaged the mods, asking for the solution, but if anyone hears from them in the mean time please post the solution.

LETIZIA

@bidzini wrote:

@LETIZIA wrote:

Hopefully they can do something. I found other messages on the community about the same issue and moderators fixed the account. 

My boyfriend has the same problem, so you think he should contact the mods privately to get this fixed?

I kinda figured it was a general fix, not an account-per-account fix... Just to be safe I'll tell him to send them a message too!

@bidzini , I have followed @geopublic advice, "Click here to notify  Public Mobile of the problem you are experiencing." 

LETIZIA

@geopublic wrote:

@LETIZIA wrote:

Hi, everyone. Yesterday, I have switched to public mobile with the 15$ plan. Everything was working fine last night, but as per today when I try to send a text message to a local number, I receive a reply from 611 saying "sorry, your current plan does not include text messaging...". As I looked into my account my plan includes:

• - 250 MB at 3G speed

- Check my APN settings
- Power off my phone, remove SIM card ,and wait one minute. Then put SIM card back in and restart.

@LETIZIA  Click here to notify  Public Mobile of the problem you are experiencing. 

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Hope this helps!

Note: Due to the high volume of requests please be patient, it might take a while to get a response.

I have sent a message to the moderators, now we'll just wait. Thank you!

@LETIZIA wrote:

Hopefully they can do something. I found other messages on the community about the same issue and moderators fixed the account. 

The reponse from a moderator could take up to 48 hours...but usually much less. Please be patient and I'm sure they'll fix things as they should be.

bidzini

@LETIZIA wrote:

My boyfriend has the same problem, so you think he should contact the mods privately to get this fixed?

I kinda figured it was a general fix, not an account-per-account fix... Just to be safe I'll tell him to send them a message too!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@LETIZIA wrote:

• - 250 MB at 3G speed

- Check my APN settings

@LETIZIA  Click here to notify  Public Mobile of the problem you are experiencing. 

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Hope this helps!

Note: Due to the high volume of requests please be patient, it might take a while to get a response.

LETIZIA

michal1

I have the same problem, PMed the moderators, got a comment of FB with a link to send message to moderators. No replies and no fixes. It seems to be only this plan affected. They need to post something to acknowledge the issue.

bidzini

Unfortunately, it seems a lot of us are having the same problem!

Still waiting on someone to come back with some sort of solution (haven't heard back from the mods yet)

Need Help? Let's chat.