cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Freedom Plan $99/year - would be a great fit here at PM

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Freedom Mobile has just released a new prepaid plan

Unlimited Cda wide calling, Unlimited text/MMS text - no data - $99/year prepaid. This will apparently work throughout Canada, even outside the Freedom 'Zone'.

That would be a great fit for PM. Especially if you include all of the add-on available here that you  may periodically need.

45 REPLIES 45

Freedoms coverage will never come close to public mobiles and since my $10 plan is free.... freedom will never be able to match the price....ever!

Teeee51
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Or until we start porting out to freedom because of this plan...

I do not see pm matching this plan....if theyre not going to bring back the $10 50/50 plan they won't be matching this plan from freedom. I have a feeling once you are locked in for a year you will discover the roaming is quite limited. Only good for someone with a proven strong signal that doesn't move  around a lot.

Teeee51
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was just going to ask if Public Mobile will be matching this plan, looks very good. 

scorpio17
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you do not need any mobile data... maybe it is not a bad deal. 

I used Freedom Mobile in Toronto Region and have some connection issues, especially inside buildings.

Do you really want to stay with them whole year or you ok with possible loosing 99$? It is better to start with month plans.

This does seem like a pretty good deal depending on the reach of their roaming....and does it extend to the data add ons. It would really depend on their roamingservice outside of the few major centres they service. Definetly a good deal for people who stay in one place most of the time.

Doesn’t really seem like so much of a screaming deal. When I moved my wife’s account to PM it was from a Telus prepaid account that was $100/year with 500 minutes a month of calling. Texting was a $5/month add on and no data included of course. It probably wasn’t Canada wide calling either but wasn’t a big deal as we rarely call anyone out of the area anyway. I’m sure freedom doesn’t have near the coverage of the other three carriers.

AE_Collector

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Freedom's data add-on is for 30days. If you dont use it up its gone after 30 days. That is why I like PM data add-on. if you dont use the all of the add-on, the balance rolls over until  completely used up with PM. That is what I like about PM.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@smp99 wrote:

Freedom Mobile has just released a new prepaid plan

Unlimited Cda wide calling, Unlimited text/MMS text - no data - $99/year prepaid. This will apparently work throughout Canada, even outside the Freedom 'Zone'.

That would be a great fit for PM. Especially if you include all of the add-on available here that you  may periodically need.

@smp99  That actually sounds like a really good deal from Freedom Mobile, especially if it includes the unlimited calling/texting without roaming charges outside their network, and it certainly is good for their customers with the current COVID-19 situation. 

But I don't see PM offering something similar for now.   Many of the long term users here often mention that PM only seem to be interested in competing with either Lucky Mobile or Chatr. 

I would also think any promos may be on hold/delayed for now given the current circumstances too.

smp99

Just go to main landing page and scroll towards the bottom.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I don't see it on their site

Edit

Ok found it, prepaid plans are not so easy to find there, but they advertise it (I go for menu i never even look at ads)

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Great deal

I wander how is their Canada roaming now. 

This would be perfect for some of your older customers who don't require data. 

zblackma

Thank you @smp99 great deal. Thanks for pointing this out to us. You can also add a gig of data for a month if needed for $15. Something like this would be a great fit here.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

That is a very nice deal

Need Help? Let's chat.