cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My entire promo data plan is missing !!!

llollkk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

well, last month I posted the same question and got answers like "you used up your data"-that's why 2G+2G data isn't showing. And this time, at the beginning of my monthly plan, it's still not there, so i guess it's not been used up -  but somehow my additional 4G data has been completed opted out, can someone explain this?

59 REPLIES 59

@llollkk  If you're on the $15 plan with 250mb then yes I can see you getting the warnings. But you are not a big consumer of mobile data so it is unlikely that you would suddenly use up 2gb. All leaning towards my suspicion.....now can you hazard an educated guess of when you added the holiday gifts? I'm assuming you still have the 400 min ld add on.

llollkk

@CannonFodder 

are you an idiot? do you even understand what is add-on? 250mb is the base plan, and add-on is extra, they appear seperately, and I signed up for the the extra or the gift data PM gave out and they are not showing up, do you understand ? I used up? I used up many times before but they never disppeared,  if you are not responsible, please go away 

llollkk

@Anonymous 

you seem being very defensive of PM, I can understand that but please wear a different hat, I appreciate the process it;s taking, but asking a customer to pretend there isnt fishy things going on in my own account, sorry I cant do that. if you cant help, its fine, but can you focus on the problem itself instead of defending? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where's that forehead slap emoticon anyway. Nice analysis @CannonFodder !

llollkk

@darlicious  yes I got these data usage reminders all the time via text ever since 2018, and I do run out of data every now and then, but the problem is I am not sure if the data plans I signed up for are actually non-renewable or renewable, I have had no problem in the past, just want to know whats caused this and what to do about it 

@llollkk wrote:

sorry we are not discussing my data plan, we are discussing the add-ons data I got from public mobile which is seperate from the monthly data plan - I dont know how you read the thread. 

How I read the thread, is that someone seems kind of confused about how much data they should have, and how much they've used. From what's been said, you obviously didn't remember how much data was included in those promos/giveaways. That, and given that, on the top of page 2 of this thread, you said, "I usually have a lot left in my data plan, but 2.5gb is a guess on monthly average usage", and then at the bottom of page 2 you posted screenshots of your account, which clearly show you're on the $15 plan, which comes with 250MB of data, so in order to use ~2.5GB monthly, you either buy a data add-on, on a regular basis, or you've unknowingly used up those 2 x 1GB promos/giveaways.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@llollkk wrote:

@Anonymous 

I never recieved any heads-up expiry text from public mobile, payment thank you text- yes, usage reminder - yes, reward applied- yes. I checked my text, if I did activate some promo data plan back in August 2019 or even december 2019,  I am sure that I did not recive any text regarding these add-ons or change of plans. 

I'll get accused of being the language police again but your terms are confusing.

But interesting that you don't get the heads-up text when from the same 611 you get the payment thank you.

One doesn't "activate" per se those gift data add-ons. And no there wouldn't've been a text saying that you added them. Nor on plan changes. I would agree with your suggestions. But things change at a snails pace around here if at all.

@llollkk  Have you ever received a "you've used 90% of your data" message? Have you ever used all of your plan data?

@llollkk  I checked my account as well...it doesn't show. I'm assuming you don't take screenshots of your account every month. If you added the holiday gifts when they first became available on December 4th it's possible you were caught in that glitch....whether the moderators can check in your account for that now I don't know.

llollkk

@Anonymous 

I never recieved any heads-up expiry text from public mobile, payment thank you text- yes, usage reminder - yes, reward applied- yes. I checked all the texts I got from PM, if I did activate some promo data plan back in August 2019 or even december 2019,  I am sure that I did not recive any text regarding these add-ons or change of plans. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@llollkk wrote:

great answer, I can see how it makes sense,  its just i am not aware of which free data plans I signed up to 

but I had no problem with add-ons in the past (2018 and 2019), it started in last December when I loggin, and all the add-on disappeared. 

just a little tip on the design of interface: if a plan is one-time or has a condition (expire date/never expire), please display these condistions as well, otherwise over time it could be confusing. Also, please add text reminder everytime people activate their plans, I believe people lose track of what they opt in or out 

PM sends a heads-up text before expiry. They send a payment thank you text. They send a rewards applied text.
This being a more hands-on self-serve kinda place I guess it's kinda incumbent upon the customer to keep track of their account if they think somethings up.

For you and your data consumption, you can review your usage details and sort by the header and then add-up all the data consumption lines to see your consumption.

I would agree that add-ons could be a bit more descriptive. A little recently, they added the promotion area that shows actual promotional parts of your services. Plan Details is pretty good at separating plan info from add-on info.

@CannonFodder  The OP has been a customer for a few years....so we are really only talking about the two 1gb gift promos.

@llollkk  I do think...and you say they were untouched once you had loaded the holiday 1gb it's possible you were caught in the glitch that ate up data in December. Can you check your payment history to see if it shows what date you added the holiday data gift? (I'm not sure it will show?)

llollkk

sorry we are not discussing my data plan, we are discussing the add-ons data I got from public mobile which is seperate from the monthly data plan - I dont know how you read the thread. 

I have already asnwer when I signed up for these promo data. 

@llollkk  You've been asked twice now, how much data your plan comes with, and you still haven't answered. Maybe to help clear up the confusion, you should tell us which plan you're on, and how much data does it come with, by default, excluding any promos or giveaways. That, and when did you sign up(unlesss that's already been stated, and I overlooked it)?

llollkk

great answer, I can see how it makes sense,  its just i am not aware of which free data plans I signed up to 

but I had no problem with add-ons in the past (2018 and 2019), it started in last December when I loggin, and all the add-on disappeared. 

just a little tip on the design of interface: if a plan is one-time or has a condition (expire date/never expire), please display these condistions as well, otherwise over time it could be confusing. Also, please add text reminder everytime people activate their plans, I believe people lose track of what they opt in or out 

llollkk

suggestion:

can public mobile add a plan history to the customer account? so we can keep track of every changes made to the account instead of just the current plans 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@llollkk : specific terminology takes people in certain directions trying to figure out what's going on.

Promo data is almost always at activation. They could be renewable or they could be one-time.

Then there's gift data like the summer and Christmas gifts that the company gave out. These would not be called promo's. And they're one-time as well.

The gift data and one-time promo data would drop off your account if you consume them all.

Renewable data would renew depending on the promo criteria like not changing plans or something.

So you had them in December but by January they were gone....if you don't believe you used them then all you can do is ask the moderators to look at your data usage in December and January to see if there were any anomalies in usage and when you ran out of plan data before renewal. Unless you had a third add on previous to August of last year the two data add on gifts from pm total 2gb.

llollkk

I usually have a lot left in my data plan, but 2.5gb is a guess on monthly average usage 

llollkk

Last month, none of the promo data features were showed up in my account, so I didnt know if they were used up, this entire time ever since last month when I loggin, they were just not there, I can only see the features come with the monthly plan, but not my previous add-ons, same as last month. 

I think I got an 1Gb somewhere in August 2019, and I activated the promo on August 26. or somewhere near that, my message to my friend reminds me of that. 

I am not sure  how much data I got from the promo in total as I can not see them, but 3Gb for sure

@llollkk  As I thought...but the holiday promo was also 1gb not 2gb. Did you check your usage last month in your phone and compare it to your accounts usage? It still sounds like you may have used it up. However there was an issue in December with data add ons being used up very quickly that had to be straightened out in some members accounts. Maybe you were caught up in that....again what's your plan data and how much of it do you typically use in 30 days?

llollkk

I got 1G promo data in 2019 August 26 

and another 2Gb on the 2019 christmas promo 

@llollkk  Your 2gb of promo data add ons are they the 1gb holiday gift and the 1gb gift from august 19th customer appreciation? They are both one time add ons. When used up they are not replaced. Going back to last month when you checked your account were they untouched and you had plan data left and then they disappeared? Or had you used up your plan data and you were using them and they disappeared? How much plan data do you have?

llollkk

I don't remember what all these promotions are called. but the last one I had was the 2G data promotion public mobile gave out in December 2019, and I don't remember the other one, I got it way back, mostly I just needed to activate it.

@llollkk  Which promo did you activate on and when? So we can look at the details.

llollkk

ok, I just sent the message, hope this is getting straight. thanks!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@llollkk If,you get into trouble with Simon. Contact them directly using this private message link   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@llollkk wrote:

well, last month I posted the same question and got answers like "you used up your data"-that's why 2G+2G data isn't showing. And this time, at the beginning of my monthly plan, it's still not there, so i guess it's not been used up -  but somehow my additional 4G data has been completed opted out, can someone explain this?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you submit a ticket to a moderator ?

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help -> Click on Chat with Simon on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

Need Help? Let's chat.