cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help ASAP from someone that can

Andrea1991
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need help my friend from USA bought me data because I had no net and it registered as USA  roaming I need it fixed as soon as possible please and can’t fix it myself 

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andrea1991 wrote:

I need help my friend from USA bought me data because I had no net and it registered as USA  roaming I need it fixed as soon as possible please and can’t fix it myself 

How would someone in the states buy YOU data? Do they have access to YOUR account? Do you subscribe to a data component? If so does it work in Canada?

Using any wifi, you can do these things for yourself in the self-serve or 611 or 8554PUBLIC.

Are you physically in the states? If so then (with an active account) turn on roaming data and any roaming blocks. If your networks are not on auto, manually scan for and find and connect to either AT&T or T-Mobile.

@Andrea1991 wrote:

I just need data fixed I can renew my account later if they need me to I have the money for that I just don’t want to lose that data and not buy more when she bought some already and I need it as I’m using someone else’s 

Sorry, but you have to slow down and give us all relevant details in the order they occured - try bullet points? This works the same way whether you are asking the community (= your fellow customers) for help, or if you are in contact with a moderator (= official Public Mobile customer service representative), contacted through the link provided in the post above.

- You need an active base plan to be able to use roaming. "I can renew my account later" (if you mean it the way it stands there, which is impossible to tell) does not work. If your service in Canada is not active, you cannot add any add-ons.

- Buying add-ons is a two step process: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974/hig...

Andrea1991
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just need data fixed I can renew my account later if they need me to I have the money for that I just don’t want to lose that data and not buy more when she bought some already and I need it as I’m using someone else’s 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Andrea1991  you bought a usa roaming data package instead of the $30 1gb addon?

only mods can fix this (out of goodwill) you need to send a private message to moderator_team. replies can take from 2 hours to 48.

I would suggest buying the data addon you need if it is urgent.  another option might be to ask mods to renew your plan early (usually cheaper/gb than the data addons), or to do an immediate plan change to s different plan, assuming you are OK with losing your current plan,  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator for assistance.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.