cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User text messages not working on 15$ plan

LETIZIA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, everyone. Yesterday, I have switched to public mobile with the 15$ plan. Everything was working fine last night, but as per today when I try to send a text message to a local number, I receive a reply from 611 saying "sorry, your current plan does not include text messaging...". As I looked into my account my plan includes:

• - 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed
  • - Unlimited International Texts

I have tried different solution such as:

- Check my APN settings
- Power off my phone, remove SIM card ,and wait one minute. Then put SIM card back in and restart.
They did not work. Can anybody help me? Thank you!
43 REPLIES 43

xchoo

@sanjayindu wrote:

I still have the issue. I can receive text, access mobile data, make and get voice call but cannot send text. The issue started with my $15 plan activation. There was no issue on previous $10 plan. Sent message to moderator some 5 hys ago and waiting for a response, posting here in case some has found a solution.

Can you try:
1. Suspending your plan using the lost phone function
2. Logging out of the self serve page
3. Waiting at least 5 minutes
4. Log back into self serve, and resume your plan using the lost phone function.

sanjayindu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I still have the issue. I can receive text, access mobile data, make and get voice call but cannot send text. The issue started with my $15 plan activation. There was no issue on previous $10 plan. Sent message to moderator some 5 hys ago and waiting for a response, posting here in case some has found a solution.

MrRTBC

I received a response from the mods this morning stating they have fixed the system wide issue and that if you are still experiencing problems, to try resetting your phone.

Mine and my wifes are now fully functional again.

They have also posted an announcement now, acknowledging this issue.

LETIZIA

Mine is back too. I guess they have fixed the issue on a large scale instead of doing each one of us.

Big8D

Mine is working now.

xchoo

My service has also just started working! You guys should check yours. Smiley Very Happy

Of course, the first call I get is from some scammer trying to sell me duct-cleaning services. haha Smiley LOL

Jbuss

My service has also been restored. One more 36 hour outage without a professional response/acknowledgement from Public Mobile and I'm done with this company.

bidzini

@Jbuss wrote:

Wow, you actually got a response from a moderator? How can I do that? I've sent messages to the general moderator address but haven't received a response yet.

Honestly, I know it sucks but patience is the only trick...

I had an issue with my port a few days ago, so I already had a ticket open. Might be why it was a tad faster for me... But they'll get back to you eventually! They must have a ton of messages though and they have to go through them all.

bidzini

@dlyrette wrote:

I am not sure I am happy with this solution...  i have been with Public Mobile for 2 days ans I have been unable to place a call or text except for the first hour.  If the solution they suggest is to chose a more expensive plan for a month instead of resolving the issue, my solution will be to go elsewhere...

relly unfortunate.  Îll see when the moderator get in touch with me

Mine is working now on the $15 plan, they switched me back!
You don't have to pay extra, just wait long enough to talk to a mod 🙂 They'll get back to you eventually!

@dlyrette wrote:

I am not sure I am happy with this solution...  i have been with Public Mobile for 2 days ans I have been unable to place a call or text except for the first hour.  If the solution they suggest is to chose a more expensive plan for a month instead of resolving the issue, my solution will be to go elsewhere...

Might not have to change plans hopefully this will fix the issuesSmiley Happy

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/System-maintenance-On-May-5-2019-00-00-...

dlyrette

Jbuss

Wow, you actually got a response from a moderator? How can I do that? I've sent messages to the general moderator address but haven't received a response yet.

bidzini

@Jbuss wrote:

How does one change their plan? I tried that and it said, sure you can change to this plan, but only on your renewal date. That's in three weeks. How can I change my plan immediately?

Most likely you'll need funds in your account to upgrade to another plan (but you'll have to pay out of pocket for another plan)

Not 100% sure if a manual change of plan will work, but it seems to have fixed it for me when the mod did it. So try at your own risk!

Jbuss

How does one change their plan? I tried that and it said, sure you can change to this plan, but only on your renewal date. That's in three weeks. How can I change my plan immediately?

bidzini

I've been in touch with a Mod and it seems like changing the plan is the only think that's worked so far. (They've done it for me so I haven't had to pay anything)

I'm not sure if it's going to crash again when they're going to put me back on the $15/month plan, but so far changing plan seems to have worked.

Just thought I'd report back that mods are getting in touch with some people already 🙂 Hopefully it happens for you guys soon!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LovesToPM wrote:
I wonder if anyone has tried the lost/stolen phone trick. This trick will reset your account/SIM card. It has fixed some types of account issues. It does no harm to your account or phone. To report your phone stolen. Logon to your account. Choose "Plans and Add-ons" tab. Then choose "Lost/Stolen Phone" tab. The choose "Suspend Service" tab. Logout. Wait few minutes. Logon in and report your phone found.

Welcome to the party. Of all the million threads with this problem...yes...people have tried that to no avail.

xchoo

@LovesToPM wrote:
I wonder if anyone has tried the lost/stolen phone trick. This trick will reset your account/SIM card. It has fixed some types of account issues. It does no harm to your account or phone. To report your phone stolen. Logon to your account. Choose "Plans and Add-ons" tab. Then choose "Lost/Stolen Phone" tab. The choose "Suspend Service" tab. Logout. Wait few minutes. Logon in and report your phone found.

I've tried it. Multiple times. With varying wait times between "suspend" and "resume". Still no dice.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Edit: Alright. Thanks for feedback guys Smiley Happy

xchoo

@Big8D wrote:

Anyone here got the issues fixed?

Yup. I think I've seen 2 people (of like 3 dozen who have reported the issue) have their account reset by the mods to fix the issue.

dlyrette

Exact same issue for me.  Less than 48 hours with Public Mobile

dlyrette

Same here.  No calls and no text messages either.  I am waiting for the Mod to get in touch with me

Big8D

Anyone here got the issues fixed?

xchoo

Yup. Same here. Worked for less than a day, then abruptly stopped working. Already tried all of the fixes (except for changing plans), and none of them have worked. Also already messaged the @CS_Agent multiple times (over the past few days), no response so far.

If this keeps up, I'm going to have to switch carriers. I use 2FA to log into my bank account, and if I can't receive texts, I can't log in to do any banking. Smiley Mad

wisdom-light

Hello,

My text messages are also not working since I switched to the new 15$ plan.

LETIZIA

@MrRTBC wrote:

Me and my wife are both having the same issue.

I have messaged the mods, asking for the solution, but if anyone hears from them in the mean time please post the solution.

Also the calls don't work... not sure if that happened to you too

Big8D

Not good, more than 5 hours no any response from them.

MathDubois

Same here... Activated 2 days ago. Pretty bad start

frozenmelon

Same problem. Messaged moderators 4 hours ago. No solution. Really bad start to a new relationship.

Big8D

Have the same issue @Moderator_Team.

Activated last night and worked fine but now nothing works. Help please!!

julia1984

A big problem!  Yesterday I purchased the $15 plan at Presidents Choice with 100 minutes talk plus unlimted text and 250 mg of data.  At the store and last evening the plan worked.  Today when I call I received a recording telling me I have only text and must to an add-on to talk.  Yet when I go into my account I have talk - 100 minutes!!!  

Very, very annoying.  I went back to the store where they told me there was nothing they could do.  I checked by visa account and the right amount is indicated as paid $17.25!

This is nuts!!!  The account says all is fine and paid up but the voice on my phone tells me differently.

What's up???

Need Help? Let's chat.