cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED TO TEMPORARILY SWITCH $10 PLAN

TammyP2018
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I currently have the $10 plan and have lent the phone to a family member to use until this Pandemic is over. I want to change it to $15 and then back to $10. Is that possible? I did the $5 add-on but looks like we are going to use that up quickly with everything going on right now.

8 REPLIES 8

@TammyP2018  If you are located in Vancouver and go mobile repair is still open they offer a free SIM card with in store activation. Should be easy to practise social distancing there....try giving them a call.

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You could also just buy another sim card for your family member to use and drop that into your phone. If you see the announcement from PM right now SIM cards are $5 off when ordered online. Between that and a referral credit it might be a better option then letting them use your account and losing your plan. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TammyP2018 

That $5 500 minute add-on is really a great deal for limited minute plans. Just keep adding them as needed as you go along. To switch to an unlimited calling plan at the least $25 plan is $15 more than your plan. That's 5 $5 add-ons = 1500 minutes. That's 25 hours plus the 50 minutes of the plan.

TammyP2018
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay - I thought so, thanks everyone for your response. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@TammyP2018 wrote:

I currently have the $10 plan and have lent the phone to a family member to use until this Pandemic is over. I want to change it to $15 and then back to $10. Is that possible? I did the $5 add-on but looks like we are going to use that up quickly with everything going on right now.

If you really want to keep the $10 plan that you have...you should just keep using the $5 / 500 minutes add-on.

Alternative is to get a free app like TextNow...works great to make free calls / tetxs while you have wifi.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@TammyP2018 wrote:

There is no longer the $10 plan so if you switch away from it you will no longer be able to get it again.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Sorry, @TammyP2018 the plan you mentioned is a grandfathered plan. Once you switch it, it's impossible to get it back.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@TammyP2018 wrote:

@TammyP2018   If you do change your plan, unfortunately, you will not be able to get to change it back again to the $10 plan.  You are grandfathered in for now, so changing plans will mean losing it forever as it is no longer offered.

Need Help? Let's chat.