cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prairiedogbob
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: New Feb 16, 2021 Plans (with Province-wide minutes)

Well this just sticks in my craw! I had a plan change scheduled and when my auto-pay failed my scheduled change failed. I now I can't switch it back to the $15 plan with Canada wide calling. I have a ticket into the moderators but I don't know what else to do I'm certainly not going to reactivate my account to get less than what I had originally wanted and the plans page still says the old plan on the main page I don't get this? This is some false advertising at least give me the ability to still get that plan while it's still up there!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

i guess personally, i don't really call outside my province a lot... or pretty much none, so, it's not really affecting me.

But I still think  it's not a wise move to take away things and not giving anything back, they can easily increase a bit of data  to make it look nice.

Since pandemic, there has been lots of promotion other providers (eg, Fido $35/4GB/Canada calling ; Bell  $40/6GB Canada Calling) Yes, those are just short team promotion (like Black Fridays weekend only) But  some PM plans are now not competitive at all and they can easily lost customers that way.   

I see people are already frustrated with activation issues and lack of customer support (honest, opening a ticket and waited a day or 2 is not the customer support you want. ).. and now they take away further.... 

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think the "3G" plans (better known as LTE lite) were always 2.5mbps, but just that people got 3mbps out of it when connected to LTE anyways.

This looks like quite a bit of a nerf for every single plan....  except the $15 one?  They used to offer 250MB of data as the autopay bonus but it seems like now there's 250MB data within the plan and 250MB data bonus with autopay.

I mean, I don't mind losing Canada-wide minutes if I get Province-wide ones anyways, if that means I get 0.5GB instead of 0.25GB of data.  I have free Canada-wide minutes almost completely untouched so I can use those on the rare occasion of dialing a long distance number or when I exceed my allowance (which happens more often).

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@SomeFriend wrote:

I don't mind losing Canada-wide minutes if I get Province-wide ones anyways, if that means I get 0.5GB instead of 0.25GB of data.  I have free Canada-wide minutes almost completely untouched 

I guess Fongo or TextNow will have some new subscribers from PM --  for those who needs to call Canada Wide  🙂

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wow. Well. We're going to have to wait and see if the rest of the rumor is true. I wonder if the 5$ LTO is true, and the 5$ price increase. We will wait and see.

I'm glad I got all my activations in. I dont think I'll see another one. PM may have just lost my buisness for new activations.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BearFBI wrote:

Wow. Well. We're going to have to wait and see if the rest of the rumor is true. I wonder if the 5$ LTO is true, and the 5$ price increase. We will wait and see.

I'm glad I got all my activations in. I dont think I'll see another one. PM may have just lost my buisness for new activations.

@BearFBI Who's going to activate another plan?  Bad move Public!

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

I am showing all the old plans with Canada wide talk on their Plans page. No sign of the new ones. It allows me to select them as well. In my self serve it shows both plans (I am on the $15 plan) and will allow me to go through with whatever selection I make. See pics....

Edit: I guess showing both in self serve is the pre curser to removing the old ones. Any way to find out definitively that we are "grandfathered" in? Still interesting that you can sign up for the old ones as a new customer.

I see now that these have disappeared or rather they have been changed to reflect a sale for the same price lol.

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 8.45.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 8.44.19 AM.png

@SomeFriend wrote:

I think the "3G" plans (better known as LTE lite) were always 2.5mbps, but just that people got 3mbps out of it when connected to LTE anyways.

I don't have test results from the actual 3g plan trial, but I think that @Luddite be able to provide some insight on the original performance results.

As for the actual documented speed, the 2.5Mbps speed quote earlier is outdated information that was never updated. Originally, the 3g plan speeds were advertised as 2.5Mbps, but that number was later updated to 3Mbps. 

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kb_mv

I see the same under the new plans when logged into my account page under Change Plan.  Only change I see is the $15/m plan changed from 100 Nation Wide minutes to 100 Provincial minutes.  The other plans are still National calling plans or Provincial calling plans for the same price, which is strange.  Why would someone opt for unlimited Provincial wide calling when they can get unlimited National calling for the same cost?  

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@dlambro wrote:

@kb_mv

I see the same under the new plans when logged into my account page under Change Plan.  Only change I see is the $15/m plan changed from 100 Nation Wide minutes to 100 Provincial minutes.  The other plans are still National calling plans or Provincial calling plans for the same price, which is strange.  Why would someone opt for unlimited Provincial wide calling when they can get unlimited National calling for the same cost?  

@dlambro I just made an edit to that post. I assume they are getting ready to remove the Canada wide calling options. If I was considering an upgrade this would be the time to do it before these soon to be legacy plans disappear.

Need Help? Let's chat.