cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plan Expired???

yogababe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan has changed from $90 90 days (1GB) to $120 90 days (12GB) yesterday, and received SMS confirmed that payment is through.  I just checked into the plan detail, and see this:

Pick & Pay

• This plan includes: -
  • - 12GB Data
  • - Expired
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

Can anyone explain what it means by Expired???

29 REPLIES 29

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
For the most part lol
So you didn't lose any services during this time. This is the same process we all go through during the renewal process

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

For the most part, I continued to receive service and the issue appears to have resolved itself. Which @srlawren has mentioned can be read on this other threat.

srlawren

@danielj your reply isn't 100% clear:  did your services stop working?  If so, then send a private message to the moderator team now using this link and they can assist.  If things are still working, then check your account again in the morning and it should correctly show "Active" again.  We agree this is a confusing implementation and have been begging PM to fix this for at least 1.5 yrs to no avail, but it does actually work, despite looking scary.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

danielj

Unfortunately, it technically did not autorenewed properly today as it should not glitch out in the first place to cause the confusion and concern. But instead should operate smoothly and effectively. The company knows what they price are, what the prices have been and what they are going to be changed to. The Grandfathered accounts should be automatic and should not have a delay. But yes it appears that my accounts have corrected itself sometime during the day.

Rockdaddy22
That's the normal process for a plan renewal. Unfortunately it causes confusion and concern, but has no real effect. I assume your account renewed properly today?

danielj

My plan is not a promotional plan. That is not the only issue. The issue appears to be how the deal with the updates to the plans and billing system and how the deal with the next set of autopays. The systems tend to glitch and takes too long to figure out grandfathered plans.

Rockdaddy22
Just be patient, all will be fine by the afternoon. I tell people to avoid looking at their self serve on the night of the renewal. To stressful lol

danielj

My $90 for 90-day plan (1GB Data, Unlimited Canada-wide Text, Unlimited Provincial Talk), appears to have a similar issue. I have my account on autopay. The autopay appears to have created $90 of funds to be available to my plan to use by has not been used. My account shows that my "Plan Expired" and "Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan." I have at least $90 of Credit on my account that should be used to pay my plan off that has not been properly charged to my account.

Rockdaddy22
Lol 😝

yogababe

Hi @Saray_O,

Thank you for checking into my question, now we've an official answer of why we see Expired under our new plan. Thanks.Heart

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @yogababe!

The "Expired" tag you see on your account corresponds to the (now) expired discount of the promo plan, don't worry 😄 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

deljo_agtor
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@DomS wrote:
Opposite problem here, my plan shows expired but I only have access to calling and SMS, no Data.

Trade ya!

DomS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Opposite problem here, my plan shows expired but I only have access to calling and SMS, no Data.

deljo_agtor
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My plan shows as expired but I only have access to MMS texts and Data.  No calling (in/out) and no SMS (in/out)

@yogababe I had mentioned this on another thread but I have a strong suspicion the "expired" tag is what gets you the extra account credit for promo in billing system

Once the regular $186 plan is changed I suspect it will be labelled as grandfathered same as all other plans have been

May be because this promo plan is now expired so they just labeled it as expired. 

@Jeremy_M or @Brooke_C can look into it and fix it so no one else get confused.

yogababe

When my old plan $90 (1GB) no longer available, it shows "Grandfathered" on my account all these months.  This promo is "Expired" due to it's a special promo, not a regular plan???

Rockdaddy22
I'm not in the new plan yet, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it with a couple people. It's not a problem

Rockdaddy22
I'm pretty sure it's the promo plan, that's why it's under plan details or whatever

yogababe

My account isn't expired as of this minute, it's ACTIVE.  I understand how the renewal process is running, so my payment went through on Nov 24th, and my account is back to normal. It's just this new Expired is listed on my plan, I just want to know why it's there.  Hope one of the mods can clarify for us to make sure.  Do you guys have this sitting on your account?

@yogababe wrote:

Actually my account is suspended at Nov 24 midnight, and it's now back to normal.  That's why I'm checking to make sure everything is there as it should me. So this Expired is there after the payment went through, and the account is refreshed back to active.  So we can't explain why the Expired is there, unless it's a system flaw.

Yes its the system flow as i explained earlier. It just way their system works in order to get the payment and renew the plan. All this happens overnight and temporarily changes account status to Expired.

yogababe

Actually my account is suspended at Nov 24 midnight, and it's now back to normal.  That's why I'm checking to make sure everything is there as it should me. So this Expired is there after the payment went through, and the account is refreshed back to active.  So we can't explain why the Expired is there, unless it's a system flaw.

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
I actually can't believe it did change lol

Yes its a good sign. Now we know that issues unlikely to occur during promo plan change.

Thanks @yogababe for letting us know 🙂

Rockdaddy22
I actually can't believe it did change lol

@yogababe That is the process of renewal. The night before renewal, system takes the payment and changes the requested plan, but temporarily puts status into Expired. Check in the morning and all should be good.

Consider yourself as one of the lucky one as your plan changed and renewed with no issues 🙂

Rockdaddy22
I wouldn't worry about it 🙂

yogababe

Yes, everything is working, I can receive call, SMS and data is running. My credit card is charged on Nov 24th, and received confirmation too.  I'm just checking to make sure everything is there after the plan has changed upon renewal.  Hope it really meant the promo has expired, not my account. Thanks.

Here is the post with some explanation: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs-...

I assume today is your renewal day?

Rockdaddy22
Don't worry about that, it's just that the promo is expired I believe. It won't affect you. Do all your services work properly?
Need Help? Let's chat.