cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plans and Pricing

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

So it looks like there is new data plans and new pricing.  3G data and bonus data plan and then LTE Plans.  Check out this thread https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Price-Difference-from-advertised-to-rea... where on the general plan page we get what we have been used to for plans but when people have ordered their sim and go to setup their plan they get this

new Plans.PNG

So if you want more data you can get the 3G speed 12GB plan plus 6GB Bonus for 18GB over 90 days.

This could bring over some who need more data and are ok with 3G but the price increase in the LTE is what worried me for the future.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

86 REPLIES 86

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MajorTalent wrote:

Sorry, I just got onto my notifications page and it made me wonder how to find out more about the available ranks and badges I can keep getting.

Also, got a private message from a "mexelupop" claiming "Hi there, I saw your profile over here, hope you would like to chat more. I sent you a message!"... That is a US Retail store site and I don't think I ever made, nor is it possible to make, a profile there. What can be done?

Thanks again, this feels great!

@MajorTalent

I just realized that no one has replied to your questions above.

Here are the ranks/titles:
Oracle
Mayor
Deputy Mayor
Town Hero
Model Citizen
Great Citizen
Good Citizen
Great Neighbour
New in Town
The ranks as far up as mayor are achieved based on a combination of time since joining, messages posted, and possibly solutions authored.  See here for a discussion of ranks.

Most of the ranks/titles such as model citizen, town hero, mayor, etc. are merely decorative and don't make a difference in your community reward, with the sole exception of oracle.  Your community rewards are based on your total contribution statistics such as topics started, replies made, bravos received, bravos given, solutions authored, solutions accepted, lab ideas posted, etc.  Only PM knows the formula by which these are all evaluated.

Similarly, most of the badges in your profile, such as 10 bravos given, 2 accepted solutions, 25 replies, etc. are simply activity milestone markers.  You should be able to see most of the available badges by clicking on the badges section in your profile.  The ones that have a date underneath are the ones you've earned already.  The only ones that matter for rewards are the contribution badges that indicate which level of reward you earned for the previous month, e.g. Top 50%, Top 25%, Top 5%, etc.  These will not be visible until you've earned them.  They are usually awarded between the 6th to 10th day following the month in question.  Around the same time (usually a day before the badges), the monetary reward will be credited to your PM self-serve account.

Finally, regarding the user who privately messaged spam to you, you can block any user if they start to bother you.  To do this, you would navigate to their user profile and click the "ignore" link under their "Contact Me" section.  The ignore link is invisible and will only appear when you hover over the empty space under that section.  (Similarly, the invisible "friend" link is just to the left of the ignore link.)

PublicMobileCommunity_IgnoreUser.jpg

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Probably like any other job by applying. But part of me feels like they aren't hiring at the moment. There are 15 mods currently. Id assume you need some knowledge in tech support and customer service and probably experience realted to the field

MajorTalent
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ok. So Oracle status is earned, but how do you get hired as a Mod?

SD08

@MajorTalent wrote:

Good to know. Now I'm more curious... how many Mods and Oracles do we have in total? And how do you beome either?

@MajorTalent

By my last count here, we currently have at least 15 moderators. There are currently 5 active oracles.

The oracles are those regular community members (customers like you and I) who have contributed consistently at a high level for a long time, among the top 0.1% of contributors over a year. 

Moderators are hired PM employees, so that's not a rank we can achieve through community participation.

MajorTalent

Sorry, I just got onto my notifications page and it made me wonder how to find out more about the available ranks and badges I can keep getting.

Also, got a private message from a "mexelupop" claiming "Hi there, I saw your profile over here, hope you would like to chat more. I sent you a message!"... That is a US Retail store site and I don't think I ever made, nor is it possible to make, a profile there. What can be done?

Thanks again, this feels great!

MajorTalent

Good to know. Now I'm more curious... how many Mods and Oracles do we have in total? And how do you beome either?

srlawren

@MajorTalent the community moderators (mods) are indeed paid Public Mobile support employees, with full access to the back end systems to administer your account and so forth.  The community oracles (such as myself) are the "just really helpful customers/volunteers" of which you speak.  Full disclosure: we do get a slightly higher community reward than the community population at large, but by the pennies per hour it works out to, you'd be hard-pressed to call us employees or paid.  Also, we have no access to any PM backend systems, no more than you or any other customer does.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

MajorTalent

Always wanted to know: are Mods paid employees or just really helpful customers/ volunteers?

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Koodo and Telus support name display now 

@PhoneSeeker wrote:

@shawnie_boy wrote:

Based on the new pricing structure and PM customer service model, there is now no reason for them not to have wifi calling volte and name display

From my understanding, only Rogers/Fido offer name display. Telus/Koodo only offer call display (phone numbers).

shawnie_boy

This is just crazy

my 12gb plan for 114 is now 219 for new customers (after auto pay). What is going on here?

$38/month vs. $73/month. I can get a rogers or telus plan though my corp for $73/month with slightly more data and a $900 phone subsity. This is a real bad sign for this company. I don't expect any new people to sign up for this. 

Im starting to wonder.. With all the targeting PM has done agaisnt its compeitors. I wonder if Fido/Virgin will do something to attract public mobile customers, and not offer a loyality offer this time around. Back to school season is slowly approaching, so it will be interesting to see what happens

Yes, i know it is probably a long shot, and current customers here might not see a price increase, but you never know. Im sure all the phone companies are watching what PM is doing and at least know some of the negative reviews towards these new plans. 

FYI, prices and plans comparison, I guess I should have posted it here, but hadn't seen this thread before...
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/did-the-old-plan-4G-LTE/m-p/169364/highli...

I fully realize existing customers a free to keep grandfathered price plans, but I seee the 3g data offers as weak.

Here's why:

The $156 for province-wide talk, text, and 18GB per 90 days is clearly aimed at Chatr customers.  I know that Chatr customers have a zone for those plans but those city-zones have gotten pretty large, while including Canada-wide (and calling to the U.S. for the $50 plan) for voice.  Also, Chatr customers don't need to sign up for a 90 day term to get the almost equivalent plan/pricing.

As for the new plans with LTE data:   I'm not impressed and think that this almost points to Public Mobile only expecting new customers to sign up for the 3g plans.  I think Public has priced themselves out of the game for the LTE, especially considering the self-serve model.

Also,  when it comes to 3g data plans, the speeds are up to 2.5Mbps.  That's clearlly an artificial throttle.  Thesse plans are so Chatr-like that I almost expected unlimited 3g data to be offered soon (that's speculation), which I at least to me, would make the 3g option more attractive.

I'm not feeling it, but that's just my opinion. 

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren wrote:

@shawnie_boy yeah.  I'm starting to think this might be fallout from Telus "fixing" the accidental throttling that used to impact PM customers until recently.  I'm thinking all of a sudden a lot more bandwidth started getting used up at the expense of the higher revenue Telus/Koodo (and Bell&brands as well) subscribers once the "bug" was fixed.  So now they want to incentivize new subscribers to limit to 2.5Mbps to reduce that impact, while charging new full-speed subscribers a premium for it.

@srlawren Sorry you can blame my OnePlus 5 LTE advanced speedtests lol

PhoneSeeker

@shawnie_boy wrote:

Based on the new pricing structure and PM customer service model, there is now no reason for them not to have wifi calling volte and name display

From my understanding, only Rogers/Fido offer name display. Telus/Koodo only offer call display (phone numbers).

@mimmo wrote:

@IWIK wrote:
It was hard enough to explain 90 days plans and the support structure to potential referrals. Now all this...

I dont think i will be getting many referrals now 😞

It is more like: I don't think I will ever mention PM fom now on.

mimmo

@IWIK wrote:
It was hard enough to explain 90 days plans and the support structure to potential referrals. Now all this...

I dont think i will be getting many referrals now 😞

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

mimmo

if its a flop the it doen't cost them much to change plans and come up with a new idea.

Personally i think they were taking too many customers away from koodo and telus so they are now competing with chatr and not the main brands.

ryanwoo
They will not get any new customers for sure. I am wondering what they are really thinking. What do they expect from this even called "limited time offer"

mimmo

@zhadj030 wrote:
Honestly can't see PM going anywhere with those prices, I can already see 5he forum emptied of new discussions, I am not sure what is Telus thinking. Also @mimmo what does value brand mean.

on the bright side reaching the 5% reward in the forum might be easier.

as for value brand  the context was sorry Telus is a premium brand and we can not compete with PM as it is a value brand. i guess you can think of it as Supestores no name brand or walmarts Great Value brand.  but in this case is pay less, get less.

I think what they might be trying to do with this 3g thing  is to get "entry level" customers into PM and when they need something more encourage them to go to Koodo.

@srlawren , it sounds like a very good theory, if it is then this is just not a reaction, this looks more like a punishment or a crackdown.

Honestly can't see PM going anywhere with those prices, I can already see 5he forum emptied of new discussions, I am not sure what is Telus thinking. Also @mimmo what does value brand mean.

shawnie_boy

It's quite weird they had such a crazy deal  for freedom mobile customers and then they switch to this. 

srlawren

@shawnie_boy yeah.  I'm starting to think this might be fallout from Telus "fixing" the accidental throttling that used to impact PM customers until recently.  I'm thinking all of a sudden a lot more bandwidth started getting used up at the expense of the higher revenue Telus/Koodo (and Bell&brands as well) subscribers once the "bug" was fixed.  So now they want to incentivize new subscribers to limit to 2.5Mbps to reduce that impact, while charging new full-speed subscribers a premium for it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

shawnie_boy

Ya less active forum since there won't be any new subscribers. I guess Telus figured what the hell are they doing offering same service and not just 3g

mimmo

I will be curious to see how active the forum will be, likley a lot less people with issues Only time will tell.

Chatr seems to be doing ok with its model(its even being sold in some rogers stores)  who knows we might now see PM in Koodo or Telus stores since they are not really compeating with the same products 3g vs 4g.

PM has now really become a "value brand" as Telus person once mentioned to me,

You should message a mod about that issue

Given what the new prices are, i can easilly recommend other companies now like fido. Its basically the same price, and you get phone/store support and what i think is a better roaming option 

jermy19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is pretty unfortunate.

My PM service just started today. I realized that I selected my plan wrong (CAN and US calling instead of Provincial). I was hoping to fix that during my next renewal.

Does anyone think PM would honor this?

My plan should cost $120/90days (had I chose it correctly - provincial, text, 6GB data). If I am forced to switch to the new pricing, I would need to pay $180/90days for the same service!

Need Help? Let's chat.