cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account not working !

felix8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys,

I have activated my account last night and ported my number in from koodo. However it is still not working and says I have 27 dollars bucks in my account. (I signed up for the 25 dollar plan.) What do I need to do ?

Thanks in advance

16 REPLIES 16

felix8

I tried calling the number again and it says 62t3 number not in service

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@felix8 wrote:

Tried the lost stolen method and removing and putting the sim card back in and also restarting the phone ofc.

Since that didn't work, I would leave it for now and let the mods handle it.  They're working away at the queue of messages as they came in, so another message is not necessary.  

felix8

Tried the lost stolen method and removing and putting the sim card back in and also restarting the phone ofc.

Pizzaeh

@felix8 wrote:

I noticed now when I click my plan tab, it gives me an error instead. And when I look at the tab of rewards breakdown it's 0 dollars.

Hi @felix8 , can you update us on what you've tried/done since the last post?

felix8

I already pmed one mod... Do I need to pm a few more or do they normally respond to these threads?

felix8

I noticed now when I click my plan tab, it gives me an error instead. And when I look at the tab of rewards breakdown it's 0 dollars.

Pizzaeh

@felix8 wrote:

So I should say the phone is stolen and then recover it ? It won't lock my sim?

While waiting for mods to reply back, here are a few posts with things to try....

See this post by @Lieux explaining the lost/stolen setting....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/SIM-not-working/m-p/336158?advanced=f...

...or another idea from @Anonymous about adding $1...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Plan-cycle-wouldn-t-restart-after-paying-tried-suspend-phone/m-p/333401?advanced=false&collapse_discussion=true&filter=location&location=category:Public_Mobile_Community&q=lost%20stolen%20trick&search_type=thread

felix8

So I should say the phone is stolen and then recover it ? It won't lock my sim?

Pizzaeh

@felix8 wrote:

Account is active for sure!

Did you try the los/stolen trick?

felix8

Account is active for sure!

Pizzaeh

@felix8 wrote:

Hey, the phone cannot send or receive calls/txt/data. Since my account since had 27 bux available I think it's something wrong with the activation. Maybe it's me maybe it's the system.

From what I've read, even if it's a stuck port, you would still be able to make calls from the Public Mobile SIM/number.  Definitely send a message to the mods - they will get back to you within 48hrs.

In the meantime, when you log into your account, what do you see?  Account Status: Active?

felix8

Hey, the phone cannot send or receive calls/txt/data. Since my account since had 27 bux available I think it's something wrong with the activation. Maybe it's me maybe it's the system.

@felix8 If the old SIM isn't working then the port is probably stuck, you will need to contact a moderator.

felix8

Hi Alex, thanks for your quick reply. It's a postpaid account, funny since I did 2 at the same time and one works and one doesn't. I am in limbo since the old sim stopped working. I even logged in to koodo and see the account has no lines associated with it anymore.

Pizzaeh

@felix8 wrote:

Hey guys,

I have activated my account last night and ported my number in from koodo. However it is still not working and says I have 27 dollars bucks in my account. (I signed up for the 25 dollar plan.) What do I need to do ?

Thanks in advance

When you say 'not working', is that making/receiving calls, sending/receiving texts, using data?

If you ported in a postpaid number from Koodo, the port may still be in progress.  I would send a message to the mods to take a look; it may be a stuck port.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@felix8If you are moving from a Koodo prepaid account you will have to contact a moderator to complete the port, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
If you are moving from a Koodo postpaid account check your Koodo SIM and see if it still works. If it works keep using it until it stops then switch it with your Public Mobil SIM and restart your phone. It should be working then.

As the money hasn't been taken from your account yet the phone number probably hasn't been ported.

If you are currently in Quebec there is a problem with service outages right now, there hasn't been any official word on when it will be fixed.

Need Help? Let's chat.