cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Targetted Offer for Freedom Mobile Customers

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Somebody forgot to make an official announcement or maybe it was left for customers to stumble upon the deal.  I found the link via RFD.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/100GB-Bonus-50for8GB-3Gspeed

18 REPLIES 18

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Cant make everyone happy ..some will get this promotion..then after when a better one is offered..then they will feel they got screwed...never ending cycle....

@tamzid1999 wrote:

Happy to see Public Mobile and Lucky Mobile countering Freedom Mobile offer and sad at the same time seeing the Big 3 trying to kill off Freedom. 

Why?  Freedom is the competition.  They were the first to introduce the bonus data bucket.  Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. 

planeshift
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yep another unfair promotion,  screw the people who have good customers for years

planeshift

The 100gb data is the 4.5gb monthly

tamzid1999

Happy to see Public Mobile and Lucky Mobile countering Freedom Mobile offer and sad at the same time seeing the Big 3 trying to kill off Freedom. 

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@smp99 wrote:

I have a funny feeling that they may remove the Freedom requirement and make it available to anyone. Maybe after all of the credit promos. I suspect more than 50% who sign up will never/rarely go over 8GB.

And $50 price plan is more than what most are paying now, so think of it as an internal moving up the food chain.

Yes $50 is more then what most are paying but people have to remember PM offers rewards. I started at $50 for unlimited talk Canada wide and to US from Canada with unlimited text and 8GB data 3G speed. Their rewards put my bill for December at $28. Right now I don't see them removing requirements of needing to be a Freedom customer . They are trying to take their customers. I can see them do something similar in future with Lucky Mobile and Chatr Wireless as they both removed zones. 

smp99

I have a funny feeling that they may remove the Freedom requirement and make it available to anyone. Maybe after all of the credit promos. I suspect more than 50% who sign up will never/rarely go over 8GB.

And $50 price plan is more than what most are paying now, so think of it as an internal moving up the food chain.

tehowennathe

@sim367sim wrote:

I ported from FM 3 weeks ago, still can we get this? or only for new customers?

It only applies to Freedom Mobile customers who port their number after promo was announced.

sim367sim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported from FM 3 weeks ago, still can we get this? or only for new customers?

Carld123

@Nava

I would lean towards no on that one

Nava
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported from Freedom to the 8GB+500MB plan two weeks ago. 😞

Tough luck? Any chance I can get the 8GB+4.5GB plan?

BarryS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@tehowennathe yes, it appears that way based on the article.  I was going by my interpretation of the offer details on the PM site, as I've copied below:

•  4.5 GB of data at 3G speed will be added to your plan each month for 24 months which provides a total of 108GB of bonus data. 
  • It will take up to 7 days for you to see the bonus data in your plan after you activate. 
  • If you change plans, you will lose your bonus 4.5 GB of data. 
  • If you leave Public Mobile less than 24 months after activation, you will not get access to a full 108 GB of bonus data. 

tehowennathe

@BarryS wrote:

@Psygineer the way I read this deal is that the extra 4.5 GB/month, spread over a 24 month period is the "100 GB Bonus" (even though 4.5 x 24 = 108).  I don't think you get both.  Unless I'm not interpereting this deal correctly (which is quite possible!!)?

This article https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/12/14/public-mobile-freedom-mobile-big-binge-bonus-50-12-5gb-100-gb-buc... shows they get 4.5 monthly bonus plus 100gb for 24 months. Once 24 months is up the 100GB is gone. Would seem they get both.

BarryS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Psygineer the way I read this deal is that the extra 4.5 GB/month, spread over a 24 month period is the "100 GB Bonus" (even though 4.5 x 24 = 108).  I don't think you get both.  Unless I'm not interpereting this deal correctly (which is quite possible!!)?

tehowennathe

If only somthing like this would become a limited time offer for existing customers.  Would be a good plan. 

ace065

Yes , I feel the same way to Smiley Happy

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Good to see PM compete with FM again 

Psygineer

That seems like a pretty nifty deal. That extra 4.5 GB a month not to mention the 100 GB extra addon. It would almost be worth leaving PM to Freedom then porting back. Almost!

Need Help? Let's chat.