cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need unlimited data ASAP

Sukalee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello what should I do to max up my data plan ?

I am interested for a unlimited data plan ( 50 G0 min at 3G  or 4G).

Is it possible to have a custom made plan with that kind of unlimited data ?

I will be ready to pay the price.

Right now Public mobile  is offering me 12G0 for 60 $. 

I do really need more data.

Thank you.

29 REPLIES 29

Scooter2shoes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I agree that we (public mobile users) need an unlimited data option. But for anybody thinking about switching to freedom, check to make sure you are in their teeny, tiny home network area, otherwise you will be charged data roaming fees for using towers that are not owned by freedom!!! 

pierre5555berge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

"Freedom mobile" has unlimited data if u need it. It like 60$/mo affter u pass your GB it just slow down but continue. no over fee.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sukalee wrote:

Actually both, music and video. 

I have a subscription with Youtube music not you tube. 

But the music doesn’t use too much of my data. It’s mostly the video I’m on most of the time. 

Some video are live video for educational purposes. 

Thanks

@Sukalee the difference between a YouTube Music Premium subscription cost and a YouTube Premium subscription (which also includes YT Music Premium!) is pretty small--I believe it's around $2-3 more per month.  It might still be worth your while.  As for live videos, those are (almost? always?) available any time after, and you can download them then.  Unless you absolutely have to watch them as they are being streamed, you could still catch them shortly later in the day without using any mobile data.  Just some food for thought.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Sukalee

Actually both, music and video. 

I have a subscription with Youtube music not you tube. 

But the music doesn’t use too much of my data. It’s mostly the video I’m on most of the time. 

Some video are live video for educational purposes. 

Thanks

Sukalee

No worries my friend, if am here is to seek for help and found a solution. 

I appreciate the time you’re taking to educate me on how to better maximize my data use. 

Thank you very much. 

I will take it in consideration. 

srlawren

@Sukalee wrote:

I spend at least 12 hours  in my car while working 6/7 days.

Yes I do a lot of streaming and most of the time I’m not in a wifi zone. 

With what I have right now I’m generally out after 15 days. And then I have to use the add on. 

That’s why I am looking to get more data plan 😳

@Sukalee so, the majority of your usage is streaming?  Many services do let you download while on a WiFi network, for offline playback later when you're not.  Netflix includes this on most content.  I don't recall about Crave and Amazon Prime.  YouTube does if you pay for a Premium subscription--which at $14/month is cheaper than buying more mobile data and also takes away all the ads and gives you access to YouTube Music premium.  Spotify at least if you go Premium--and again, much cheaper than buying more data--lets you download music for offline playback, as do most/all of the music streaming services IIRC.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but I'm just saying there might be alternatives to the way you're using your mobile data today that can save you quite a bit of money every month.

Out of curiosity, what service(s) do you mostly stream from?  Is it mostly music or video or both?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@SukaleePhone prices is semi related to population and population density. The only place you want to get European prices is move to Europe.

Johnnytheman

maybe you should open two account with two different phone

Sukalee

I spend at least 12 hours  in my car while working 6/7 days.

Yes I do a lot of streaming and most of the time I’m not in a wifi zone. 

With what I have right now I’m generally out after 15 days. And then I have to use the add on. 

That’s why I am looking to get more data plan 😳

Sukalee

Thank you so much 😊. That will be so far my best option. 

I checked in Europe,  they do have some good plan that I can use here without extra rooming changes. 

Free mobile  ( 19 euro for 25Go).

Sukalee

Thank you for the tips. I’ll check around my network if I can found with someone who are able to sign me up. 

srlawren

@GinYVR wrote:

@SukaleeIf you want unlimited data and for about $60-70.. Find someone who works for large corporations (eg Banks, school boards, hospitals) and get them sign you up for one big big 3's EPP plans.

Public Mobile is great value if you just compare list prices, but there are often discounts.

@GinYVR or pick the 10GB unlimited plans at Rogers/Bell/Telus for $75, which then throttles down to 0.5Mbps for the rest of your billing cycle.  

@Sukalee sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you really need 30+ GB/month, or you want 30+ GB/month?  Are you using this for replacement for home internet?  Or maybe tons of tethering for work usage?  I'm just curious what your particular scenario is for so much data, since for some things you can work around them. 

For example: if you want that much data because you stream a bunch of YouTube while commuting (via public transit) every day to keep sane, you could save yourself a ton of money by spending the $14/month for YouTube Premium, which lets you download anything you want to your phone while on a WiFi network (at home, or even at a Starbucks or Timmys or something) and then play it back offline.  That way you use zero or near zero data for YouTube every month. 

Obviously this won't help if you need to tether a bunch of data for work, but in that scenario, maybe you could get your work to pay for one of the large data plans for you instead?  

Fred54

If you have a dual sim, you can also take a US plan, I tried a T-Mobile SIM with unlimited everything (voice/sms/data) in USA/Canada/Mexico for 65$CAD, ate 42GB in a month. I used it in both USA and Canada, if you use it exclusively in Canada they may cut you...

@SukaleeIf you want unlimited data and for about $60-70.. Find someone who works for large corporations (eg Banks, school boards, hospitals) and get them sign you up for one big big 3's EPP plans.

Public Mobile is great value if you just compare list prices, but there are often discounts.

Sukalee

Thank you. I will do. 

But so far Public Mobile is the best option for me. 

Thanks

Sukalee

Thank you Darlicious. 

Yes in deed I’m trying to shop around. 

I wish PM could help me out with that unusual request. 

When I started with public mobile back in 2017 their max data plan was 4 Go. Today they are at 12 G0. 

It’s already a good thing.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sukalee  If your phone supports two sims keep the $60 plan and shop for a data only package.

@Sukalee wrote:

right now I will be confortable with 30 G0 at list.

I have seen a plan with telus in peace 115$ for 50 Go.

if Public Mobile can offer me the same kind of plan it will be awsome.

If you do go to Telus for ther data plans...keep an eye on the PublicMobile website as there's always pop-up deals and promos and there could be something in the future that you could return for.

Have you considered more use of wifi. Seems there's a wifi signal just about everywhere nowadays. Perhaps the 12GB's would work for you if you leaned on wifi a bit.

@Sukalee wrote:

Go with Telus.

Public Mobile cannot offer you other plans than what is listed on their website.

Even if you sign-up for multiple PM plans, it will end up costing more than $115 for 30+ GB.

@Sukalee wrote:

They can't offer more. There's no retention plans. 12GB is the maximum.

Sukalee

@Sukalee wrote:

Thank you.

If you need unlimited data, you'll have to change carriers. Public Mobile doesn't have unlimited data. All you can do is renew early, or buy add-ons.

Sorry but they don't have it

Look into chatr i guess or even lucky

How much data do you need monthly?

@Sukalee  The advice supplied to you by @sunflowershine is correct. The most fdata offered by public mobile is 12gb for $60. You will have to look at other providers for more data or unlimited data plans. At the moment public mobile has no plans to offer unlimited data.

Sukalee

Thank you for your answer. If they can it will be great.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sukalee Just compare what you need and the price with other carriers. Don't necessary PM have that kind of plan in the meantime. 

Sukalee

Thank you.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Top of page to review Plans offered at Public Mobile. Don't think you can find that much data here.

Need Help? Let's chat.