cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plans and Pricing

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

So it looks like there is new data plans and new pricing.  3G data and bonus data plan and then LTE Plans.  Check out this thread https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Price-Difference-from-advertised-to-rea... where on the general plan page we get what we have been used to for plans but when people have ordered their sim and go to setup their plan they get this

new Plans.PNG

So if you want more data you can get the 3G speed 12GB plan plus 6GB Bonus for 18GB over 90 days.

This could bring over some who need more data and are ok with 3G but the price increase in the LTE is what worried me for the future.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

86 REPLIES 86

b777
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Even though I am on the 4gb promo plan, I am disappointed to see the massive price hike on the LTE plans with the introduction of 3G plans... The 6gb/90 day with province wide calling plan used to be something like 120 + taxes, so it came out to around 45 a month... now it's jumped to 180 + taxes which brings it to 67.8 a month? This is hardly a deal anymore and it's on par with all the other competitors, if not worse actually

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
I would say wait a bit until they make an official statement regarding the new promotion, because the calculator keeps on giving different numbers every time I refresh the page.

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wow.  Couldn't be more disappointed right now with the price-plan changes.  For myself, what was going to be province wide calling, text & 2 GB data for $38/month plan i was going to get is now $60/mth just to keep the same at LTE.  I understand things change but that's a bit of a stretch for someone days away from switching over.

@dragonfly wrote:

I like this plan (from the main page), but alas I can't actually switch to it. Obviously a mistake though... 90days, Talk, Text and 18GB of data for $50, or $16/month (with the $166 discount applied!) @CS_Agent will probably want to fix.

Capture.PNG

Fixed now showing $156

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

I see the standard $120 for 6gb over 90days  has gone up to $180.  Increase of $20 a month?!?!?!?

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

unfortunately it is fixed. 

@dragonfly . Chooooo, don't tell them XD.
Yeah it is one of those glitches that happen all the time when there is some modifications on the plans, ... I am a bit excited about seeing those plans . It is still weird from my perspective that 18 GB on 3G speed is almost the same price of 3 GB LTE

dragonfly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I like this plan (from the main page), but alas I can't actually switch to it. Obviously a mistake though... 90days, Talk, Text and 18GB of data for $50, or $16/month (with the $166 discount applied!) @CS_Agent will probably want to fix.

Capture.PNG

well all the new plans are on the main page, only a matter of time until an announcement 

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
We will wait and see what happens...

I still think of Freedom as having zones - If you're not in Metro Toronto, or otheer similar centres with the same coverage, you're not getting all you can get with Public.  Much the same as Chatr.

I don't travel to the major centres often, so I want the best I can get overall, wherever I am.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@xCameron94x I'm probably saying too much here, but don't worry about zones in this case.  But there's another key Chatr plans thing that will apply here that makes me think they're the target.  Shouldn't be hard to deduce what I'm talking about now....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren Trueeee! I forgot about chatr and their silly "in zone" and out of zone shanigians (even though I live near a chat r store).

Going to be interesting to see what Rogers does with that if customers start to leave.

srlawren

@zhadj030 right?!?!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
I am starting to wonder how do you guys see all of this . Seriously?

srlawren

@xCameron94x wrote:

Could also see it as another way to "attract more" Freedom Mobile customers. Those customers who are okay with 3G speed data, but want more reliability and a better connection to the network

@xCameron94x personally I think this one is aimed more at Chatr.  You will see why when the full announcement comes out later today.  Possibly also PM, but I suspect the bigger target in this case is Chatr.

Lol shazia whenever we see anything new or interesting we always have lots of question ready :p:)
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey guys! 

I'm sure you all have tons of questions!!!

Please stay tuned, not long to go 🙂

Cheers, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

mimmo

another curiosity what happens if I buy  teh 1gb data addon what speed is that at?

So I have a question about this, as I'm not strong on my 3G / 4G / LTE information.

I've seen both LTE, and H+ on my Nexus 5.  *IF* I were to switch to the new pricing for the LTE speeds, if I'm in an area where I don't get the LTE reception, would I fall back to the slower speed, or would I be without?

I imagine that there would be no way of getting the faster LTE speeds on the lower speed plan (just doesn't make sense), as I'm sure this is a cost thing.

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Still like old plan pricing, I moved from fm to pm because of 3g. So pm 3g plan I don't know if someone gonna liike it or not. If I have yo choose 3g then I would move from pm. There prices are the best if you ok with 3g and lte mixed speed. And few drop or dead zone.

johnb56789
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well, I can say that these rate increases do seem a bit steep, but thankfully all of my family has jumped from Virgin to Public before this increase. Everyone except me is on the 6GB/$120 4G plan before it jumped to $180, if that was the case, my family would not have moved over at $60/month for 4G data which I would say is sorta the standard now a days. Myself of course on the incredible 12GB/$120 4G, with all my extra discounts bringing it down to $99. Still decent value, but starting to scare me a little for those wanting to jump from another carrier

Did some of the math. The 4gb plan (the fall promo) now is about $75 a month. Fido has 5GB a month for $10 more, and that includes the fido roam, spotify premium and that new "free hour" of data. Alternativley virgin and koodo have 5GB of data for $85.

Yes with PM we have some rewards which do help lower the bill down. Data only plans are also options these days, where people can just use fongo or another app to call and text

But as @mimmo stated in the other post, that go to 2GB plan went up about $13. Hoping that those of us on pans wont see a drastic price increase. I doubt that it will increase but you never know. Welcome to Canadian Wireless Pricing

mimmo

most of the rates seem to be much more expencive now 😞

The pessamist in me wonders if PM was causing too many waves with their pricing (taking too many customers away from teluus and koodo) and this is how they were told to structure their plans  so they would not be a direct competitor.

these new plans refelect what I was told by a local sales rep, that Telus sees PM as a stepping stone into the postpaid brands  ie get hooked on PM then upgrade to koodo  when you need better service.

Could also see it as another way to "attract more" Freedom Mobile customers. Those customers who are okay with 3G speed data, but want more reliability and a better connection to the network

I would not know what to do with 18gb of data. I barely go through my 12GB. I use like 6GB over my 90 days. 

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
It's looks attractive but happy with 12gb lte plan 🙂
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.