cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My talk/text /data package for the US is not letting me send text messages

eMadman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
All my outbound text messages are failing but I have no difficulty receiving. Help! I'm going to lollapalooza this weekend and I'll be among 100,000 people in a field! I won't be able to survive the weekend of i can't text my friends whenever we get separated.

This happens every time I get a texting package in the US
5 REPLIES 5

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Then try a 3rd party sms app to rule out buggy sms app on your phone.  Just do a search in the app/play store.  I know Textra is very popular and Android Messages are 2 very popular alternatives to your phone's sms app.  

If this doesn't help, send a private message to @CS_Agent and provide your phone number and describe the problem.  A refresh from their end may help.  

eMadman
No, the plan is in effect. I've already called home and posted this using my data

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @eMadman,

Are you sure you are actually purchasing the add-ons?  This sounds like no add-ons are being applied to your account as incoming sms work without any add-ons anyways.

The reason I want to clarify this point first is that tons of people made this mistake already.  PM's add-on purchase system is setup such that it only looks for money already in your account, showing as "Available funds".  

When you go to purchase add-ons in selfserve, you are directed to top up your account in order to pay for the add-on.  Most people top up and then assume that they are done.  This step only adds money to your account which sit there as "Available funds".  

Next, you gotta go back to add-on page and buy the add-on you want.  

If this doesn't apply to you, then you should try a 3rd party sms app and see if the problem persists.  

Try rebooting your device and if you using iPhone try network reset by going to setting general scroll down all the way and click on reset then network reset option. If that's doesn't help try your sim in other phone. If nothing work send a msg to mod

Contact moderator by private message to help you with the process. In your private message the following info
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation Here is the link for how to contact https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 Thanks
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

eMadman
As far as I can tell, my APN settings are correct.
APN sp.mb.com
MMSC
http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
Mcc 302
Mnc 220
MMS Proxy 74.49.0.18
APN Type default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

@CS_Agent
Need Help? Let's chat.