cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Messaging Alert - "This may produce fees"

elpa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello to the Public Mobile Community!,

I've been a customer for some time and its been a pretty good experience.  I have text, data and minutes included. 

Today, my Vet rolled out a new text confirmation system for their appointments where they send you a message and you just respond "C" to confirm.  When I tried to do this I received the following message:

"Messaging would like to send a message to 551442. 

This may produce fees."

Although its not my first time seeing a text confirmation request, I've never seen a message like this before.  I checked with my Vet and they say I shouldn't see a charge for this message.  Has anyone else seen messages like this ?  Do you know what/ if any fees apply ?

Thank you

elpa

9 REPLIES 9

It's a default Android warning when texting to short codes. PM will not charge you for these types of messages.

@elpa lol okSmiley LOL

elpa

Thank you so much @iliketotalk and @Alex888.  I appreciate it.

PS. Serena is my dogs name. Smiley Very Happy

@elpa yea don't worry it's no problem you won't be charged anything Smiley Very Happyalso be careful putting your name on here remember this is a public forum

@elpa PM doesn't charge extra fees for anything so you can ignore the warning Smiley Very Happy

elpa

@Alex888  you are probably right but I've been a customer for a while and I've never seen anything like this before.  So I thought I would check it out.

elpa

Hi @iliketotalk 

Thank you for the quick follow up.  The message wasn't actually part of the original text.  When I responded "C" to confirm, it prompted a pop-up which asked what I wanted to do.  See attached.

message.png

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@elpa Ignore it, you will never be charged fees with Public Mobile. If something is included in your plan you can use it, if it's not included you can't use it. It's probably a standard warning your phone gives.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@elpa you will not be charged any extra fees for anything this is a pre paid service some texts have that little blurb added on the end of texts for other providers not for PM

Need Help? Let's chat.