cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

Re: The new Feb 16, 2021 Plans! (including Province-Wide calling)

@Nezgar wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

It appears all plans are on sale for $5 off and INCLUDE Canada Wide and USA calls on the $50 plan. No sale on the $15 plan. Is the $5 off price just the old price........basically announcing a $5 increase when sale is over. I assume this is set up to allow current customers to change plans?

It looks like the "old" $15 plan that included canada-wide 100 minutes is now gone & unavailable to switch to, or for new signups. If you want a $15 plan, best to immediately compliment it with a $5 canada-wide long distance add-on...

@Nezgar as I understand it, my $15 Canada wide plans that I am on now will be honored going forward? I think?

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Feb 16, 2021 Plans (with Province-wide minutes)

@kb_mv wrote:

@dlambro I just made an edit to that post. I assume they are getting ready to remove the Canada wide calling options. If I was considering an upgrade this would be the time to do it before these soon to be legacy plans disappear.

Of course for the time being at the same price, you would choose the canada-wide option. But since the old pricing of the canada-wide plans are now declared "sale" prices "for a limited time, we’re offering our Canada-wide plans at a $5 discount." that means that all canada-wide plans will increase by $5 at some point in the future.

Promoting these plans as "limited time"/"on sale" for $5 less would imply that if you choose a plan now you will retain/lock in that plan (grandfathered) as long as you keep it and don't change it...

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Feb 16, 2021 Plans (with Province-wide minutes)

Grandfathering has been with us since the Fall 2016 debacle. I highly doubt they would change their practice. I'm still on the $10 plan x3.

Reserving a plan on a LTO has also been with us for as long as I can remember. If it had been selected when available and set for next renewal...it's yours...even if that happens after the expiry of the LT.

But of course as with everything from any corporation...subject to change at any time...although as darlicious is arguing...with notice. Is this notice?

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS wrote:

Province-wide calling means you can make outgoing calls to any number within your home province. Plus, you’ll receive all incoming calls from across Canada regardless of the province they’re from. Outgoing calls to a number outside of your home province will require a Long Distance add-on. If you’re travelling to another province, you can make outgoing calls to any number within that province while you’re there, but you won’t be able to call your home province. You’ll still receive unlimited incoming calls. To call your home province while traveling, you will need a Long Distance add-on.

I can imagine the forum posts with people confused why they can't make calls to numbers in their home province that they "call all the time" when they travel to another province that start failing without a long-distance add on, yet confused because incoming calls still work.

It would be swell if PM could send a courtesy text when the network detects traveling to another province.... Similar to how networks send this when roaming into another country... something like:

"Welcome to $currentprovince! Your current plan includes unlimited incoming and outgoing calls within $curentprovince, but calls to the rest of Canada including $homeprovince will require a long-distance add on. Visit Selfserve or call 611 to add."

ps: heh I just learned "traveling" is apparently USA spelling, and should be spelled "travelling" by us Canadians. 🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle

PM offered Provincial only calling plans the past, that is what the Fall Promo of 2016 is.  I think I still have 100 of my 200 original long distance minutes purchased from Nov 2016.  I didn't switch to a Canada Wide when they came around, I don't need it and the add-ons work out perfectly for me.  I wonder how many people this will truly affect.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

PM offered Provincial only calling plans the past, that is what the Fall Promo of 2016 is.  I think I still have 100 of my 200 original long distance minutes purchased from Nov 2016.  I didn't switch to a Canada Wide when they came around, I don't need it and the add-ons work out perfectly for me.  I wonder how many people this will truly affect.  

Yeah, anyone choosing plans going forward who makes less than 500 minutes of out-of-province calling per cycle should hopefully be astute enough to realize that paying $5 less on the plan, and adding the $5 add-on that never expires is a much smarter setup. This will likely become a common recommendation on the forums...

I myself have accumulated a lot of minutes over the last 1.5 years or so from various holiday and other promos that will last me a lifetime at this point, even if I did switch to a province wide plan: 1500 Canada wide minutes, plus another 900 international minutes that include Canada if the first bucket ever gets depleted...

Need Help? Let's chat.