cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plan pricing seems cheaper than existing plan

Suzielou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New to Community

Just went onto my account and noticed that there are new plans being offered. I am currently on $120/90 day Canada wide talk, worlwide text and 3gb data. When I go to create your own plan the same comes up at $105. Did the prices go down? How do I go about changing my plan then? I just auto renewed on Nov 13th. Can I change plan now or do I have to wait til Feb?

4 REPLIES 4

Suzielou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the info!

Price comparison if you need it 😉 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Public-Mobile-Pricing/m-p/298268/hi...

@Someone_here wrote:

New pricing table 🙂

I changed the design a little bit, I think it makes it easier to compare...

Enjoy!

PM price chart nov 21 2018.png

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Suzielou wrote:

New to Community

Just went onto my account and noticed that there are new plans being offered. I am currently on $120/90 day Canada wide talk, worlwide text and 3gb data. When I go to create your own plan the same comes up at $105. Did the prices go down? How do I go about changing my plan then? I just auto renewed on Nov 13th. Can I change plan now or do I have to wait til Feb?

@SuzielouSometimes prices go up, sometimes prices go down. This is one of those times it went down. Its one of the biggest events of the year (black friday) so this is when the price should go down.

Log into your account, select the plan you want and hit "change at renewal" so you will "lock" in that plan as your own. No point to "change plan now" as it will cost you a lot since you just renewd.

The price went down by $15 which you have already paid. If you change plan now you will lose over $100. If you change plan "at next renewal" you will only save $15 for each 90 days going forward.

Save money, or spend money for the same thing.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Suzielou

Probably the cheapest and easiest way is to change plans (to lower cost plan) at the next renewal date.  If you change immediately, you usually will forfeit the remaining amount in your plan which you just renewed.  

The prices have gone down for certain plans to remain competitive with the rest of the tier 3 mobile companies.  

Need Help? Let's chat.