cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 4G LTE Data 30 day plan

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

There's a new plan 'featured' on the Ontario English plan page for 600MB LTE Data only.

Is this legit?  I can't make the plan happen in the plan builder from the same page.Untitled.png

19 REPLIES 19

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So this PM plan isn't even a deal when when compared to the big 3. Clearly they don't want to sign many people up on this plan.

Rogers is proposing to the CRTC a $25 for 400MB data-only plan and Bell and Telus are proposing a $30 for 500MB data-only plan.

Public Mobile's repsonse to all this appears to be this $35 for 600MB.

From a Mobilesyrup internview discussing the $25 and $30 plan mentioned above:  “These plans suck” — Laura Tribe, OpenMedia

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/04/25/rogers-bell-telus-consumer-advocacy-response/

These "low cost" plans are completely ridiculous...!

@jp2 wrote:

You could just activate a sim on the $10/month plan, purchase 1Gb add ons for $30 and be paying less per mb??? 

PM you messed up?!? 

Or pay $30 ($28 with autopay) for unlimited Canada-wide+text+500mo (3G)

Or pay $35 ($33 with autopay) for unlimited Canada-wide+text+1000mo (3G) 

Or pay $35 ($33 with autopay) for unlimited Province-wide+text+500mo (LTE) ...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Unfortuantely, it looks like plans like this are what the big 3 have in mind for low-cost data-only approaches.  In fact, Telus highlight this very [and very awful] plan when mentioning their suggestions.  Here is all the deets:  https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/04/25/google-fi-rogers-bell-telus-crtc-low-cost-data-only-plans/

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@LEGO, so you are misundersanding me... I can not make the exact plan with 600 MB... what if I do not want only 500 MB, but truly want 600?

You need to read everything.

jp2

@mimmo wrote:

@jp2 wrote:

You could just activate a sim on the $10/month plan, purchase 1Gb add ons for $30 and be paying less per mb??? 

PM you messed up?!? 

the nice thing about going this  route is if you dont use up the data in the 30 days then carries forward till used up.

Not to mention you get some calling, some texting, and it's cheaper per Gb 

mimmo

@jp2 wrote:

PM you messed up?!? 

the nice thing about going this  route is if you dont use up the data in the 30 days then carries forward till used up.

jp2

PM you messed up?!? 

This plan and the 250 meg 3G plan are intended as stand alone plans, not to be combined with calling/texting. 

I too do not understand the thinking behind these offers. Robot Indifferent

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

LEGO

@stonechucker wrote:

I have to disagree with you @LEGO.  There is no way to select 660MB from the plan selection page, note I haven’t looked at the one inside self serve yet,

You misunderstood my post! Read this part only: You can build it, but only with 500 mb of 4G LTE speed.

I have to disagree with you @LEGO.  There is no way to select 660MB from the plan selection page, note I haven’t looked at the one inside self serve yet,

So far, when you click through the link on the feature plan, you are given an activate now or similar button.

off to look inside self serve.

srlawren

@mimmo wrote:

maybe they forgot a 0  and it should be 6000 MB

One would hope so.....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

maybe they forgot a 0  and it should be 6000 MB

srlawren

Yep, that is downright awful.  At $35 for 600MB, that's $58.33 per GB.  Yikes.  Compare that to Fido's tablet plan of 3GB for $15, which is $5 / GB, for full speed LTE data as well.  What the heck?

[Yes, I realize it's not an apples to organges comparison since technically that tablet plan is only available if you already have another post-paid fido line on the account, but some have had success getting it stand-alone.]

@Acekiller wrote:

Am i missing something? that seems awefully expensive?

The pricing is terribe.  If that's the "featured" plan, I don't even know what to say.  Why in the world anyone would want this plan is beyond me.  I believe the provincial calling, texting, and 500MB LTE plan or the Canada-wide, texts, and 1GB 3g data would be much better.

This 600MB for $35 is "big 3"-type pricing.  Maybe, this was supposed to be 6GB LTE data for $35?  I'm confused to say the least why such a bad plan would be introduced.

Acekiller

Am i missing something? that seems awefully expensive?

LEGO

No it is not just for new customers, you may have it at your next renewal.

So I guess new activations only (again).

LEGO

It is legit; otherwise you would not be able to see it. Smiley Wink
You can build it, but only with 500 mb of 4G LTE speed. With this promotion plan you would get an extra 100 mb of data.

Need Help? Let's chat.