Did you mean: 

Need to find out complete plan price before modifying my current plan

kidsndog
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am currently on a plan for which I pay $165 every 90 days for:

•  12GB Data
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

When I play around with various new plan options it looks as if I can get for $135 every 90 days:

• 12 GB Data with 500 mb bonus 3G 
  • - Unlimited Canada Wide Talk

It seems like a better deal, but I am not certain what the taxes will be for the new plan. Is there a way for me to get a detailed invoice of my current plan so that I can ensure I am getting a better deal with my future plan? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

kidsndog

Thanks so much! I am in Ontario, so thanks for taking the time to help me with the taxes Smiley Happy

kidsndog

Thank you - my data is always loSmiley Happyw so this seems like a good choice Smiley Happy

nrg_svr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Simply put, your price will be $30 + applicable tax rate LOWER than current plan. As long as you are ok with 3G data

One other thing you can do is check your actual data usage in self serve. Just to see if you are using 12 GB in 90 days. You might be able to get away with a smaller amount. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@kidsndog wrote:

•  12GB Data

When I play around with various new plan options it looks as if I can get for $135 every 90 days:

It seems like a better deal, but I am not certain what the taxes will be for the new plan. Is there a way for me to get a detailed invoice of my current plan so that I can ensure I am getting a better deal with my future plan? Thanks!

Is the $165 you pay now including tax?  The 3G data plan will be cheaper than the LTE plan.  To roughly figure out your plan costs take the $135-$6(if on autopay)-Community rewards you may receive= The amount you will be taxed on.  Take this amount and multiply it by your Provincial Tax rate+GST or HST rate if that is all you have in your province.

Example

Ontario 135-6=129*1.13=$145.77 After tax

BC 135-6=129*1.12=144.48 After tax

Alberta 135-6=129*1.05=135.45 After tax

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kidsndog wrote:

•  12GB Data

Hi @kidsndog,

Just want to point out that the $135 plan comes with 3G data speeds (and a correction to what you have, it should be 12GB + 1.5GB bonus), whereas your original $165 plan most likely includes LTE data speeds but only province-wide calling. If you do not need LTE data speeds then the $135 plan is definitely a better deal for you.

WIth regards to taxes, what province do you reside in? The total price you will be charged will be $135 - $6 autopay rewards (assuming you signed up for autopay) + tax.

bryclops
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You are likely on an LTE plan and the plan change you are considering will be for a 3G plan at 3mbps LTE.  I haved tested the 3G plans and the speed is perfectly fine so I'll say that it's a good move to switch.  Going from province wide calling to Canada Wide is a nice bonus too at the same price as the province wide plans now on 3G.

Need Help? Let's chat.