cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW Activation didn't occur but got charged

JayJitsBJJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Went to "Mobile Shop", staff created an account, switched my current number over from Telus to PM. For some reason, somehow my number didn't switch over even though I've had my credit card billed. I can't create an account as my cell number cant be found. I do have my new PM account number and my Telus account number. If a moderator could touch base with me to correct it that would be greatly appreciated.

23 REPLIES 23

Dalton420
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to u talk to techeck support

JayJitsBJJ

I went to the " Mobile Shop" where I got my SIM card and phone activated. I put a different PM-SIM in my phone and it was working. I also tried a different carriers SIM and it worked.  They then gave me a new SIM Card just in case it was the problem. We went online and switched the SIM in my account.

After several hours of waiting and going back and forth with the mods it was escalated to their tech teams.  I eventually got a text from a number asking me to reply to confirm my activation had occured.

I then exchanged a couple texts with the tech support and they said it was definitely something on their end, and that they had to "force" the activation to happen.

JayJitsBJJ

i tried different SIMS including a PM one and my phone works great. The Mobile Shop gave me a new SIM Card and we changed it on my account.

I swear its something or somehow tied into my Telus account or my old PM Account from 2017.

Now theyve got a ticket in and their support teams looking into it.  This is absolutely BULL#$%T.

I just want my cell phone to work.

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JayJitsBJJ wrote:

Anyone got any suggestions? I've got no connection to the network. PM is saying my port was successful as of 12:02pm. MY APN settings are good. I've got automatic preferred Network on and its not conecting to the network.  I have also looked for networks and tried connecting to the telus 3G and 4G networks and its not worked.  I dont see any Public Mobile netwroks available to connect to.

Any possibilities its the SIM Card? Should I go back into where I bought it and have them try another card to see if it connects to the network?

HELP

You are prolly right at guessing this is a port/background process delay. Last thing I can think of trying is going to sim and Network settings on your device and make sure that the preferred network setting is set to automatic instead of manually to something else.

If it is background issues though make sure to contact moderators regarding the days you lacked service on your 30 or 90 day cycle. You didn't pay for 28(88) days of service you paid for 30(90) and that better be what they give you. Curious that Telus owns PM, the transition should be the smoothest.

JayJitsBJJ

Anyone got any suggestions? I've got no connection to the network. PM is saying my port was successful as of 12:02pm. MY APN settings are good. I've got automatic preferred Network on and its not conecting to the network.  I have also looked for networks and tried connecting to the telus 3G and 4G networks and its not worked.  I dont see any Public Mobile netwroks available to connect to.

Any possibilities its the SIM Card? Should I go back into where I bought it and have them try another card to see if it connects to the network?

HELP

JayJitsBJJ

Mods contacted me and asked for the security info.  A few minutes later my Telus SIM stopped working.  I inserted my PM SIM card and its not connecting yet to the network. I did a network search and tried conecting to both Telus 3G and 4G networks and the SIm card wouldn't connect to either. I've checked my APN setting s and its correct.

I am pretty sure I am just waiting for the number to port over which can take awhile.  Right now I've got my phone turned off and i will turn it back on in 30mins or so and see if i am connected to the network.  If not in a few hours I'll connect with the Mod again and see whats going on. I'm currently without any cell service which isn't the end of the world. 

Dankaroo

@JayJitsBJJ wrote:

So I've still had my Telus SIM Card in so I wouldn't go without service. I just got sent a new PIN #, and then a temporary password sent to my phone while the TELUS SIM card is in. I set up my new account, inserted my SIM card and I cannot conect to the network. "Your sim card cannot connect to the network"(something like that). I've tried the Telus 3G and 4G networks.

I'm confused as f%^k.  I'll wait a little while and see if the number just has to be ported over. I've never had such difficulties in the past with switching over. Not bashing PM but this has been a bit of cluster F$%K.  I haven't heard from the Mods yet either. Though I did send my infor, account #'s etc in my initial provate message to them.

You prolly already tried this but for me the network wasn't connecting until after I restarted my device. PM also instructed me to check APN settings (which were fortunately automatically correct for the most part).

@GreatCanadian appreciate the clarification. It was largely speculation on my part as waiting for old service to expire is the most commonly mentioned solution in this community. Telus owns PM so I'm surprised there's any delay or issues porting to begin with. More importantly I hope OP is not losing out on some days of service to his PM sim as they mentioned being charged already.

JayJitsBJJ

Yoo Hoo I am still waiting to hear frpm the Mods! Knowing it can take up to 72hrs sucks. I never really thought about it as my past experience was smooth, and my brother in-law set up a phone over the Christmas holidays and it went seemless as well. Keeping my thread alive until a Mod eventually connects with myself.

JayJitsBJJ

So I've still had my Telus SIM Card in so I wouldn't go without service. I just got sent a new PIN #, and then a temporary password sent to my phone while the TELUS SIM card is in. I set up my new account, inserted my SIM card and I cannot conect to the network. "Your sim card cannot connect to the network"(something like that). I've tried the Telus 3G and 4G networks.

I'm confused as f%^k.  I'll wait a little while and see if the number just has to be ported over. I've never had such difficulties in the past with switching over. Not bashing PM but this has been a bit of cluster F$%K.  I haven't heard from the Mods yet either. Though I did send my infor, account #'s etc in my initial provate message to them.

JayJitsBJJ

I've used unlocked phones for 6+ years. I've ported my number from Virgin to Wind to Virgin to PM to Telus and now back to PM. Porting is usually quick, Mods will message me today and get it going.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@Dankaroo wrote:

@JayJitsBJJ

Welcome to PM.

What Telus is doing is holding off on the porting process to provide you with your final cycle of service. You may see it as a hinderance but they are only trying to finish delivering the service you are owed/paid for. Once the cycle is passed they will stop holding on the porting process. Sorry but this would be out of PM's hands at the moment.

This is why it is important to hold off on purchasing a plan with any phone company until you are close enough to the new billing cycle if you are porting a number from your old company. Failure on old company's part to port after the cycle is their responsibility and is certainly report worthy.

As an unfortunate result you are now going to be using less than 30 days of the PM cycle you paid for, perhaps PM mods can assist you in that regard.

@Dankaroo There is no truth in any of that whatsoever. Porting normally takes place within minutes, and certainly within hours of activation no matter where the customer is in their previous provider's cycle. If it doesn't, there is a problem with the port, or the port is just taking a little longer than normal.

GC

JayJitsBJJ

The phone number you have entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. Click here if you've forgotten your password.

Dankaroo

@JayJitsBJJ

Welcome to PM.

What Telus is doing is holding off on the porting process to provide you with your final cycle of service. You may see it as a hinderance but they are only trying to finish delivering the service you are owed/paid for. Once the cycle is passed they will stop holding on the porting process. Sorry but this would be out of PM's hands at the moment.

This is why it is important to hold off on purchasing a plan with any phone company until you are close enough to the new billing cycle if you are porting a number from your old company. Failure on old company's part to port after the cycle is their responsibility and is certainly report worthy.

As an unfortunate result you are now going to be using less than 30 days of the PM cycle you paid for, perhaps PM mods can assist you in that regard.

@JayJitsBJJ wrote:

I've msg'd the moderators already. I did the switch earlier. There was a weird notification letting me/Mobile Shop know there was a problem with the transfer of numbers. I can't create a user account, though I have my PM account number and PM activation number. I tried to create the account by going through my email welcoming me to PM and it doesn't work. I'll see if it somehow manages to transfer overnight. I've still begun the process of messaging a moderator as I don't want to go without a phone completely.

When you go to create an account what is the message you are getting?

JayJitsBJJ

I've msg'd the moderators already. I did the switch earlier. There was a weird notification letting me/Mobile Shop know there was a problem with the transfer of numbers. I can't create a user account, though I have my PM account number and PM activation number. I tried to create the account by going through my email welcoming me to PM and it doesn't work. I'll see if it somehow manages to transfer overnight. I've still begun the process of messaging a moderator as I don't want to go without a phone completely.

@JayJitsBJJ If your Telus SIM still works then the port has not gone through yet, keep using it until it stops working, then put the PM SIM in. If the PM SIM doesn't work after Telus is disconnected then you have an incomplete port and will need to contact a moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

JayJitsBJJ

PM SIM card doesn't work, Telus does. I'll message the moderators. Thank you

@lukealex121 wrote:

Please reference my reply in the other thread. If possible, try to avoid creating exact duplicates of the same thread. 

Topics now merged together. 

lukealex121
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please reference my reply in the other thread. If possible, try to avoid creating exact duplicates of the same thread. 

JayJitsBJJ

Went to "Mobile Shop", staff created an account, switched my current number over from Telus to PM. For some reason, somehow my number didn't switch over even though I've had my credit card billed. I can't create an account as my cell number cant be found. I do have my new PM account number and my Telus account number. If a moderator could touch base with me to correct it that would be greatly appreciated

lukealex121
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It is possible that your number from TELUS didn’t port properly, or is still in the process. 

When you insert your Telus or PM sim, do either work?

If neither work, and your account is activated correctly, you may need to send the @CS_Agent a message with your old and new account numbers, phone number, etc. It can take up to 72hours to receive a response. 

JayJitsBJJ

Went to "Mobile Shop", staff created an account, switched my current number over from Telus to PM. For some reason, somehow my number didn't switch over even though I've had my credit card billed. I can't create an account as my cell number cant be found. I do have my new PM account number and my Telus account number. If a moderator could touch base with me to correct it that would be greatly appreciated

Need Help? Let's chat.