cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My entire promo data plan is missing !!!

llollkk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

well, last month I posted the same question and got answers like "you used up your data"-that's why 2G+2G data isn't showing. And this time, at the beginning of my monthly plan, it's still not there, so i guess it's not been used up -  but somehow my additional 4G data has been completed opted out, can someone explain this?

59 REPLIES 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous   Just a note on your explanation to the OP on the use of the add ons and them staying on the account until completely depleted. Once he picked up the holiday add on with the August add on still there but mostly used it would have remained on his account until he finished the holiday add on. For some reason the holiday add on usurped the August one and is being used first. So he would have two add ons appearing on his account. Then they both would have disappeared rather quickly as the holiday one ran out and he then used the small amount of data left in the August add on up.

@darlicious 

Speculation and uncertain order of usage.

I "manage" a whole two accounts. My main one I had purchased the 200MB add-on way back. A mod graciously added a gig to it. Then we got the summer gift. Then I picked up the Christmas gift. Turning on data hits the original 200MB bucket.

My other account I call my data account was the 5gb promo from last year whenever that was with the purchasing online of a SIM and all. Then the summer gift. It flipped to using that bucket. Then back to the 5gb when done. Then the Christmas gift. It flipped to that bucket. I'm still working on that one.

So I can't predict which bucket gets used as it comes into the account.

However which you get there...the OP is down to his $15 250MB bucket. I think he was confused over what he was seeing and that add-ons don't renew...they just stay on until consumed. He would have been flipping in and out of his plan data and gift data as time went by and ending up finishing one gift and then moving to the next and finally finishing that.

@Anonymous   Just a note on your explanation to the OP on the use of the add ons and them staying on the account until completely depleted. Once he picked up the holiday add on with the August add on still there but mostly used it would have remained on his account until he finished the holiday add on. For some reason the holiday add on usurped the August one and is being used first. So he would have two add ons appearing on his account. Then they both would have disappeared rather quickly as the holiday one ran out and he then used the small amount of data left in the August add on up.

@Anonymous wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@llollkk 

For you to be satisfied with your question being answered just wait for the moderator.

I guess you were BUSY typing that wall o' text 😉 while @llollkk  posted above..... doesn't appear to be satisfied with the answer, but I'm pretty sure the issue has been nailed, a small portion by me, and more precisely by @Luddite  , @Anonymous  and apparently Katherine of the Mod team as well. Seems to me like it's case closed, other than the apparent lack of notification that the data was running out..... if that's even something that's supposed to happen with add-ons?

Small portion!!?? You broke the case wide open!

Add-ons do give the 75/95 notifications. But it looks like it could be total data on hand..not each bucket.

This has left me wondering..... surely someone here KNOWS under what circumstances those 75/95 notifications are to be sent.

But the OP really should have got them as he used all of his data on hand.

Well, without sifting through all the previous posts, I'm not SURE that's the case..... did ALL the data get used, or was it a case of the OP being in the self serve account, and noticed that the promo data was all gone? Either way, the notifications were probably supposed to have been sent, if that's the official procedure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CannonFodder wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@llollkk 

For you to be satisfied with your question being answered just wait for the moderator.

I guess you were BUSY typing that wall o' text 😉 while @llollkk  posted above..... doesn't appear to be satisfied with the answer, but I'm pretty sure the issue has been nailed, a small portion by me, and more precisely by @Luddite  , @Anonymous  and apparently Katherine of the Mod team as well. Seems to me like it's case closed, other than the apparent lack of notification that the data was running out..... if that's even something that's supposed to happen with add-ons?

Small portion!!?? You broke the case wide open!

Add-ons do give the 75/95 notifications. But it looks like it could be total data on hand..not each bucket. But the OP really should have got them as he used all of his data on hand.

@darlicious wrote:

@llollkk 

@llollkk 

I understand your thoughts on this matter. It can be overwhelming as a customer to be bombarded with questions and comments when seeking an answer. In your case with confusion on both sides leading to a lot of back and forth that was unnecessary. Sometimes the community can easily answer a question or solve a problem. Other times it's a unique account issue which the only answer is contact a moderator. For you to be satisfied with your question being answered just wait for the moderator.

There are some new trainees so keep that in mind when you do talk to them. Don't be afraid to ask how long they've been an employee if you don't feel confident in the answer you've been given. When you are finished ask for a review link (nicely so you get one). There are some fantastic moderators here so I always give them a great review. But I've had the odd bad Apple and ones with room for improvement so constructive criticism is always beneficial. Going forward use the community if you need a quick question answered or just search it. Most queries can be answered by a simple search. Just hit "go" instead picking a thread that way all the matches will come up listed and you can pick and choose.

All other account related issues just skip the community and put in a service request thru simon or as I do because I hate simple simon. I send a private message to the moderators by replying to the last message from them and changing the subject line. I always add my email, ph #,name, address and pin# with the message. They say it takes longer but it's usually a couple of hours.

If I'm online....im always happy to help if I can unless it's brainy tech stuff. You can always private message me for one on one help.(There should be a way to do this on the forum!) That way there's no distractions in the conversation.

Don't let this eexperience taint your view of the help model of pm because I think you've been a pretty happy customer up until now. You just have to find the best way to get help that suits your needs best. Its a bit of a learning process in that way. If i had to use simon i would have left pm a long time ago...cause I hate that frustrating little jerk.....but I found my own way that suits me just fine. You just need to do the same. I'll pm you with a little fyi. I hope this settles your mind a little!

darlicious

@llollkk , you should look to data conservation now. Enable downloading on WiFi only, turn off data to background apps. Check your data usage and see which apps are The greatest culprits etc.

You could also look to move your plan up if , you find yourself buying data addons monthly. Ex, if you buy a $30 data addon, You will be essentially playing $45 for 1.25 gigs of data per month. A $40 plan gives 5 gigs with autopay.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@llollkk wrote:

@gblackma @Anonymous

Sounds about right. I'm thinking you just don't like what you're hearing. That's the mod, myself and Luddite.

As I said earlier, add up all your data consumption in the usage details for each renewal period to see how much you used. That way you can follow along with each use and verify how much you consumed.

llollkk

@gblackma @Anonymous Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 16.25.55.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@llollkk 

I don't know what else or how else to say what I think is going on. Luddite was also in that realm of explanation and he's a long time participant here. I'd be curious to know what the mods had to say though.

I hope it all works out for you.

@llollkk Did you hear back from the moderators or pm customer service yet?

llollkk

@CannonFodder 

@Anonymous 

@darlicious 

you know what, i'd much prefer someone responsible to provide some answers, I appreciate all of you who tried to help me understand the problem, but it is overwhelming as I just need one person who actually knows what's going on and can provide real credibility or authority to my problem.  (I have msg the mods, but I don't think I am happy with their customer service, now I am just thinking I really need to switch service, online forum is helpful in some way, but it doesn't really have efficiency - the whole problem shooting process seemed very confusing to me, but I believe it is a technical problem rather than a misunderstanding, maybe both, I just don't like things disappearing in my account without notifications or heads-up cuz the whole point of PM is to save customer time and provide service at an affordable price, especially I've never had problem with PM before until something I wasn't aware of then trigger a problem - and I still think it is a weird way of operating it even it does provide some degree of convenience, but people are getting repetitive problems, just like some other people have the same problem as I had, and they all have to go through other people's thread to find the solution. Again, thanks for all your effort on my thread, I wasn't expecting everyone to help me on this, I just need to get a straight answer and a solution from someone accountable - this should be the job of PM customer service, if you guys not working for PM, I won't question the motivation why you guys doing it, but I really think there's a better way when comes to either customer service, or problem shooting, or just something like Apple support. 

@llollkk wrote:

@CannonFodder 

It wasnt my fault, was it? you sound like I was responsible for it,

What I was hinting at, that you should be responsible for, is reading about the promos/giveaways, and how long they last, and how they get used and/or expire.

if it was a mistake shouldn't I be getting some answers? it's not like I don't understand how these plans work, I just need explanations, but none of your answers actually make sense to me, and you sounded like I have difficult time understanding my own plans, but I know mine doesn't work that way, and it confused me, thats it, and PM messed up by creating this glitch, not me, I spent 3 hours trying ti figure out why, I know you contributed your time too, but all I get is the opposite to my experience

I was going to say more, but it'd resemble banging my head against a brick wall.... clearly there's plenty of confusion to go around in this thread.... @darlicious  presented a scenario that MIGHT be the issue, and @Anonymous  presented an alternate scenario that I suspect is the real issue.

, that's why I feel pissed, cuz somehow you are trying to compel people to believe that is what happened which is not 

I'm not "trying to compel people to believe" ANYTHING!!! 🙄  I came here and asked a few questions, to see if any further relevant information could be found out, to MAYBE help figure out what the issue might be. Unfortunately, a lot of what you said didn't add up, but I suppose my "analysis"(as @Anonymous  put it) led @Luddite  & @Anonymous  to figure out what's gone on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous  Very nice.....i think you stopped just short of triiggering the spam filters *poof* the magic dragon disappearing post bug ....and a logical explanation for the OP.

I got that fixed by the great and glorious Mary_M way back when it first happened to me. I don't know why mods can't go back to her reference information to fix it for those that have the same problem.

@Anonymous  Very nice.....i think you stopped just short of triiggering the spam filters *poof* the magic dragon disappearing post bug ....and a logical explanation for the OP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@llollkk wrote:

Yes.

Shortly after your renewal in August, the company gave a gig of data. Nice timing for you as you had just switched down to the $15 plan with the 250MB of data. So whenever they actually put that gift in your account (iirc it was a couple few days to roll it out to everyone) you were using your plan data. Then maybe you used it all and then used some of that gift data. Then you renew again and use your 250MB. Then maybe you ran out of that again and dipped into the gift data again. The gift data just stays around until you finish it. Then early Dec you picked up the Christmas gift data. Maybe you still had some of the other summer data still on hand kinda like Luddite showed. Then maybe you used up your 250MB and maybe you finished your summer data and started to dip into the Christmas data. Again it just stays around until you use it all. Then you renewed again.

So now it looks like you've used 3MB of your 250MB so far but have no other data.

There is no glitch.

_IF_ you had picked up the Christmas data on that first day then there was a fast consumption problem that promptly got fixed and everybody got reset back.

Again...no glitch.

That is what I highly suspect happened.

And how's that wall o' text darlicious? 🙂

llollkk

@Luddite 

I think I got something very similar to your plan and add-ons, and even I used up all these data, the feature displays were still there (eg: it displayed like this: 1024/1024mb), but now it's completely gone, this is nothing like what I had before except the features come with $15 plan. I actually changed my plan twice, and the add-ons weren't affected by that...now I have no add-ons and just the $15 plan, like below, cuz I used up? 

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 12.28.28.png

llollkk

@CannonFodder 

It wasnt my fault, was it? you sound like I was responsible for it, if it was a mistake shouldn't I be getting some answers? it's not like I don't understand how these plans work, I just need explanations, but none of your answers actually make sense to me, and you sounded like I have difficult time understanding my own plans, but I know mine doesn't work that way, and it confused me, thats it, and PM messed up by creating this glitch, not me, I spent 3 hours trying ti figure out why, I know you contributed your time too, but all I get is the opposite to my experience, that's why I feel pissed, cuz somehow you are trying to compel people to believe that is what happened which is not 

@llollkk wrote:

@CannonFodder 

geez, its not about how much I remember what is my add-on usage or monthly usage, why are you keep critizing it?

I haven't "criticized" anything. People come on these forums with issues, and don't provide enough information, so we all ask questions, such as "which plan are you on?", so we can HOPEFULLY decipher what the problem might be. In your case, clearly you didn't understand why that question was asked, and think it has nothing to do with the issue, but in the very 1st post in this thread, you said something about "2G + 2G", and were wondering where your 4GB of data disappeared to. That led me, and probably a few other people here, to think that MAYBE you were on a plan that included more data than the 250MB you actually have, and for my trouble, in trying to help figure out your issue, I get called an idiot!

I had one of the add-one for months and even I used up it become renewable next month (I mean not only the 250mb but also the 1gb add-on is renewable everymonth), do you understand? 

Yeah,  I KNOW you're talking about add-ons, and now that @darlicious  has kind of figured out that MAYBE your plan was one that had a glitch, and you got data renewed on a monthly basis, that you weren't entitled to, do YOU understand why your entire thread was confusing, and why questions needed to be asked? Seems like, when PM is tossing freebies around in the future, maybe you ought to read about them, so this kind of issue doesn't come up again, compelling you to resort to getting "pissy" when someone is trying to help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@llollkk wrote:

@darlicious 

thanks for the insight, that totally makes a lot more sense - I was using the data that wasnt meant to be renewable every month, a glitch, and somehow in the last month they update it and all that now is gone...and then I beleive they took the data away by making a mistake but it was a mistake/glitch from the beginning.....=.=  

If it was true that that gifted data somehow renewed each term then you could go back in your usage details and add up all your data usage in a term and prove that it somehow renewed...or not. If you add up something approaching 1.25 gigs each term then I would be astonished. Then if you add up something approaching 2.25 gigs after Dec 4 then I would have that same astonishment.

I highly doubt they renewed. If they fixed it then they fixed it right.

As I said in my earlier post...the add-ons stay on until used. They don't renew. They just hang around.

@llollkk It is almost certain you have used the data add-ons and are now restricted to just the 250 MB data from autopay. Login to your account and look at Data & add-ons. Unless you see data blocks marked "add-on" or "promo" they have all been used. There has never been a offer with the $15 plan that included recurring data, except for the autopay bonus. 

Here is a screen shot from my $15 account you can use for comparison. You can see that I have used more than 1/2 of that allowance this cycle and some bits of various data promo/add-ons.

Screenshot 2020-02-18 at 3.55.18 PM.png

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

llollkk

@darlicious 

thanks for the insight, that totally makes a lot more sense - I was using the data that wasnt meant to be renewable every month, a glitch, and somehow in the last month they update it and all that now is gone...and then I beleive they took the data away by making a mistake but it was a mistake/glitch from the beginning.....=.=  

@llollkk  If you were given the 1gb data add on gift from August and it renewed every month until December you indeed experienced a glitch in your favour. Add ons do not renew and the gifted add ons do not renew every month. So you received add on data "gratis " of a public mobile glitch that fixed itself...? No one else who have received the data gifts have gotten them renewed (or if they have they are saying nothing!) You can confirm with the moderators about data add on renewability.

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@llollkk  I had similar experiences. It was a simple misunderstanding on my part. I thought I had a plan with data. I just had an ad on that lasted months. When it ran out I thought there was a glitch. It was just used up. I was given advice to take a lot of screen shots as you go. It can be more help when contacting a MOD or someone from PM. Hope it all works out for you! 

llollkk

@CannonFodder 

geez, its not about how much I remember what is my add-on usage or monthly usage, why are you keep critizing it? I had one of the add-one for months and even I used up it become renewable next month (I mean not only the 250mb but also the 1gb add-on is renewable everymonth), do you understand? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@llollkk wrote:

@Anonymous 

I had the add-on for months, I dont understand how suddenly they are one-time if it means unrenewable. They were certainly renewable couple of months before

These gifted add-ons work like the other purchased add-ons. They stay on your account until used up.

You acquire the gifted data. Then you renew your services on your 250MB of data. You use some data. It will consume from your renewable 250MB bucket. You finish all of that data and you use some data. It will now take from your gifted data. You renew again. It returns to using your 250MB data. etc.

llollkk

@Anonymous 

I had the add-on for months, I dont understand how suddenly they are one-time if it means unrenewable. They were certainly renewable couple of months before

@llollkk wrote:

@CannonFodder 

are you an idiot? do you even understand what is add-on? 250mb is the base plan, and add-on is extra, they appear seperately, and I signed up for the the extra or the gift data PM gave out and they are not showing up, do you understand ? if you are not responsible, please go away 

Yes, it appears there IS an idiot in this thread, but it ain't me. Did you even read YOUR OWN WORDS, which I quoted above, and even put in bold, so they couldn't be missed?

As for add-ons, YES, I EFFING KNOW what an add-on is.... in fact, I have the very same Holiday add-on you mentioned, in my account, and if I was using ~2.5GB of data every month, that add-on would've been gone the same month in which I got it!!!

As for someone understanding, YOU don't seem to understand that if you regularly use ~2.5GB of data per month, that your regular allotted 250MB, plus your 1GB Holiday giveaway, plus your previous 1GB promo data, when added up, comes out to LESS THAN 2.5GB, and therefore they would ALL have been used up LONG AGO!!! 🤬 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@llollkk wrote:

@Anonymous 

you seem being very defensive of PM, I can understand that but please wear a different hat, I appreciate the process it;s taking, but asking a customer to pretend there isnt fishy things going on in my own account, sorry I cant do that. if you cant help, its fine, but can you focus on the problem itself instead of defending? 

Interesting take. Just a few posts ago I criticized this place for it's speed of improvements.

The problem itself is that you've about certainly consumed gifted add-on data after consuming your renewable plan data of 250MB.

Need Help? Let's chat.