cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to reactivate account to switch service providers

LordPotato
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to reactivate my account in order to switch service providers. Is there any way to temporarily reactivate without needing to pay for another month? Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So the account is inactive now.. 

Depends on which provider you are porting to... as mentioned if porting to Telus family, you dont need to reactivate as it is family business. If leaving this family then there is a cost attached ...atleast $15. If it is that kind of a sweet deal that you ll spend $15 and still benefit from it then go ahead otherwise choose a suitable plan and stay with all the rewards. (between you n me..... someone said there might be a dec bonus for existing clients coming real soon.... not sure but most likely.)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LordPotato   are you changing to Telus or Koodo?  there is a chance if that is the case but this is still upon the cs agent decision

if you are moving elsewhere, then you really should reactivate your account first.  Make sure your account was suspended less than 90 days.

To lower the cost, you can change your plan to $15 first and then reactivate with this lower cost plan.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

How long has the plan been inactive?  If over 90 days your account has been closed and the number has been returned.  If it is under that as others have said unless you are going to Telus or Koodo you will need to pay for a new 30 day cycle and the lowest plan for that is $15

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LordPotato 

No. you have to pay is nothing for Free...

Reactivate a suspended plan (publicmobile.ca)

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@LordPotato 

Nope, not unless you're going to Koodo or Telus, then you don't have to pay to reactivate your account.

If not, you'll have to get the $15 plan at least. Sorry 😐

Need Help? Let's chat.